Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on July 22, 2014
For my Pentax K5 I looked at many reviews of both the Pentax grip and all the knock offs. I didn't want to take a chance and justified the extra expense against the price of a new Pentax battery ($45+). I installed Lithium Ion AA batteries for about 8 bucks and off I went. The feel of the grip and the fit could not be better. I highly suggest the lithium Ion AAs over Alkaline which has a considerable weight savings. The Pentax battery would make it even lighter. The grip arrived on time and was in perfect condition. An easy 5 star product.
on March 13, 2014
Very nice quality...perfect fit/match with my Pentax...no complaints whatsoever....would definitely recommend this add-on. It adds bulk to the camera body, but I like the professional look and feel...and the 2nd shutter button, etc. I have only used it with the lithium battery, but there' an insert or adaptor for AA's as well. Nice product...would recommend.
on February 27, 2014
I love the way this enhances the grip on my K-5 II. It just falls into the hand and balances nicely. The controls for portrait shots are a bonus, as is the AA battery adapter. I have tried many cameras from compacts to superzooms to DSLRs, and finally I have one that feels perfect. I recently upgraded from a K-30 to the K-5II, and the ability to use the grip is one of the best features of the camera.
on November 3, 2012
The original pentax batter grip for K-7 and k-5 is a quality product, and of the same quality as the K-5 itself. The battery grip is an extension of the camera, and the feel of the K-5 for the serious photographer with the original battery grip is much better than without it, especially when you add bigger lenses. The balance and feel is better, even though a bit heavier. The counterfeit grips may be cheaper in the short run, but more expensive in the long run with poor quality materials, technical problems etc.
on February 9, 2013
I have large hands and the fingers hanging off the bottom of the camera drive me crazy since it feels insecure like I'm going to drop the camera. I find this fits the hand well enough for one handed usage whether shooting portrait or landscape and totally improves the usability of the K5.

I'm guessing you could get by with a third party battery grip, but this device is so well-made it's hard to imagine there's a cheap copy that doesn't compromise in some way.
on August 29, 2015
This grip has very high build quality, and adds a great balance of features and ergonomics to my K-5 -- especially when I shoot with a heavier lens. The features, like everything else on a Pentax camera, are thoughtfully implemented, and the buttons and controls are well-placed and easy to operate.
on April 8, 2013
I ordered the Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip. Not only was the shipping fast but included in the grip is a free adapter that takes AA batteries along with the lithium battery. I was going to purchase the adapter at $30 but now I don't have to. A nice surprise and it saved my money too.
on June 18, 2011
Works well, well made extra controls make verticals much easier.
The K5/K7 battery grip comes with 2 holders, one for AA batteries and one for a LI ON battery. The unused holder will fit in a Pelican 1030 case when not being used.
The case is longer than the holder, however it is a snug fit and will not move around.
Pelican 1030 Black 1030-025-100 Micro Case with Clear Lid and Carabiner
on February 12, 2014
Don't go for cheap copycat versions. This is Pentax quality. This grip not only feels like an extension of the camera, it is also weather sealed. Extremely well-built, it feels like it could stand a tornado.
on February 16, 2015
Great Product ! DO NOT do yourself a dis-service and buy the imitation battery grip. Buy the Pentax BG4 and get your moneys worth. No worries if your going to be gone into the back country with all the added battery pack. You can shoot all day and not even think about the battery life.