Perception: A Bittersweet Romantic Suspense Novel Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Perception is such an important, emotional, relevant, and meaningful story it isn't simply another "must-read" for your late-summer reading list, it's a mind-blowing, soul-searing experience in every sense of the word. It will grip your heart from the very beginning and sweep you away on a sometimes terrifying, always mystifying, poignant, passionate journey that will live in your heart long after the last page. - Passionate Reads.
- Perception was captivating, thought provoking, and deep. It was a romance and a beautiful one at that, but it was much more than just a simple love story. It was about hope, surviving and overcoming, empowerment, and finding and believing in yourself. Perception was beautiful, phenomenal, and inspirational. It touched every part of me and it is my favorite read of 2018 as well as the best one! - Amazon Reviewer.
- Perception is such an incredible story of pain, hope, love, freedom. You very well may cry, but it's because these two will have a way of touching your heart. This is honestly one of the best reads of 2018. And I'm so happy that Kendra is back. - Two Sassy Chicks.
- All of my emotions were tested and left me gasping for breath. Kendra Leigh, you floored me with another great story of strength, survival and of love. - Books, Wine & Time.
About the Author
- Print length : 332 pages
- Publication date : August 30, 2018
- Word Wise : Enabled
- File size : 2330 KB
- Publisher : Evoke Publications (August 30, 2018)
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B07FZKLL4S
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1910713090
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #613,361 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) h having sex with the H a day or two after she was kidnapped.
2) I understand that she was trying to become a stronger person, but it seemed like she put herself in danger with the husband when there was no reason to. I know she wanted the business, House, whatever, but all that could have been accomplished without her living with him. I like a good, strong heroine, but she practically crossed the line to TSTL. A good heroine knows when to except help.
3) speaking of TSTL moments, there was a big one at the end. Them separating at the end was a TSTL moment and you could see what was going to happen next a mile away.
It was still a book worth reading and I look forward to more books from this author.
Somewhere in the middle of the trilogy, I also fell in love with Jackson Dean, Ethan's strong, enigmatic, intensely loyal friend and protector. He was an absolute treasure as a supporting character, but even more important, he was someone I wanted to get to know, apart from his role in the trilogy. When I found out that Kendra was writing a standalone follow-up story featuring Jackson as a primary character, I was beyond excited. And when I had the opportunity to read it, I was utterly blown away, unprepared for its depth and left speechless by its power, not to mention by the unbridled passion in the narrative. It took me days to write this review and still I'm not sure I can capture it all. From its opening paragraph through its epic conclusion, Perception not only exceeded all my expectations, it left me wanting more -- again.
There are a few words I probably use too often in book reviews. I've recently realized that "powerful" and "compelling" must be two of those words because, having used them to describe other novels, they now feel entirely inadequate to convey the impact of Perception. Perception is such an important, emotional, relevant, and meaningful story it isn't simply another "must-read" for your late-summer reading list, it's a mind-blowing, soul-searing experience in every sense of the word. It will grip your heart from the very beginning and sweep you away on a sometimes terrifying, always mystifying, poignant, passionate journey that will live in your heart long after the last page.
Jackson is a man with a gut-wrenching secret, a dark past overshadowed by a sense of guilt and a need for atonement that made him the strong, devoted protector he has become. Little does he know, as his story begins, that destiny has put him on a path that intersects with the woman who will not only become the love of his life but the one person who will finally help him face his demons and become the man he is meant to be.
Savannah Harper is that woman. She is also concealing a dark, painful secret, trapped in a loveless marriage to a cruel, violent, manipulative man who, fortunately, is so arrogant and narcissistic he fails to recognize her strength, her will, her determination to survive, her intelligence, and her patience. He mistakes her vulnerability for weakness, and grossly underestimates her willingness to wait until the time is right to conquer her demons and find a way to ruin him in the process.
