Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 215 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 235 reviews
on November 19, 2014
Pentel knew exactly what they were doing when they created this pen!!! This pen in my opinion is the finest writing instrument ever made. I have been using this pen ever since they first came out and you could only purchase them from Office Depot. Now for some unknown reason you can only purchase them online from either Amazon or Office Depot. They are not easy to come by, but you will know that you have found the pen that you have been looking for at the price you want to pay when you write with this pen. The price is reasonable and performance is second to none. This is the only pen I will use to write with and have found that when someone borrows it, I also have to ask to get it back and then they always ask where I got it and how they can get one. I always buy these in bulk as you never know these days when the supply will or Pentel will stop producing them....they are great writing instruments and come in a variety of colors, Black, Blue, Green, Red and Violet...all my favorites!!! Buy a box today and I guarantee you will never go back to the ball-point or rolling writer you have been using!!!
on August 21, 2013
I have been using these pens for over 30 years. I love the size of the barrel, the light weight of the pen, and the smoothness and evenness of the ink flow. They are really nothing great to look at -- basically a shiny, smooth, round, black pen with a fairly "brand X" kind of cap. I am very struck by how much better my handwriting looks (than with any other pen).

Most of the time, these pens last a pretty long time. I usually throw away the caps when I start using a pen and, when not in use, they are left uncapped on my desk, often for days at a time (and in direct sunlight). Even when I have been gone for a week or more, the pens usually work flawlessly when I return to them.

When cleaning up, I have found some that have gotten lost and dusty (including one that got "put away" in a storage box that I had not opened in 10 years). They usually still work beautifully.

I have also had some pens (but, by no means "boxes") that seem to dry up more quickly than others. I have no idea why. However, this has not happened often enough (despite using more than a hundred boxes over the years) for me to consider adopting another writing implement. I tend to buy a couple of boxes at a time and have noticed that it sometimes takes a year for me to open the last of the pens. I have never noticed any difference in how long these "aged" pens perform compared to a "fresher" ones.

Over the years, these pens have been subjected to a number of mishaps and mistreatments. They have been walked on, dented, slightly bent, briefly chewed on by a puppy, and used to open boxes (including more than a few from Amazon). Despite these "off-label" uses, these pens have never leaked or failed to work afterwards.

One feature of these pens that I like is that when they stop working, they stop working rather suddenly. There is none of that working for a bit, stopping, then starting again. It is either "on" or it is "gone" which makes the advantage of buying them by the box even more appealing. I have gotten pretty good at tossing the old one in the trash while reaching for a new one.

Every once in a while, someone will give me a pen or pen set as a gift. None of them have come close to producing the results I have consistently had with these pens.

I have also tried other pens. Somehow they come up short in how they fit my hand, how the ink goes onto the page, or in how heavy they seem. I guess I could try harder to like another pen but I just don't seem to want to.
on November 2, 2015
I LOVE rolling writers. I've been using them exclusively since I was 15 years old, and I'm a writer who grew up in his mother's art studio. These leave a very distinct line that's expressive and the ink flows generously, permitting one to alter its angle and pressure nicely. They are GREAT for keeping a journal and doodling or conceptualizing. I cannot say enough about these pens. I'm 52 and still buy them in large bulk, since I'm afraid they will one day stop selling them. They're not easy to find in the big box stores. So, I'm very happy to see that they still have a large following online! FOREVER ROLLING WRITERS! Seriously. These are one of my favorite things in life! And one pen lasts a long time so long as you keep it capped.
on September 30, 2015
Yes, I continue to be disappointed with this pen, but for some reason I've ordered it again, hoping it's better. I recently ordered 2 boxes, I take a pen out to use, it writes well for a short time and then I have to press hard to get it to work or it doesn't work at all. I use these pens for the many word search books that I do on a daily basis and I'm very particular about the pen I use, yet I am extremely disappointed with this pen and feel that I should get the money back that I've spent, but probably won't bother. I'll just have to keep searching for the right pen and I know now that Pentel is definitely not it!
In addition to what I've already written, I question how Pentel can continue to take customer's money and give them such a crappy product!
on February 26, 2014
I love the smooth, bold lines I can achieve with Rolling Writer pens! The are practically impossible to find in stores, but they are worth the effort to track down. It's a great pen for left handed people because it writes best at an angle.

Never press with the pen, though! I refuse to allow people to borrow my pens because they press (which restricts the roller ball and impedes ink flow), and then press harder (as if it were a cheap ink pen) and break my pens by pushing the ball back into the chamber. Always write lightly and at an angle, and if ink flow should decrease, just lightly draw swirls on a scrap sheet until the flow is consistent again.

This is my favorite pen, and I would recommend it to anyone, but I wouldn't share my own!
on March 18, 2017
I used to use this pen all the time at work. Management used to even buy them just for me (although then other people would use them also) I was laid off in 2011 and have not found another pen like it or that I like as much so I just finally bought some for myself because I love them. I always get the green but might branch out to another basic color also but don't know. I love my green pens! (but they have more colors)
on July 3, 2013
I've used these Pentel's for many years and they're still my favorite pen. Extremely difficult to find commercially any longer so buying them through Amazon at a fair price is a good option.
on April 19, 2017
At least a third of these pens did not work which is too bad since it's a great pen when they do work.
on March 7, 2017
Favorite pens
I started using this pen in 1981. I only bought this pen from Office Depot, when I let someone use my pen they loved them so much that I always let them have one because I bought them by the box. In 2007 Office Depot stop carring them, I almost died, so lately I have been ordering things from Amazon, so I took a chance that this pen would be stocked, and low and behold my prayers were answered, so now I'am suppling everyone else with good pens again. Thank You Amazon

Sincerely,