- Paperback: 522 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books; 1st edition (November 15, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0140128417
- ISBN-13: 978-0140128413
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 5.2 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (30 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #952,458 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Penguin Book of Hindu Names 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Please note that it takes a few days and a lot of patience to go through those 20,000 names.
1) If you live outside India, most of the names are unpronouncable by foreigners
2) Boy and girl names are not separated out, which can get pretty painful if you know the baby's gender and still have to go thru 20,000 names
On a positive note, I can see great benefit if you wish to use it for the following reasons:
1) Find the meaning of someone's name
2) Live in India and want a unique, meaningful name for your child
3) Do not know the baby's gender and therefore don't care that the boy and girl names are mixed together
Most recent customer reviews
Can learn a lot of new words.
If you want to learn about names and their true meaning, or perhaps you have chosen a possible name from Gita or Vedas and you...Read more