When Jackson and Savannah are thrown together in a serendipitous twist of fate, little do they know that the series of events to follow will irrevocably change their lives. For a blessed few days, they find themselves living fully in the moment, experiencing joy, excitement, spontaneity, and passion; gradually awakening to what life might be like together, yet aware that this one moment in time will inevitably come to an end. Nor can they begin to imagine the treacherous, heartbreaking road they will have to travel to find their way back to each other -- if it's even possible.
If you think for a minute that you know how this romance will play out, you are gravely mistaken. There are twists and turns, triumphs and tragedies that will keep you guessing until the last word of the last chapter -- and even then you'll probably turn the page to make sure there isn't another terrifying surprise hidden somewhere in the epilogue. I'm not sure I even took a breath in the final few chapters. I laughed, sighed, shouted, and ugly-cried, but I never lost hope, because even in the darkest moments - moments of utter betrayal and despair - Kendra kept faith alive through the strength of her characters and the power of her words.
Perception is a relentlessly suspenseful, sometimes intensely painful story, but please don't let fear or avoidance of the darker side of life and love keep you from experiencing every scene to the fullest. Because of all the emotions that flooded through me, of all the impressions imprinted on my soul, empowerment is the one that lasts. It is in our darkest hours that we find our greatest strength, and this story is all about finding the strength not only to survive but to succeed beyond your wildest dreams.
Everyone has demons that often seem overwhelming and insurmountable. All men and women have flaws, weaknesses, and vulnerabilities, but they don't make us weak or powerless unless we hide from them, deny them, or lose faith that we have what it takes to overcome them. As this story so cleverly and intelligently points out, perception isn't necessarily reality. Unchecked, our often faulty perceptions can make us believe our current reality is our only choice - and result in a self-fulfilling prophecy. However, if we are wise enough to question how we perceive our current situation - and how our perceptions lead us to make often unfounded assumptions about ourselves and others - we can alter our reality, forge a new destiny, and become the persons we are meant to be. This is the message I took away from Jackson and Savannah's story, and it has already changed the way I look at my own life.
If you haven't discovered Kendra Leigh, now is the time, and this is the book. If you love edge-of-your-seat suspense, passionate romance that leads to abiding love, and endings that will satisfy your every need, this book will own you. Having read this beautiful story, I am more than willing to wait as long as it takes for Kendra's next book.
He was very intriging in the trilogy and in this book to.
Kendra Leigh always has a way with words. Its definiatley that something that grips you from page 1 and keeps you hooked in the story.
It did take me quite a while to get into this story and I'm not sure why because by the end I loved it.
There's not really a lot I can saw without giving spoilers so I'm just going to focus on my feelings.
I really loved Jackson, his past and present. I could not believe what he had been through as a child and my heart broke listening to his story.
He had definatley had it bad but he had turned his life around.
Savannah's a strong female character and we saw that on more then one occasion. I felt she made some stupid decisions regarding her life and safety. But we always can say they should of done something differently when looking (or reading) from the outside. You never what you would do when put in the situations Savannah was.
But I honestly loved her, she was fiesty, stong and just someone I would love to be best friends with.
The story is beautifully written which is what we expect from Kendra Leigh's writing. There was also some warm and heartfelt moments thrown in.
I loved that we got to read about Ethan and Angel again, I love those 2 so much.
I can honestly say I will read ANYTHING that Kendra Leigh writes, I love her writing style, her words and her stories and I can't wait to see what else she has in the pipeline.
The author, Kendra Leigh, sends a strong, powerful message to all woman out there who are suffering at the hands of an abuser. There is hope. There is a fresh start waiting for you. You just need to summon all your courage and take that first step and leave.
Jackson is a featured character in the Bound trilogy, but here in Perception we find out his story and it's an intriguing one at that. He's enigmatic and there is something about him that calls to a reader. Jackson is there for Savannah, his Sparrow.
Savannah, Sparrow, is strong. Her story is full of courage and transformation. She starts off a victim, but in turn becomes a fighter, a survivor. The journey to become such is not easy, but her story is one that gives readers in such situation hope, freedom.
Perception is an absolutely incredible read full of pain, love and freedom. It's a story of hope. And if you're anything like me, you will be brought to tears.