Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Penguin Cooling Pillow Mat 12.2 x 22 in. Largest o..." and save 38% off the $39.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Penguin Cooling Pillow Mat 12.2 x 22 in. Largest on Amazon, Soft Gel, No Water or Leaks
- Low Return Rate: 51% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "cooling mat"
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Size 12.2 x 22 in. fits the width of your pillow, largest on amazon. Soft, flexible, and has a cotton-blend cover. No water, no leaking. (*Blue gel mat only, does not come with pillow underneath)
- Folds easily for travel and storage. Recommended: Can be refrigerated before use for extra chilliness.
- Inner gel is one continuous piece--not segmented like other brands. This design means no uncomfortable grooves or ridges will be felt in the middle of the pillow mat.
- Utilizes an innovative macro-molecule cooling gel imported from Japan. Slim, not bulky, design means it works comfortably over or under your pillowcase. Made of high-quality materials and finished with solid, durable seams on the edges.
- Great for headaches, migraines, summer sleeping, hot flashes, night sweats, neck pain, fevers, and more.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Sleep cooler and more comfortably with the new Penguin Pillow Mat.
- Hot flashes
- Night Sweats
- Neck Pain
- And more
The Penguin Pillow Mat Features:
Large 12 x 22 in. size fits the width of your pillow
Soft, flexible gel that conforms to your body. (no water necessary)
High-quality materials and finished seams
Fabric, cotton-blend cover (not hard plastic PVC like some other brands)
Slim design, which fits easily over or under your pillowcase
Folds or rolls up for travel and storage
Gel is one continuous piece, not segmented like other brands, so you do not feel ridges or grooves in the middle of the mat
Immediately feels cool to the touch
Instructions for Use:
1. Place Penguin Pillow Mat in the refrigerator about 1 hour before use (optional, but recommended for enhanced coolness)
2. Place mat under or over your pillowcase.
3. Lay back, relax, and enjoy!Mama Moon Boutique works hard to provide the highest-quality products at the best value pricing.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Penguin mat is slightly larger, but most of that difference (and it IS slight) is not filled with gel anyway. And speaking of fill -- they must use at least half (or less) of the gel in the Gel-0 mat. Given that it's likely the gel used in all these type of mats is the same, I can't see any reason to get this one (let me restate this: it's about the thickness of 10 or 15 pieces of paper -- just a sliver compared to the substantial thickness of the Gel-0 mat).
Now, as to whether you should get a mat at all: like with all personal care products, YMMV widely. The great thing about Amazon is you can try out these things and see if they will work for you. I'm a very "hot" sleeper, and I live in central Florida, both things combine for a night where I'm lucky to be able to go more than a few hours without feeling like my head is resting on a griddle, even WITH these mats. For many years I used the Chillow and for a while I thought it was better, but after a side by side comparison for a few weeks I've decided these mats DO work better, even if the coolness they offer doesn't last long.
Nowadays I use two mats, one on each side of my pillow, and then I have an identical pillow/mat setup I rest on the floor next to the bed, so that in the middle of the night I can changeover. By doing this, as well as turning the pillow over, I can make it through the night. Again, you may well find you don't need as much, or you might find even this won't work for you. I wish you the best of luck in getting the nice, comfortable sleep we all deserve.
Revised 9/3/2016: Now I will not recommend this mat at all. Since I bought it (a few months ago) it now has "shrunk" until it's literally paper thin. The other mat I recommend (the Gel-0 mat sold on Amazon) is still as plump and works as great as ever (I'm ordering another one today for the pillow that THIS mat was on). Something about the gel either leaks out or disappates, and there wasn't much to begin with. Do NOT buy even if you want a mat.
I simply cannot keep cool.
Other things that suck about it is the weight, which is way higher than expected. When you use it, your pillow becomes as heavy as a brick. On top of that, it slides around the pillow as you slip.
Worst product I've bought in a long time.