|Item Weight||0.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.6 x 6 x 0.6 inches|
|Item model number||PG1013E|
|Pencil Lead Degree (Hardness)||HB (#2)|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PG1013E|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.5mm Lead Size, Brushed Metal Barrel, 1 Each (PG1015A)
|Price:||$8.77 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Chiseled metallic grip inlaid with soft latex-free pads provides writing comfort
- Dual-action retractor advances and retracts tip for easy use
- Superior drafting pencil for general and technical writing
- Refillable with Pentel Super Hi-Polymer Lead and Z2-1 eraser
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Pentel GraphGear 1000 Mechanical Pencil
GraphGear features a 4mm tip design for rulers and templates. Dual-action retractor protects lead. Built-in lead hardness indicator. Metallic grip with soft, latex-free pads.
4mm tip design makes it ideal for use with rulers and templates. Solid design and weighted at your fingertips for precise drafting and professional work.
Pentel Super Hi-Polymer HB Lead
Pre-loaded with Pentel Super Hi-Polymer HB Lead. Industry leading lead that never needs sharpening, super strong, and produces a clear dark line.
Graph Gear Mechanical Pencils are available 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm and 0.9mm lead sizes. Each pencil has a built-in lead hardness indicator.
Pentel of America is a division of Pentel Company, Ltd., which has been producing the world’s favorite writing instruments for over half a century. Pentel is committed to quality, is known for innovation and is responsible for the development of many of the writing instruments in use around the world today. Pentel developed the Sign Pen, the world’s first acrylic fiber tipped pen; Pentel Arts, high-quality arts and crafts supplies; Recycology, a planet-friendly line of writing instruments; and Super Hi-Polymer lead - the #1 selling lead refill in the world. Pentel of America is based in Torrance, California.
Finely chiseled metallic grip inlaid with soft latex-free pads. Dual-function pocket clip releases heavy spring mechanism to retract tip. Sophisticated brushed metal barrel. Writes crisp, .5mm fine lines of consistent density. Refillable with Pentel Super Hi-Polymer Lead and Z2-1 refill eraser.
Compare to similar items
This item Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.5mm Lead Size, Brushed Metal Barrel, 1 Each (PG1015A)
Uni Mechanical Pencil Kurutoga Roulette Model, Gun Metallic, 0.5 mm (M510171P.43)
Pentel GraphGear 500 Automatic Drafting Pencil Black (PG525A)
uni-ball KuruToga Mechanical Pencil, 0.5mm, HB #2, 1 Count
Pentel Sharp Automatic Pencil, 0.5mm, Black Barrels, 2 Pack (P205BP2-K6)
Pentel Arts GraphGear 1000 0.5mm Premium Mechanical Pencil (PG1015APABP)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Brown||Gun Metal||Black||0.5mm Starter Set||Black Barrel||Black|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 0.62 x 0.62 in||5.76 x 0.39 x 0.51 in||5.8 x 0.37 x 0.37 in||3.75 x 0.63 x 7.63 in||0.5 x 2.81 x 7.25 in||7.38 x 0.63 x 2.38 in|
|Item Weight||—||0.48 ounces||0.8 lb||0.8 ounces||0.8 ounces||0.8 lb|
Top customer reviews
I purchased my first Pentel Graph Gear 1000 mechanical pencil a little over five years ago, and have added many more to my collection in the years since. It's my go-to mechanical pencil for a number of reasons:
- It has a comfortable, chiseled metallic grip inlaid with soft latex-free pads provides writing comfort. These pads are different colors depending on the lead size you choose (brown for .3 mm, grey for .5 mm, blue for .7 mm, and yellow for .9 mm), making it easy to identify which size of lead you're using.
- The dual-action retractor advances and retracts tip for easy use. This means that you're able to retract the tip when you're storing it, which helps prevent damage to the tip as well as accidental damage (read: holes) in whatever you're storing it in.
- The lead and eraser are refillable.
- The barrel has a rotating window that allows you to identify the type of lead you've placed in it (2B, HB, etc.), so if you have multiples of these pencils, it's easy at a glance to identify what type of lead is in each without having to test them. Between this and the color-coding for the lead type, it makes it incredibly easy to keep on creating rather than having to take breaks to remember where you put a certain lead size or hardness or softness of lead. It also means that if you have multiples, you can have a variety of them handy, rather than having to regularly swap out lead.
- They are extremely well weighted.
- I rarely experience breakage.
I regularly carry the following Pentel Graph Gear 1000s in my mobile sketch kit:
- A .5 mm with 2H lead
- A .5 mm with HB lead
- A .5 mm with 2B lead
- A .3 mm with 2H lead
That said, these are by far my favorite mechanical pencils, and they are something I regularly use at home and while on the go. I would highly recommend them to any artist or draftsmen who is interested in adding a solid and long-lasting mechanical pencil to their creative arsenal.
I am a longtime Amazon Prime customer who enjoys writing reviews in my free time. If you have any questions or comments about this product or my review, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to help!
I have three different mechanical pencils, and I have ranked as my personal preference below:.
1. Pentel GraphGear 500 Automatic Drafting Pencil Black (PG525A)
2. Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil, 0.5mm Lead Size, Brushed Metal Barrel (PG1015A)
3. Zebra M-301 Stainless Steel Mechanical Pencil, 0.5mm, Black Barrel, 2-Pack (54012)
Somehow, I find GraphGear 500 is more comfortable to hold than GraphGear 1000, maybe because GraphGear 500 is lighter.
The Pentel GraphGear 500's price is right, only half of the Pentel GraphGear 1000, it but feels better in my hand, this maybe different for others.
The Pentel GraphGear 1000 is also a great one, it has full metal body, so it feels very solid in hand; moreover, the clip is very easy to use.
The Zebra M-301 Stainless Steel Mechanical Pencils are very cheap and perfect for taking to school and doing homework. It comes with two in a set. Since it is very cheap, I am not worried if I lose one.
Overall, I am very happy with this purchase, and it is well worth the five stars rating!
I have included few photos for you to look at the details of the product.
[...]below; this would really encourage me to give better reviews in the future. Thank you very much =)
Oh yeah, I write with them too. The heft and balance is delightful. The clip automatically retracts the point so it's less likely to rip my shop apron or your shirts. Of course, you'd probably want a pocket protector if you wore this in your daily engineering job. I love the knurled grip too. That makes it easy to control for both accurate marking and fine calligraphy.
I pretty much only use the inbuilt eraser when I lose or forget to bring a dedicated eraser but it does its job with none of the smearing that you get with low quality erasers and it's reasonably long. Woe betide you if you lose the end cap though. Retracting the tip will become much harder.
As to that retractable tip, it may seem like an extravagance, but I like long sleeves in my pencils as I draw with a fair bit of pressure and it helps keep my graphite sticks from snapping. These kinds of pencils tend to lead to a lot of lost change and dropped keys when they inevitably poke holes in the pockets of your pants so it's a huge plus for me. The mechanism functions smoothly with firm clicks when fully extended or retracted. It holds up to hundreds of extensions and retractions with no reduction of functionality. It's rock solid.
Most recent customer reviews
They are good quality, strong steel, and fit very well on my hand.