Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,613 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,752 reviews
on May 12, 2016
Percy Jackson, Sea of monsters is the sequel to Percy Jackson, lightning thief. Percy is the son of Poseidon, out to prove he can accomplish more than one quest. Obviously there's a new quest and a sea of monsters,.. My daughters loved the second movie as much as the first and were thrilled that "Athena's daughter" was in the sequel. I like that they have a strong female lead that my daughters look up to that isn't a princess waiting to be saved. They watch it over and over again, it's a great family movie and fun if you like Greek mythology.
on February 2, 2015
Just finished watching "Percy Jackson - Sea Of Monsters" released by 20th Century Fox.
I can't help but thinking that "Percy Jackson - Sea of Monsters" is another example of why some books are best left unmade into movies.
Percy Jackson is having issues with Poseidon - he wants to have some quality time with his absent father - who resolves the issue by sending Percy his unexpected half-brother to Camp Halfblood. Doesn't help the issue that Percy's newly acquired half-brother is a cyclops. Oh that Poseidon.
If family matters weren't enough, Percy is starting to doubt himself and there seems to be a prophecy that suggests he's going to be responsible for death and destruction on a widespread scale.
Into this mix throw Luke, who is out to overthrow Zeus and the rest of the Olympians and restore the Titans to power.
So when someone else is chosen to go off on a quest to recover the Golden Fleece, Percy and his friends go off on their own to recover it.
The magice of the books are not in this movie, which is sad. But I don't think the books translate well into movies. Just my opinion.
Recommended only for fans for the series.
Three Stars.
on July 25, 2014
As a fan of the book series, I have to say that I have been disappointed in both movie installments- but Sea of Monsters was even worse than The Lightning Thief. I took a chance on this second movie adaptation because I had read that the screenplay writers had taken feedback from the first movie seriously, and had decided to stick more closely to the story line in the book as a result. So I actually looked forward to this movie quite a bit. Maybe the anticipation made the disappointment worse, I'm not sure.
I liked the first movie, even though it really did not follow the book very faithfully, It came much closer than SoM in my opinion.There were several problems with SoM-. Too many added scenes, not enough of the actual story, and poor character development were just a few of the things that made this movie just an okay way to spend a couple of hours. If you are looking for something that mirrors Rick RIordan's amazing story, my advice is stick to reading and leave the movie alone. If you just like teen action/fantasy and haven't read the books, this movie may be for you.
on January 5, 2014
First off let me say that I liked this movie. Now for the review, You would think that a movie with the title of "Sea of Monsters" would have a lot of action sequences in the sea with monsters, well there is not but one action scene with a sea monster and it is not the best scene in the movie by far, There are several action scenes with monsters and they are cool scenes, I won't go into detail so I don't spoil the movie for anyone reading this. I gave this movie 4 of 5 stars because there are some scenes where Percy is "I'm not good enough" and at camp half blood Percy is regulated to a janitor instead of being heralded as the only living child of one of the big 3 as they put it and even go as far ass the head of camp half blood not even knowing his name or that Percy was the one who saved Olympus and mankind,
Overall I would say buy this movie, it is good and worth watching several times, so buy it and this way you will have it in your library to watch when the feeling comes over you.
on September 15, 2014
This is a good movie and so is the first movie in the series.. We live out in Indian Wells Valley,Ca and the summers are real hot. Even when it's not triple digit heat some days have crazy winds.. This entertaining movie helped to pass those days.. I learned to love old world mythology as a child growing up on the Navy Base here at China Lake.. Very interesting. There was only so much to do here in the 60's.. But, as my mom always said " a very safe place to raise kids".. So, try it out and open your mind.. Now it's 2014 and I am looking forward to the next movie.. Get your kids out of the crazy cities where no one really cares about anyone.. Get to a safe place, enjoy your family and put this in the Blu-Ray... Enjoy..
on January 8, 2014
Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of Hunger Games because it is essentially a young adolescent's fantasy story. In many ways I prefer Percy Jackson because it is less pretentious and has a lot more action. Do make sure you catch the first Percy Jackson film before seeing this one! I haven't read the books, but I presume we are seeing Percy growing towards becoming a true hero and leader; so this is a story of personal development. As such I applaud the good intentions but it was just slightly over-played. In the end I found Percy just a bit too self-effacing for his own good. The plot line is okay, the special effects excellent, and the acting all it was required to be. A good film leaves you thinking and emotionally involved in the characters. Unfortunately I wasn't. So although it is pleasant eye candy with almost non-stop action, I can't say this is a memorable film.
on January 25, 2017
rented this to watch with my nieces. Its not bad for a "Teen Movie" The acting is okay, special effects are a bit weak, and story line is corny. But it is quite entertaining and a fun clean movie to watch with kids.
on January 10, 2015
I read the books. So inaccurate. Luke wasn't on the island with them,the Hydra appeared in the 2nd book, not the first. Chiron was supposed to be banished because the gods thought he did it. Grover was looking for Pan, the lost god of the wild and got trapped with Polyphemus or how ever it's spelled. Circe trapped herself. Them in her theme park that wasn't built on Polyphemus's island. I love the books, and I could name so many more flaws with this movie. Like this: Luke's boat was called The Princess Andromeda, it held monsters, and mortals, and the mortals were in a trance. Clarisse had rescued them from their battle with the Hydra, and it was only a baby. Annabeth's hair was blonde in the first book. Oh, and where's Ares, he didn't make an appearance in the first movie like he was supposed to! Hermes visited Percy on the beach in camp. Tyson met Percy at school during the year, he was homeless and the school payed for his tuition as a community project. I guess Ares was more forgotten than I thought in the first movie, Clarisse didn't make an appearance at all! And I heard Zendaya is the actress for Bianca in the next movie? Wow. Read the descriptions for the characters before applying the actors and actresses.
on June 17, 2014
This movie is really enjoyable i quickly got into the movie as i did with the first one, and is better then the first one in my opinion, the movie is really good and the story is good as well simple and entertaining, the actions scenes are great and look awesome especially in 3D, a truly good movie that all ages can enjoy. It might be more appealing to the younger audiences obviously, but all the same enjoyable to older audiences especially if your into science fiction like i am.
on January 30, 2017