Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on December 11, 2015
This is my oppinion only based on my experience with this product. I work at a gas drilling site in South Western Pennsylvania, part of my uniform is I have to wear work boots and can be exposed to the weather from 1 minute to hours.
I have a guard shack with a good heater. In the summer I wore cheap socks from the local big store and when we started getting cold weather I doubled up the cheap soxs thinking my feet would be warmer but actually got colder. The outside tempeture started dropping into the single digits to below zero and one day my feet were so cold, if my heater would have went out I would have been in trouble but what was really funny was the one day I went to work and on my one foot the soxs actually did not go all the way up and my foot was actually warmer without the cheap sox on.
I knew I was not going to make it through the winter and a friend of mine told me to try the Merino Wool Sox, so I tried these particular sox although alittle more expensive but not bad, I got them super fast and put them into service the next day and what a huge difference they made, my feet were so much warmer in sub zero weather and they fit good, I definetly would buy these again.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 10, 2017
Well I waited a while before making this review just to be fair, but sure enough all of my socks now have holes in them. The new design is awful, this used to be the only sock I would buy for work and recommended them to everybody that complained about blisters. I work in the construction field and these socks were invaluable to me. My last set before the redesign lasted me a year of very rough use, this set only lasted me a month before I started getting holes on the bottom. My cheap regular cotton socks are now tougher than whatever material these are being made of. Save your money and go with something else, what a shame.
on March 4, 2017
These are budget wool socks so I understand these won't match up to a company like Darn Tough. However I was disappointed in what I received. Immediately one of the socks had what looked like a dark ink stain near the toe. Now I don't mind that if it's just an aesthetic thing, but that area was incredibly thin compared to the rest of the sock and felt weird on the toe. I chalked it up to a manufacturing error and went on with the rest of the socks.

Within a couple washes another sock already has a dime sized hole in it. Another has a seam that looks like it's close to busting. The socks just don't seem that well put together. Now I'm not tough on these socks either. They get worn around the house and in shoes for normal use. I washed them in cold water and air dried them (did put them in the dryer for a mintue to fluff them up). I can't imagine them holding up well to heavy use.

On a positive note they are wool and about as good a price as you'll get for that amount of wool. They also fit well. Maybe I just received a bad batch. But I've tried other budget wool socks like Button and Pleats which seemed to be of higher quality and not have these manufacturing flaws. I'd recommend passing on these.
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2017
I loved these socks the first time that I ordered them. Lasted a year and were so comfortable. I ordered 2 more sets 5 months ago. I noticed when I got them that they had changed since the first time that I ordered them. They were noticbly thinner but I thought I would give them a try. 5 months later they are all worn out. I assume that the manufacturer is trying to increase their profit margin by cheapening up the product. I'm not sure how getting $0 from me helps their bottom line but they have lost my business and will never get another dime from me.
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 20, 2017
Wow. These socks are of incredibly high quality, and a very good price.

I've been a faithful SmartWool buyer for many years for their quality, comfort, and durability. People socks have met or surpassed SmartWool on quality and comfort, but durability is still unconfirmed as I've only owned them for several days.

These socks are substantially thicker than SmartWool socks, so it might be an issue depending on the fit and type of shoe you wear, but if you're like me and wear lots of boots and shoestyles that work well with thicker socks, then this is the brand for you.

Really promising first impression, this is likely my go-to brand going forward
on November 30, 2017
Do not buy these socks the good reviews were for the socks when they were thicker and lasted much longer. I have been buying these socks since 2015 and within the last 2 years they have become garbage, they are thin and not as warm and have worn out before the original ones I bought in 2015.
on November 27, 2017
I concur with what mos other recent purchasers are saying. The first set ordered in late 2015 were great in fact I still wear a couple pairs. Ordered some more a year or so later and they have already worn holes through and are basically garbage. Hope it was worth increasing your margin People socks because I won't buy another pair. Look at the recent reviews if you want to chance it, but I wouldn't.
on November 17, 2012
I've been buying high end wool socks at close to $20 a pair for the last five years and after buying these socks my life has been changed! The same quality as the $20 per pair but for four pairs! Great deal, great quick shipment and who doesn't love to help a start up? My first four pairs (one order) was so great that I'm ordering a bunch more for the family for christmas (and myself!).
22 comments| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2017
I am a huge fan! For years I've been overpaying for Merino Wool Socks and when I first saw these in Amazon, they seemed to good to be true. While they are on the thick side, that's how I like my socks and they have proven indestructible since I first got them. The People Socks socks have outlasted all my other socks, including famous brand Merino Wool Socks. The only concern that I have is that now that i don't buy socks that often, I won't be a repeat customer for a while, which at first seems like an unusustainable business model, although it is an honest was to run a business. Now to spread the word and buy some replacement socks ASAP!
on January 16, 2017
This use to be my favorite sock; high quality, comfortable, warm and long lasting. This last order however is too small, too thin, not comfortable and not warm. I don't know what happened, but I'm terribly disappointed in this sock.