Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on June 9, 2017
None
on June 4, 2002
This book provides vital information for my day-to-day work and does indeed improve relationships greatly. Situations that before seemed incomprehensible now make sense and difficult situations have become defused. I have heard similar comments from other highly successful individuals that I know. While assigning someone to one of the four people style quadrants does not provide a complete picture of an individual, as the authors would be the first to admit, people styles do provide a convenient and useful starting point for understanding your own and others behavior. The book also contains much practical advice for improving relationships and your own effectiveness within the context of the people style theory. In other words, people style theory works and People Styles at Work is a great little book.
on November 12, 2003
Highly recommended. Several years ago, I had a clash of personal styles between my boss and me. I thought she talked like a kindergarten teacher, and she felt that I came on like a steamroller. She was familiar with the methods discussed in this book, although she learned them during a seminar at a former employer. This book helped turn a bad working relationship into an excellent working relationship, and may have saved my job. I learned to "flex" to my boss's style (and to her credit, she flexed somewhat to mine). I reread the book from time to time and try to practice what I've learned. I highly recommend the book to anyone who is running into "people problems" on the job or elsewhere.
on January 25, 2013
This book has good ideas for improving relationships and awareness about your own style with people. But it's poorly written and plods over the same points over and over. If you're good at skimming, you can read this and extract the valuable content then blow over the 4x rehash. If not, it'll be tough to exit the second chapter.
on October 9, 2006
I took a webinar based on this book and found the information presented intriguing enough to buy the book. It's a short read but filled with good, practical information. If there are certain people in your lives who rub you the wrong way, understanding how their style differs from yours could help to improve communication and make the relationship more effective and pleasant for both. This book was definitely worth reading and I've experienced benefits from it at work in a very short time.
on May 7, 2016
Essential reading for everyone. I wish I could get everyone at work to read this.
on January 2, 2010
My mentor recommended this book to me and have seen recommended to my peers and friends. This helps you identify people work styles and how to build a working relationship with them. In a professional and social setup these days, it has become increasing important to be able to relate and understand others opinion and where they are coming from. I think it is a useful book and definitely a quick read. Highly recommend this book!
on October 20, 2013
The analysis of styles is eerily accurate--you'll find yourself diagnosing others as well as yourself. The author's guidance on how, when and why to alter your style in order to be more productive or create a healthier relationship is very actionable.
on February 16, 2009
All participants in a supervisory workshop that I conduct receive this book. It is perfect, especially the appendix section of the book, for employees who want to better their work and personal relationships and be able to influence. The key is flexibility, not your style, to have more effective interactions. Vilma Colon, Transition Matters, Inc.
on April 25, 2005
the book is simple and the ideas are easy to applicate in the every day life , i've tried the method and have good results - Read it if you have problem to communicate with some of your colleagues and you need to work with them