Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pentax PTX-L80 Soft Leather Case for Optio MX Digital Cameras
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on April 29, 2011
I didn't buy this fabulous case to carry a Pentax Camera, but for its quality and leather and size. This is my 3rd one I have ordered over the past 3 months.

Perfact, beautiful soft real leather (no faux or fake) Quality stiching, soft padding inside, an outside pocket for small narrow items, mesh inside to hold other gadgets, a devider if you want to use it which can be removed or moved wherever you want attached by velcro.
The quality is superb. I have lots of gadgets bags and I have to be honest this one is a steal for price and quality. I use one just to store all my i-Touch stuff in it and the i-Touch. Great for travel to keep things together and has belt loop and a carrying strap which can be removed easily. This Pentax PTX-L80 interior measures about 7" wide x 2 3/4" deep x 3 1/2 ' tall, and is flexible enough to accept larger items.

I probably will be buying another. You can't find the quality anywhere better. If you don't like yours after you buy it, I'll buy yours from you (at a discount of course) because I'm always looking for gadget bags for PC equipment, photo equipment, and just a lot of things I like to keep dust free. For this price 100% Genuine Quality Leather superbly made is a steal. This is my 3rd purchase of Pentax-L80 here on Amazon so you know I got to love it.
on September 12, 2012
I bought these to use with Pentax K-01 and am happy to report that the K-01 w/40xs lens fits perfect with room on the side for an extra 2x batteries if needed! Case is really nice and well made .. it's a great bargain!!

P.S. This case will also nicely fit a Pentax Q w/8.5 prime attached + up to 3x additional lenses on the other side of the divider!
Take out the bottom liner in either case as you won't need it - use the extra space (height).
on February 14, 2013
As the other reviewers note, this is a very nice case. All leather, includes a carrying strap, and has the velcro inside with one long divider and one short cross divider. This thing just fits a stock Pentax K-01 camera with DA XS 40mm f2,8 lens. When you have it in there there is room at the end for an additional battery or a small lens hood. There is a mesh pocket inside for additional SD cards and one more pocket on the outside which can also hold cards.

Be aware that if you have a K-01 in this thing that will pretty much be all that you can carry. It just fits. However, this case makes it easy to throw the thing in your briefcase or man purse, messenger bag, wherever and just carry the camera wherever you go.

Like the other review notes, this thing can be used for other purposes as well. I bought an additional PTX-L80 to hold my battery chargers,cables,spare batteries, and other small items and I keep it in my Pelican hard case with my other camera gear. It is perfect for this. I bought a third one to carry small cables, adapters, ipod stuff, ear buds, etc. when traveling.

To sum up, this is a very nice case, Pentax branded, for the K-01 with the bare minimum space for a few cards or perhaps a lens hood or battery. No way you are fitting that camera in this case with any lens other than the DA 40mm XS. It is genuine leather, well made, and useful for other small items--cables, batteries, cards, etc. I think it would probably serve as a small toiletry bag for the road as well if you keep things simple.

And you cannot beat the price for such a nice item.
on November 20, 2012
I bought this case for my accessories for my Lumix LX5. I keep my cables, manual, charger and memory cards here.
Excellent product. Well made. Great price.

Update 8/20/14.... Just bought a second one of these for my Nikon 1 J1. It fits the J1, battery charger, car charger and two batteries. I don't know how they make and sell such a high quality real leather case with a shoulder strap for this price. It's a great deal. When I got the J1 the first thing I did was look through my Amazon purchases to find this case, so I could order another one for my J1. It has a bit of give as well. The dimensions are 7" wide X 4-1/2" high x 3" deep, but expands to about 4" deep and the outside compartment adds an additional 1/2 inch of storage otside the case. I keep the car charging adapter in there.
on September 21, 2013
This must be the best value in photography - at least in Pentax photography!

But only if you have a Q/Q10/Q7 and some lenses, or a K-01 with the DA40XS. I have both, so I bought two of these tiny bags.

It can fit a Q with the 01 prime (vertically) and two other lenses (zooms, fisheye)next to it. It only comes with one divider, so the lenses might have rubbed against each other, but I removed the floor which has a flexible insert and arranged it vertically in an "S" shape to keep the lenses apart!

I left the floor in the case for the K-01 as it helped keep the shape of the bag for a relatively heavy camera, and arranged the divider at the side, to tuck surplus camera strap into (but you could use it for a spare battery or two). The K-01 is actually a bit fatter than this slim case, but the small bulge is unnoticeable in use.

The side pocket isn't really useable (lens cloth, memory card?), and there is only a single rather than a double-pull zipper, but hey, its only ten bucks and made of real leather!
on April 4, 2014
This review is based on the camera I bought it for which is the Pentax Q with 02 Zoom Lens:

After buying my Pentax Q camera, I was in search of a bag that wasnt too bulky but at the same time, spacious enough to carry my camera in and affordable! This bag was my answer. Someone on one of the Pentax forums suggested this bag and I couldnt be happier. It fits the Pentax Q without the lens attached, perfectly as if it was made for this camera. With the 02 Zoom lens attached, the camera has to be laid down but this was no concern to me. Bag is spacious enough to carry the camera, a lens, maybe 2 depending on the size, some SD cards, an extra battery and cables in the back compartment. I usually carry around a messenger bag for work (17inches in size) and the bag fits in perfectly without adding too much bulk to my already large messenger bag. For those wanting an affordable yet nice quality bag for your cameras or even just gadgets, I highly suggest this.
on June 12, 2014
Bought this for the Pentax Q with O2 zoom lens, and this comfortably fits the camera, lens, and a charger and 2 batteries. Nice leather case, especially for the money. I could do without the 'Optio' printed in red on top, but if it really bothers me, I could probably remove it with acetone.
on January 8, 2014
Lovely case, no doubt, but I didn't realize that it had "OPTIO" embroidered on the top in a font sized for the visually impaired. In dark pink, no less. I'm very fussy in that I do not like to "advertise" a product that I paid for. "Pentax" embossed in the leather is enough without further branding. I contemplated keeping it but - I know myself too well - I'd wind up hating it and/or try blackening out the pink with a Sharpie - or both.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2014
I was looking for a case for a Pentax Q10 camera I had just purchased. This case proved ideal. It was small and compact but big enough to hold the camera and the lens separately, and the extra batteries that I also bought, fit into the side pocket perfectly, as do my spare memory cards. The strap is long enough to put across- body to carry the case safely so as not to put it down and lose it! The case has a soft padding in it to protect the camera from bumps. And I was able to fit my small tripod into the pocket at the top. Absolutely perfect for my needs. My battery charger even fits in too!
on December 15, 2013
I agree with the other reviews. This bag is great for my MX-1, fits the camera and the charger perfectly. Quality leather construction and a steal at this price.

See 1 answered question