- File Size: 685 KB
- Print Length: 336 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: March 31, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XCVX6TK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#159,457 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #352 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- #803 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Romance > Lesbian Romance
- #2183 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
The Penance of Pride (Shadyia Ascendant Book 2) Kindle Edition
Kindle Feature Spotlight
|Length: 336 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story continues right off the first, and stays going strong. A lot of twists and turns, and an unexpected sacrifice deeper into the plot. But the stage for that is set well in advance, so while something of a shock, the author did do a strong job of setting it up. (Won't spoil it for anyone, but trust me, there's a good little twist.)
I did see how the final fight between Shadyia and the bad guy would play out as it happened- the author set the stage for that as well, but I recognized what was happening, so that wasn't much of a shock (again, I won't spoil anything). But it did not ruin the story for me, as the rest is well done.
Looking forward to the third!
I eagerly await the third instalment of this series.
1) The main character is petulant and immature. Because of this she's not very complex or interesting.
2) The main character's love interest is used as a carrot. Oh no, Dee's in danger! Oh, whew, she's not. Oh, but now she is, oh ... guess not. This happens over and over and there is no development of that character - she's just there to serve that purpose.
3) The Madame and her chief henchwoman are, as in the last book, virtually unnecessary to the story. They are cardboard baddies who essentially have about 1/8 of a brain if their heads were combined.
4) Benjamin. The best we can say of him is that he is a total tool.
5) The ending seemed completely rushed.
While there were some parts of the story that I did enjoy, I don't think I would be interested in reading any further books by this author.
Most recent customer reviews
Warning don't read out of order you will be lost.
Trigger warning rape is in this book.Read more