PeopleSoft PeopleTools Tips & Techniques (Oracle Press) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
An Amazon Book with Buzz: "The Redemption of Bobby Love" by Bobby Love
"Tender and brutal.”—Jeff Hobbs Learn more
From the Publisher
About the Author
- ASIN : B003XVYE8M
- Publisher : McGraw-Hill Education; 1st edition (July 22, 2010)
- Publication date : July 22, 2010
- Language : English
- File size : 10861 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 641 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,175,529 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is loaded with examples and each chapter builds on the next. It covers quite a few advanced topics.
The book will not teach you basics. So if you are trying to learn Peoplesoft or any specific application, please do not buy the book. Buy this when you have a strong understanding of what peoplesoft has to deliver.
I am still working my way thru the books which is sure to become my reference book for a long time to come.
I am extremely happy with my purchase.
If you are a seasoned peoplesoft programmer, I highly recommend you buy the book.You will not be disappointed.
If you work on PeopleSoft software professionally and are serious about development you should really have this book in your collection. It opened a whole new world of possibilities for me and I've been using PeopleSoft for many years.
Here are some more observations:
1) To get the most out of this book you should have access to a PeopleSoft database that you can try things out on. It is heavily based on teach-by-example where concepts are introduced and then reinforced by code that you create and run in PeopleSoft. Actually typing the code for yourself will strengthen your understanding of the concepts presented as well as give you visual feedback.
3) If you are new to PeopleSoft development you won't get much out of this book. The target audience here is the seasoned PeopleSoft developer.
4) Many of the topics introduced are not documented anywhere else - at least to my knowledge. This makes the book particularly valuable in my view.
5) If object based PeopleCode is something new to you then I would get this book for that alone. It's covered very nicely.
I wish the Kindle version was available when I bought it but, oh well :-)
This book extends the PeopleCode experience beyond the concepts found in other books and PeopleBooks. If you have experience writing applications in PeopleCode, this book is an excellent reference, I have purchased additional copies for my development team.