Pentax Optio WG-2 Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 16Mp Resolution
- 3.0" LCD Screen
- 5x Optical Zoom/36x Combined Zoom
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I like it overall, but it is not everything I hoped it could be. I've had it for a few months, but I waited until I used it while snorkeling to finalize the review. Let's face it, you buy this camera for underwater use.
It could be better in the following areas:
(1) Shutter release button is kind of recessed (may be just flush) and kind of hard to press. I can understand the on-off switch being recessed, but why the shutter release button??? If you take a picture accidentally, what's the big deal? Just erase it! Make the shutter release button easier to press.
(2) Other buttons are small-ish. Some buttons are for fingernail operation. Definitely not operable with gloved hand (diving glove).
(3) No zooming capability in video mode while shooting. Why? I want to zoom in and out while shooting.
(4) The battery-memory-card compartment door is tricky to close. It's the same (as original WP) two-hand operation to open and close, which is good because you don't want it to open accidentally. But closing requires fine alignment of the door to the body, and I worry this mechanism will wear prematurely. It has not leaked, yet, but I worry about this door mechanism developping a leak.
(5) Auto exposure in video mode is not continuously adjusting, once the shutter release is pressed the exposure setting seems to be locked in that initial setting. It is OK for most video situation, but if you start the video footage underwater, and continue shooting while surfacing and above water, the exposure becomes all wrong.Read more ›
On the positive side, this camera can produce very detailed and fine close ups that are well lit. Also, the remote shutter works adequately and combined with a tripod everyone will be in the picture, with no need to set self-timer and running towards your party. Lens location in the center is a really good idea, no more fingers on your pictures! Video quality is mediocre. I feel this camera is overpriced overall in comparison to other waterproof cameras.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this camera! We have had this camera for about 3 years now and have had no problems with it until recently and it's just needing a new battery. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Idaho
I've been using this camera for 3 years and still love it. It has a crazy zoom and LED's around the lens that will allow you to zoom in on individual grains of sand or the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Some Reveiwer Guy
good waterproof camera....the compartment for battery and sd card are very hard to open.Published 8 months ago by Andrew MacMillan
This camera is bullet proof. I have been using it everyday for about 2 years now and it is still going strong. Read morePublished 11 months ago by William Brady
I took this camera diving on the "Devils Crown", in the Galapagos Islands. Low light conditions leave something to be desired, but this camera takes absolutely beautiful... Read morePublished 12 months ago by David A. Runkle
Got this as a gift a couple years ago. Takes much much better photos outside in bright light than indoors. (Which I suppose is appropriate. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Aubrey Baker
I absolutely love this tough little beast. I have a personal love of bugs and spiders (well actually all animals and plants) and I am kinda clumsy, so between the macro ability,... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Fred K. Aron