Key performance features on the Gold Label International V-Series VSW Reels include the ratcheted lever drag system that eliminates 'drag creep' caused by hours of trolling and diesel engine vibration. The ratcheted lever ensures that the amount of drag being used when a fish is hooked is consistent with the amount that you have preset. In addition, the reels are equipped with Dura-Drag, one of the most reliable and durable drags available that make snapped lines, jerky drags, pulled hooks, and hesitations a distant memory. The 2-speed reels feature an easy to use Quick Shift system that engages automatically with a deliberate bump of the shift button for low-speed or a spin of the shift knob for high-speed and can be performed without letting go of the handle. A favorite among skippers, the Push-to-Turn preset drag system prevents 'unknowing anglers' from accidentally adjusting the drag when backs are turned. Additional features that distinguish the VSW reels from the competition include four stainless steel ball bearings, a loud ratchet alarm, and a Braid Ready design that can handle the additional strain that braided lines can put on a reel.
Ranging from the brawny 80VSW Model with a 950-yard, 80-pound mono capacity to the 50 VSW with an 850-yard, 50-pound mono capacity to the lighter tackle 30VSW with a 900-yard, 30-pound mono capacity, the Gold Label International V-Series will deliver the power you need to reel them in. Backed by a 1-year warranty, the V-Series reels are worth their weight in gold, delivering reliability, durability, and performance you can count on for years of trolling.
- Ratcheted lever to eliminate "drag-creep"
- Push-To-Turn preset knob prevents accidental drag changes
- Full Metal Body--one-piece machined aluminum frame and side-plates
- Ergonomically designed and contoured frame shape
- Oversized power handle
- Four Stainless Steel ball bearings
- Loud ratchet alarm
- Braid Ready to handle the strain that braided lines put on a reel.
- Quick Shift
80VSW (950-yard, 80-pound capacity) Specifications:
- Mono Capacity: 950 yards/80 pounds
- Braid Capacity: 1550 yards/200 pounds
- Topshot Capacity: 50 yards/200 pounds
- Gear Ratio: 3:1--high; 1.4:1--low
- Line Retrieve Per Crank: 43 inches--high; 19 inches--low
- Weight: 111 ounces
30VSW (900-yard, 30-pound capacity) Specifications:
- Mono Capacity: 900 yards/30 pounds
- Braid Capacity: 700 yards/100 pounds
- Topshot Capacity: 50 yards/80 pounds
- Gear Ratio: 3.8:1--high; 1.6:1--low
- Line Retrieve Per Crank: 37 inches--high; 15 inches--low
- Weight: 58 ounces
50VSW (850-yard, 50-pound capacity) Specifications:
- Mono Capacity: 850 yards/50 pounds
- Braid Capacity: 1050 yards/150 pounds
- Topshot Capacity: 50 yards/100 pounds
- Gear Ratio: 3.1:1--high; 1.3:1--low
- Line Retrieve Per Crank: 34 inches--high; 14 inches--low
- Weight: 73 ounces
- Setting a new standard for performance, reliability, and durability, Dura-Drag is designed to endure frequent and heavy use without breaking down, to withstand the high levels of heat generated during big game battles, and to provide smoother start-ups and more consistent drag pressures. Dura-Drag contains a Phenolic bonding agent to prevent breakdown of the material and to provide a barrier to water damage. The Dura Drag is then treated with a special formula that improves drag performance, prevents water damage, and provides the drag with a silky, smooth feel from the initial start-up through the entire drag run. Dura-Drag delivers smoother start-ups and more consistent drag pressures thanks to the lack of an initial drag-pressure surge common in other drag materials. The Dura-Drag performance translates into fewer pulled hooks, broken lines, hesitations, and jerky drags, and eliminates the need for anglers to change their International drag washers after long fights with big game fish.
- Penn's Quick Shift is one of the easiest and most angler-friendly two-speed features on the market. Quick Shift engages automatically with a deliberate bump of the shift button for low-speed or a spin of the shift knob for high-speed and can be performed without letting go of the handle.
About Penn Fishing Tackle Company:
- The Penn Fishing Tackle Company has been at the forefront of modern reel design and production since Otto Henze founded it in 1932. Penn takes pride in the fact that millions of experienced anglers around the world use Penn products every day.
- Penn Fishing Tackle Mfg. Co. warrants its Products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damage or malfunctions caused by accident, abuse or normal expected wear.