Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 425 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 447 reviews
on June 3, 2017
Worked for one use (pumped less than 1 Gal of Honda VTM-4 rear differential fluid) and then flew apart when pumping/draining the residual fluid from the pump afterward. Glad it didn't fail mid-job but it shouldn't be a one-and-done item. The VTM-4 fluid is not particularly viscus, kinda' like a 5W oil, nor does it have any solvent properties which would cause damage to the plastics or seals of this pump.

The clear hose was long enough, at least for my use, but was somewhat kinked near the pump due to how it was packaged. I was able to squeeze it open, but not to where it was completely rounded again. Perhaps the extra pressure needed to push the fluid through this partial restriction is what caused the failure?
on August 27, 2015
The fluid pump was absolutely indispensable for my project - replacing the gear oil in my axle housing. I also used it to fill the transmission oil (very old car) via a side access hatch that wouldn't have allowed me to pour from the container as I would normally do where space isn't an issue. Although this isn't needed for routine oil changes and other tasks, it will definitely make those types of jobs cleaner.

Yes - it takes a lot of pumps. No - it's not tiring or beyond what's expected.

Bottom Line: Great product, easy to use, and very much worth the cost.
on January 24, 2016
Life saver - I used this to change my car's rear diff oil and it was super efficient and handy. I just backed the car up on ramps (driveway is on a slope so doing this made the car close to level) and I had enough room to mount this on a gallon jug of new oil and pump away.

Perhaps one complaint is one of the extension pickup tubes popped off down into the gallon of oil but I may not have pressed it on hard enough so it may be my fault.
on August 5, 2017
I'm a gardener and have gallon jugs of fertilizer. I was pumping soap one day and had a thought, can I pump the fertilizer? I saw that this might look like it would fit the gallon jugs. It did fit and a few pumps give me what I want for each application of fertilizer. I am going to order 2 more to connect to my Nature's Harvest gallon jugs. Thinking outside the box makes life easier.
on February 8, 2016
The pump fits onto a 1 gallon windshield wiper fluid container, though the extension hose for the bottom was a little too short so not all fluid can be pumped out.The end/tip of the hose is small enough to fit into the transmission fluid dipstick but the length is too short to place the pump on top of the engine. I had to use another hose to extend the length. The extension fits nicely and tight on the pump tip. It is tapered so it was easy to put it on snug and tight.

It took about 30 pumps to pump a quart, so it took less than a minute per quart of transmission fluid.

I like this pump much better than the handheld ones (without the ability to screw it onto a container). No mess. Once done, I just unscrew the pump and take the hose and pump the fluid in the hose back into the container. Also, the pump comes with a clip for the hose so it just doesn't dangle on the ground and drip or get dirty.
on July 16, 2017
I was able to pump 1 quart of the gallon i needed to pump before this thing fell apart. When I took it out to see why it stopped pumping the top came off and spring and washer popped out, the gasket proceeded to fall down into my oil collector pan. Absolutely a waste of time and money, had to make a special trip to the auto parts store because of this cheap piece of junk. Stay away at all costs.
on April 21, 2017
Used it with a gallon container for gear oil, it's for a quart but still works with the large bottle just won't screw on, the pump works fine. Glad to have this and know I can use a quart bottle if I want the fit but that doesn't matter to me so long as it will pump the oil as I need it to.
on October 10, 2015
This pump was purchased to assist with servicing the drivetrain on my 4wd. There isn't a lot of space to angle quart bottles easily to replace the fluid in the diffs and gearbox on the vehicle. This tool simplified my experience albeit with some muscle building involved. The pump was designed for gallon bottles although you might find a quart bottle with a sizeable opening. Mine fit exactly onto an Amsoil gallon bottle so it was used to perform this service. I poured the gear oil into this bottle and pumped from the bottle into the diff and the trans.

While the tool worked well there are some drawbacks to mention.
I noticed that there were very small leaks at the ends of the clear tubing. (the zip ties used at the ends of the tube are a joke and normal hose clamps might be an improvement)
You have to pump that handle about 25 times to get through a quart of fluid (hence the muscle building)
This product is also made with some nasty chemical from china that requires the use of gloves.

It did however save me a lot of time performing my drivetrain service.
on May 13, 2016
I have a pump already but it is on another gallon jug of 90 weight and I needed to either change it over or buy a new one, only complaint is the extension hose doesnt push on very well, it pops off, nothing a nylon strap and some slide slits didnt fix,,,,, beware that the hose dries out over time so I go to the Helpful hardware place and buy longer so I dont have to try to pump under my vehicle..
on May 17, 2017
I purchased this pump to add fluid to my 1994 Jeep Wrangler's front and rear differentials, transfer case, and manual transmission. It worked great with these thicker fluids. And it comes with different length suction tubes to work with different bottles of fluid.