Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 85 reviews
on August 2, 2014
I have two of these, the first one was purchased for my Pentax WG2 camera, but I bought the second one for my GoPro. Best floating must strap I've found.

Edit: I now have three of these, as a purchased another GoPro-ish camera, and this worked (and continues to work) so well for my first GoPro-ish camera. I couldn't find this specific strap with Amazon Prime shipping, so I purchased another similar product (Vivitar floating camera strap), and I returned it after opening it. The Pentax strap is much higher quality of materials and construction, and the Vivitar strap was way too big to be wrist strap (no, it wasn't a neck strap). The Pentax model is just a vastly superior product.

One thing to note though -- this is no longer shipped under the "Pentax" namebrand as advertised and pictured. Since Ricoh bought out Pentax, it has been co-branding some Pentax products, but others it changed the Pentax namebrand to Ricoh. For example, the Pentax WG line of waterproof cameras is now branded as Ricoh. When my third strap arrived, I was not overly surprised to see that the Pentax logo had been replaced with Ricoh. I hope this alleviates confusion by anyone who doesn't know that Ricoh now owns Pentax.

Tip: I use these wrist straps mostly as camera floats when kayak fishing in saltwater. Some of the 1-star reviews have a point -- the spring on the tension adjustment will rust, especially after using it in saltwater. After each trip, just give the entire strap (and your cameras for that matter) a good rinsing in tap water, let it air dry, and then put just a drop of any type of oil/lube you have on hand on the spring and it won't rust. I frequently use fishing reel lube because that's readily available in my tackle box. My first strap did start to rust, but seeing that, I do the above process each time and the other two (and the original one after cleaning out the rust) don't rust anymore. Hope this helps.
on August 9, 2010
I bought this for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 and my trip to the Carribean.

I almost didn't get a floating strap, but I'm glad I did. In the ocean, there is so much going on, and I was glad that this had a wrist strap that could securely hold the camera on my wrist. When they dropped us in the deep water on our snorkeling tour, I was glad I didn't have to worry about my camera because waves were knocking me around and I was still adjusting my snorkel gear, etc.

In the calm waters, I tested to make sure my Lumix camera would float, and it did with this strap.

I think it's worth a few bucks to make sure your camera doesn't sink to the bottom of the ocean.
on May 22, 2016
It floats a Pentax/Ricoh WG 4 Adventure Camera with a strap and carabiner, all nearly 9 oz. However due to the straps flat profile, it floats right at the water's surface which makes it hard to see from more than a few yards. At least the yellow color helps. And the cord that attaches to the camera is very thin, although it seems tough. I use the cameras carabiner instead.
on August 9, 2012
I bought this strap for my Panasonic Lumix DMC TS3. It was easy to attach to the camera. There is a quick release clip on it so the strap can be left on your wrist and the camera handed to someone else. I was worried this might be a point of failure, but it is very secure. The wrist strap can be adjusted based on the size of the user's wrist.

The important question is, Will it keep my camera afloat? For my camera, yes. In fact, on a recent trip to Bermuda I was in the shallow water with the camera and strap in the pocket of my swim trunks. The strap and camera floated out of my pocket and to the top of the water.

There is one downside. The strap is a bit short. If I tighten the strap on my wrist, the camera is literally in my palm, so that my fingers are on the other side of the camera from where the shutter release is located. I have to loosen the strap and let it slide up partially on my hand to be able to operate the camera effectively. However, my wife does not have this problem, so it is really dependent upon the size of your hands.
on November 17, 2010
I bought this floating wrist strap for my Olympus Stylus Tough camera for our honeymoon. It worked great. We used it when we went snorkeling, swimming on the beach, and even down a bunch of water slides. It's easy to slip on to your hand and tighten, and floats our camera perfectly when we didn't want to have it on our hand. It's both cheap and valuable at the same time!
on August 10, 2016
attached this to my Olympus water proof camera. Have taken it on several snorkeling trips and works great. I love the bright color because if you drop it you can easily see it. has enough bouyancy to go straight up when let go 10-15 feet under water.
on November 26, 2010
I bought this to use with my new waterproof camera (Pentax Optio WS80). They fail to tell you when you purchase these waterproof cameras that the cameras don't float! I was glad to have this with me on my trip to the Virgin islands. It was great to use when snorkling! And the fact that you can tighten the strap around your wrist is great, so that it doesn't slip off. I did wish it came in other colors though. And it was so light weight that I eventually lost it while sailing and it blew away (it didn't fit in the camera case--I should have left it attached and hanging out the camera case). But loved it while I had it.

The click to remove/attach it to the camera could have been a little easier to use and I have small fingers. Otherwise, great.
on June 12, 2014
The strap is very convenient. I was a little worried at first because the cord that attaches the strap clip to the camera is very thin but we used it in the ocean for 4 days on vacation and had no problems. Strap keeps camera floating well and unclips easily when needed, but not when in use. Also fits tightly on my small wrist and doesn't get in the way. Definitely recommend this.
on April 5, 2011
I bought this to use with a Canon D10 waterproof camera. The strap hooked on very easily, and has a "quick release" type mechanism to separate it from the camera. It worked flawlessly for me in both the swimming pool and the Florida and Bahamian oceans.

The strap easily kept the camera afloat, and would even bring it to the surface if I held the camera underwater. It was very comfortable around my wrist, and easy to tighten and loosen. It's about the size of a wristband (like the kind tennis players wear to wipe sweat, etc.)--just a little bit thicker.

I think it's a great product at a great price!
on February 14, 2015
This wrist float band works great. I purchased it to hold my water camera while snorkling. Tested it first to make sure and was glad to see if worked as intended. Due to my sense of security, I let my grandkids take it with them on their snorkeling trip as well. Great product.