Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on March 8, 2008
Scott Brown's earlier book, Pennsylvania Waterfalls, was an exceptional guidebook to rare and beautiful locations in PA, and this book is the same. There are so many wonderful vistas in Pennsylvania that no book could possibly cover them all, but Brown cherry-picked the best ones for inclusion in this work. His outstanding pictures are a joy to behold, and his photographic instruction will be useful to novice and accomplished photgraphers alike.

I've spent lots of time researching Pennsylvania vistas and overlooks, and I've even created a web site to document them. This book certainly aided my research. I've visited a number of vistas included in this work, and Brown does a great job describing the hikes, the views, and how to capture them on film. Other information about each location, such as the field of view, elevation, and GPS coordinates are icing on the cake.

My job takes me around the state on occasion, and I'm definitely going to make it a point to seek out the vistas highlighted in this book. I highly reccomend this work to anyone who's into viewing or phtographing the beautiful mountains of the Keystone state.
on June 15, 2008
Very good guide to all the photogenic spots in the entire PA as opposed to only specific parts of PA. There is very in depth suggestions for the serious photographers (of which I am not) that "point and shoot" photographers are really not going to use, but can at least use his recommendations for site location for the scene. I found the rating system very useful to help me decide which hikes were worth my time seeing on limited time.
on April 5, 2008
This book is very well organized and thorough. Directions and descriptions of sites are complete and easy to understand. A great tool for anyone who wants to hike to overlooks in Pennsylvania.
on November 20, 2011
Received the shipment in two days. Scanned the book. Loaded the two dogs in my car and drove 45 minutes to two of the most fantastic overlook views (Tuscarora and Tower) of Pennsylvania fall colors I could have ever hoped to find.

Best $20.00 I've spent in a while!
on September 15, 2014
made a good trip great
on January 10, 2008
I feel that this is a good book if you like the day trips and want to get out and see nature from a different views. Take your camera along for then special photos.