Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 279 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 291 reviews
on September 18, 2013
I really wanted to like this pair of binoculars - they look good, are lightweight and compact, and the focus & zoom controls are very easy to use. The focus and zoom dials are next to each other on top of the binocs, making it easy to zoom & adjust on an image (unlike some zoom binocs which have the zoom adjust on the eyepiece). The diopter adjuster was also quite good: situated behind the zoom control, the diopter adjuster pops out when needed, then pops back in when you don't. I especially liked how smooth & easy the adjustment dials turned. As one should expect form binocs with a small objective lens, the field of view is fairly narrow, and when zoomed all the way in, the image darkens.

In the field, the optics proved to be less than satisfactory: while the images were fairly sharp at 8x-12x zoom, when I panned over a scene, there was a sort of "bending" distortion. When I held the binocs steady on an object, I didn't at first notice the distortion; once I became aware of it after panning, I did notice it more and more, even while holding the binocs still. (Distortion like that isn't so good for my stomach...)

All in all, these are decent, compact binocs with excellent controls and fairly sharp imaging. If you want quality optics, however, you probably need to spend a bit more $$$.
on April 9, 2014
I got these to use at the gun range for spotting targets. While retrieving my target, they sprouted legs and walked off. Hope the new owner likes them as much as I did. In the 3 hours of use that I got out of them, they were crisp and clear even in low-light. I highly recommend them and that you keep them on you with the provided pouch.
on March 18, 2014
These binoculars are very nice. They are very compact, they could use a better strap but any old strap won't work. I bought the one that amazon suggested as a commonly bought together item and it did not work.

Update 5/24/16
I've been using these for the last 2 years and I couldn't be happier with them. I typically use these a few times a week. I typically leave them laying around the house so that I can grab them quickly to check out birds in my yard. I take them kayaking, hiking, camping and whenever I go on vacation. They have received a lot of abuse, but they still look and function as they did when i bought them.
on December 21, 2012
Life-changing, at any zoom level.

I don't see any of the usual problems with "zoom" style binoculars here. I can freely zoom in and out, changing my field of view of a subject, and using the 8x for finding a subject and then immediately hopping into 16x to get a better view of it.

I compared it with the large-aperture Celestron 15x70 and 25x70 binoculars for both daytime and nighttime viewing. It's definitely not as bright as those, but bright enough, such that even dimly-lit objects on the horizon are visible in probably 80 percent of the detail. I haven't tried this for night-sky viewing, but I'm sure it's just fine for the moon and bright stars.

16x zoom is enough to really feel like you're transported to your viewing object, but not so much that it requires perfect hand-steadiness to use. Though once you achieve steadiness, you'll be amazed at what you see.
on March 17, 2015
It's a good Binocular for the price with the features as described in the item's description.

Pros:
*Small and easy to store makes it a good travel
*Smooth and accurate focus.
*Decent magnification brings the objects close

Cons:
-Looses focus when zooming in and must refocus (one star gone)
-Does not cover the eyes with the provided eye piece and must press against eye socket.
-Distance between Eye pieces must be adjusted very accurately or only a partial view is present
-Narrow over all view even without zoom but this is OK in most cases

This item must be judged based on it's price, features and overall performance, It does as intended. In the field of optics and cameras there is always better available and the sky is no limit. I find it great for fun, outdoor trips, and getting a closer look at a show, exhibition or kids school performance.
on February 15, 2014
These are not bad binoculars, Let me start by saying I'm a Pentax fan, have 3 of their DSLR cameras and they are Great!! I expected the same from their binoculars too. The image through the binoculars is not out of focus but it's not as sharp as I expected. As you zoom you do have to refocus everything so be prepared for a bit of work getting them to focus as you zoom in or out. Controls are simple and work very well, they are compact and light and I do like that since I'm carrying a heavy backpack when I take them with me. I would say, with the Pentax reputation and quality they put into their cameras, I expected more for the price but these are not bad binoculars.

good points:
comfortable and easy to carry around
decent focus
bad points:

takes some work to refocus when you zoom
not as sharp an image as I expected

with that said, you can do a lot worse with some compact binoculars I've tried less expensive ones and they won't even come close to these.
on May 13, 2014
I bought these for a trip to Hawaii. They are good all purpose binoculars, come with a nice case and lens covers. Used them for viewing various landscape and birds in Hawaii and they functioned well, a tiny bit persnickety on the focus, i.e. seemed to have to adjust every few minutes, but that was probably from moving them around so much while using. I have astigmatism in both eyes, one worse than the other, so that probably didn't help. There are adjustments that can be made for that, but of course, I didn't read the manual before I went, so take that into account with my review. They have a very good grip and are lightweight which was my main concern. Might have wanted to have a more powerful set for what I was viewing, but the fact that they are easy to "take with" and not bulky or heavy was the plus for these binoculars.
on March 3, 2016
I own a few Pentax binoculars and have been very happy with their quality and function for the price. So I ordered these because I wanted more magnification. Quality of this is good but I have two concerns & thus the rating of 3. As I move along the landscape these binoculars have a little bit of the "fish eye" effect. My other Pentax binoculars do not do this at all. The second thing that surprised me is how much light was reduced when I zoom in to 16X. When I think about it seems I should have expected this due to the change in the optics configuration. Still, it was disappointing when I first saw it.

Having said all of that I'm keeping the binoculars with the understanding they have limitations and the price was reasonable for the product. However, I did decide to purchase the Pentax 10x42 GameSeeker. Very happy with the Gameseeker!
on April 24, 2017
Bought these to have in a backpack while on a trip through several national parks. Found the quality to be very good and for the price, the zoom is awesome!
on September 22, 2015
It took me a while to figure out how to focus both eyes so that they are in sync but a careful reading of the instructions solved the problem. The only complaint I have is that at full magnification there is a little shake so that you have to brace your arm on something to stop it l like a window sill or tree. It's light weight, clear, and delivers what was promised. It is not a good binocular for capturing light when it gets dark as my other binocular but for day time use it's great. I'm glad I purchased it and would recommend it to others if they were still making it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.