Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
I admit it. I have always had an interest in self-help type books. I have read some of Larry Winget's other books and like his writing style. Unlike some readers of this book (People are Idiots and I can prove it), I love the title. In fact, I have often thought of writing a book with a similar title (Why are People stupid and irrational?) because of my life and job experiences.

First off, there is nothing really new about succeeding in life in this book; however, Larry presents the material in a unique and hard-hitting interesting way. There is so much information in this book that it may take more than one reading to grasp every principle. Actually this is more of a workbook because it wants you to participate in evaluating the reasons why you fail and how to succeed in the future. This book is organized into three sections. Section explains what the idiot factor is and proceeds to prove it. This section also includes the ten ways people sabotage their success and how to stop being an idiot. This section alone is worth the price of the book. The second section explains how to take action for success and action lists of success. The final section covers how easy it is to keep being an idiot and how to avoid being an idiot.

In conclusion, this is a book for anyone who is willing to face their stupidity head-on and change their lives for the better.

Rating: 4 stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Season of the Warrior: A poetic tribute to warriors)
on May 31, 2014
The author is abrasive but his message makes sense. I'm glad this book was recommended to me because I have learned a lot and reaffirmed even more.
I recommended this book to my adult son who is going through a new stage in his life.
Once you get past the titles of this author's books, you find a lot of useful wisdom and information
on May 6, 2014
This was suggested to me by a very successful business leader. Larry's style is definitely one-of-a-kind in this kind of book genre, and I enjoyed his way of pointing out common sense, common knowledge ideas. Sometimes people really do need a slap in the face before they will acknowledge the obvious and this was just perfect for me. I'm making this a required read for all my team members, and I'm sure I will be giving it a once over every time I feel off-track.
on November 29, 2014
All of Larry Winget 's material is terrific, and it's nice to have him read this one himself on the audio version. Very informative and extremely entertaining, as well.
on March 13, 2010
Larry says things that may seem rude and cold but he does it with a reason, to get you off your but and doing things that need to be done, period. I agree with most of what he says and he does get you to think. He sees things as black and white no gray. Well some times there is something that is gray but one thing to remember is Larry talks about over all and in general. There will always be an exception to a rule. If you find him too much to take, then I feel you are not a strong person. To me he was kind of like a drill sergeant getting on you for doing something stupid, but this is about your life.

One thing people that read or listen to Larry over look is Larry admits his own faults and to me that makes him more credible. Do people really like to listen to the perfect person give advice? I know I don't because those people are usually full of it or they do not know what to do when things go wrong.

Is this book for everyone? No, I think other books offer the same advice but Larry is blunt, to the point and takes away all your reasons for at least not trying. Could he be nicer or less crude? Sure but sometimes and for me personally I like blunt and honest.A lot of what he says is things I have come up with and he puts things it there place.

Bottom line is if you need someone to get in your face a bit to get you off your but, try this book or CD set. Sure it will there are parts that will get to you but like he says that means you are thinking. You may not agree with everything he says but I feel most intelligent people will see his truth. For example, people are fat and getting fatter. Want to see why? Go watch a fast food joint at lunch time. I saw the drive through of the biggest chain in the world in my small city backed up 5 cars deep in the street and the parking lot full. Do these people not know that is garbage food and helping them stay of become fat and sick? Those are the things Larry points out and tell you to change that.
Ric
Right on target Winget, just as I expected and beyond. Early in the book Larry said someone once wrote a letter to him saying his books contained plain old common sense and Larry said there was no argument from him on that. That is a very powerful statement and here's why, the state of our economy and the mentality of our people are in severe trouble because we somehow reached the point where common sense just wasn't common anymore! That is step one in getting our country back on track. So many Americans have lost sight of what is important and they've come to expect certain things to come their way. Well folks the free ride is over and we have to work for what we get. Larry in People Are Idiots and I Can Prove It forces the reader to take a close look at their own self with exercises that involves the reader forcing them to think about where they are and where they want to grow. This book can be a quick read, you can do it in an evening, however if you want to truly realize how valuable the book can be to you then do each and every exercise, give each serious thought and you will be forming a road map to a much better life. Larry is different and different is good, we've become a society where too may go to the same stores buy the same suits, drive big SUV's, live in a house that is exactly like the third house up and down the street, we buys boats, jet skis, RV's, way more house than we can afford have huge credit card debt and on and on, soon our stuff owns us. Get it; read it, do the exercises and you will receive great benefit. Also if anyone who chooses to read this is involved in education I think Larry's book It's Called Work for a Reason should be required reading for every high school student in American as it will give them great guidance to enter the working world. Those already in the working world should read it as well as it will certainly improve their outlook on their job.
on May 14, 2012
Clear, direct at the core of the ego, harmful to laziness, logical, barking, intelligent, enthusiastic, shaking, detailed, full of quotes and "lists". And when you do the lists suggested, you can appreciate the stupidity which you let direct your life. Full of compassion. Yes, compassion. Behind the attacks at the unuseful and embarassing parts of your behavior, The Barking Larry is full of love and comprehension for people. It's a precious book. I would have read it years before. It should be read and taught at school. BRAVO!
on October 18, 2012
And prove it he does - might be a little close to the bone for those who haven't yet embarked on the journey to cut the crap - but if you have ever thought life should be a lot simpler than it is - this is a must read. Stop complaining - stop blaming everyone else for your life - and just get on with it. Laugh out loud funny in places, thought provoking and cringe worthy in others - this is not the book for the "every child wins a prize" crowd and it is not about "accountability" - it is about getting on with it because your days are numbered and to do anything else is a waste of everybody's time.
on March 27, 2011
If you have ever read anything by Larry Winget you know he's a shoot-from-the-hip, I don't care what people think, in your face kind of author. I don't mind that approach, sometimes we need a wake up call. Alarm clocks are supposed to be loud. I would prefer and think it would make these books better if he left the profanity out. I just don't like to get cussed, go figure. I probably won't buy any more of his books because of it, but this one is beneficial for those who are lazy, have no self-control or willpower. Winget admits he's not telling you anything that all the other motivational speakers don't say, he's just putting his own style on it. Still I like Winget and his style. If you don't mind profanity, and you can take it Winget has a style that makes you want to quit making excuses, get off your behind and do something.
on March 14, 2010
I love this book! It has been very helpful. I really like the fact that this book has specific places to list things you need to work on in your life. Larry doesn't trick anyone into buying this book. The back flap of the book clearly states SUCCESS, MORE MONEY, A BETTER JOB, BETTER RELATIONSHIPS, BETTER HEALTH, GREAT KIDS as topics in his book; all of which sound great to me. And after reading this book, and doing the work, things are changing for the positive. Thank you Mr. Winget! The Pitbull of Personal Development is not the Teacup Poodle of Personal Development, so I would not expect that little warm and fuzzy approach when purchasing this book. It's written by a very talented man and he can really motivate you to make positive changes in your life. Try it out!