|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.6 x 6 x 0.6 inches|
|Item model number||PG1019G|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PG1019G|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.9mm, Yellow Accents, 1 Pencil (PG1019G)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 0.9mm, bold lines
- finely chiseled metallic grip with soft, latex-free pads
- 4mm fixed sleeve
- 0.9mm, Bold lines
- Finely chiseled metallic grip with soft, latex-free pads
- 4mm Fixed sleeve
- Lead hardness indicator
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Pentel GraphGear 1000 Mechanical Pencil
GraphGear features a 4mm tip design for rulers and templates. Dual-action retractor protects lead. Built-in lead hardness indicator. Metallic grip with soft, latex-free pads.
4mm tip design makes it ideal for use with rulers and templates. Solid design and weighted at your fingertips for precise drafting and professional work.
Pentel Super Hi-Polymer HB Lead
Pre-loaded with Pentel Super Hi-Polymer HB Lead. Industry leading lead that never needs sharpening, super strong, and produces a clear dark line.
Graph Gear Mechanical Pencils are available 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm and 0.9mm lead sizes. Each pencil has a built-in lead hardness indicator.
Pentel of America is a division of Pentel Company, Ltd., which has been producing the world’s favorite writing instruments for over half a century. Pentel is committed to quality, is known for innovation and is responsible for the development of many of the writing instruments in use around the world today. Pentel developed the Sign Pen, the world’s first acrylic fiber tipped pen; Pentel Arts, high-quality arts and crafts supplies; Recycology, a planet-friendly line of writing instruments; and Super Hi-Polymer lead - the #1 selling lead refill in the world. Pentel of America is based in Torrance, California.
Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil (0.9mm), Yellow Accents Pentel Co., Ltd. is a privately held Japanese company which produces stationery products. The name is a combination of the English words pen and tell. Pentel is also the inventor of non-permanent marker technology.
Compare to similar items
This item Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.9mm, Yellow Accents, 1 Pencil (PG1019G)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||TOYOTA||100 WAYS Ship from Japan||UJC Mart Japan|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 0.63 x 0.63 in||5.8 x 0.37 x 0.37 in||0.8 x 5.9 x 0.4 in||—||5.76 x 0.39 x 0.51 in||0.47 x 5.63 x 0.31 in|
|Item Weight||0.32 ounces||0.32 ounces||0.96 ounces||0.16 ounces||0.48 ounces||0.64 ounces|
Top customer reviews
I purchased my first Pentel Graph Gear 1000 mechanical pencil a little over five years ago, and have added many more to my collection in the years since. It's my go-to mechanical pencil for a number of reasons:
- It has a comfortable, chiseled metallic grip inlaid with soft latex-free pads provides writing comfort. These pads are different colors depending on the lead size you choose (brown for .3 mm, grey for .5 mm, blue for .7 mm, and yellow for .9 mm), making it easy to identify which size of lead you're using.
- The dual-action retractor advances and retracts tip for easy use. This means that you're able to retract the tip when you're storing it, which helps prevent damage to the tip as well as accidental damage (read: holes) in whatever you're storing it in.
- The lead and eraser are refillable.
- The barrel has a rotating window that allows you to identify the type of lead you've placed in it (2B, HB, etc.), so if you have multiples of these pencils, it's easy at a glance to identify what type of lead is in each without having to test them. Between this and the color-coding for the lead type, it makes it incredibly easy to keep on creating rather than having to take breaks to remember where you put a certain lead size or hardness or softness of lead. It also means that if you have multiples, you can have a variety of them handy, rather than having to regularly swap out lead.
- They are extremely well weighted.
- I rarely experience breakage.
I regularly carry the following Pentel Graph Gear 1000s in my mobile sketch kit:
- A .5 mm with 2H lead
- A .5 mm with HB lead
- A .5 mm with 2B lead
- A .3 mm with 2H lead
That said, these are by far my favorite mechanical pencils, and they are something I regularly use at home and while on the go. I would highly recommend them to any artist or draftsmen who is interested in adding a solid and long-lasting mechanical pencil to their creative arsenal.
I am a longtime Amazon Prime customer who enjoys writing reviews in my free time. If you have any questions or comments about this product or my review, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to help!
I have three different mechanical pencils, and I have ranked as my personal preference below:.
1. Pentel GraphGear 500 Automatic Drafting Pencil Black (PG525A)
2. Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.5mm Lead Size, Brushed Metal Barrel (PG1015A)
3. Zebra M-301 Stainless Steel Mechanical Pencil, 0.5mm, Black Barrel, 2-Pack (54012)
Somehow, I find GraphGear 500 is more comfortable to hold than GraphGear 1000, maybe because GraphGear 500 is lighter.
The Pentel GraphGear 500's price is right, only half of the Pentel GraphGear 1000, it but feels better in my hand, this maybe different for others.
The Pentel GraphGear 1000 is also a great one, it has full metal body, so it feels very solid in hand; moreover, the clip is very easy to use.
The Zebra M-301 Stainless Steel Mechanical Pencils are very cheap and perfect for taking to school and doing homework. It comes with two in a set. Since it is very cheap, I am not worried if I lose one.
Overall, I am very happy with this purchase, and it is well worth the five stars rating!
I have included few photos for you to look at the details of the product.
[...]below; this would really encourage me to give better reviews in the future. Thank you very much =)
Prior to this, I owned the Pentel Kerry Sharp. Really nice compact Full-metal mechanical lead pencil with and Executive Design. For my Drafting/Sketching/Drawing needs, I needed a Mechanical tip that protracts more to suit the Rulers and guides I use for my Art.
-Full metal design.
-Pushing the top to extrude lead will protract the Lead pencil tip. This is great for keeping the lead pencil in your pocket and it won't poke you.
-Metal + Silicone grip is fantastic. The Metal grills ensures good handling and the silicone makes your fingers not slip when gripping the barrel. The silicone prevents your fingers slipping when they sweat onto the metal.
-The Barrel can rotate in either direction. There is a little box that says HB, you can rotate the barrel to B, 2B, 2H, and H.
-Metal design gives it great weight when Drafting/Drawing/Sketching.
-The Metal Clip when pressed will retract the tip.
-Protracted tip extrudes out a long 4 mm tip. The equivalent of 0.4 inches.
-Removing the cap reveals a long 2 cm eraser with an adjustable metal bracket. ~0.75 inch LONG eraser.
-LARGE BARREL Capacity. Can hold up to 10 pieces of lead and ~+3 more without jamming the internal barrel.
-Retracted tip protection only works when the tip is retracted. If the tip s protracted and you drop the pencil tip first, this may cause the lead pencil tip to bend and/or break.
-Even though its a full-metal design, great care is still needed to ensure this Mechanical pencil will last you years to come.
I highly recommend this. I loved this pencil so much that i bought the 0.7 mm version as well.
Most recent customer reviews
+ The pencil has a nice build. Aluminum, no plastic and good clutch as well.Read more