Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
CON:THIS STORY WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE
IT GOT TO THE POINT WERE I WAS LIKE
THE WOMAN IN THE BOOKS I READ FROM THIS AUTHOR SEEMS TO HAVE
THE ANGRY WOMAN SYNDROME I WISH THIS AUTHOR WOULD
SOFTEN UP THE WOMAN CHARACTHERS AND LESS BITTERNESS
on June 24, 2013
Sam and Eric have both been hurt and abused emotionally. They are perfect for each but the past blinds them to happily ever after. There are great twists and characters you love to hate, too. I really wanted to rate this 3 1/2 stars. Someone needs to love Ms. Brown enough to proof and edit her work. Misused words are the biggest culprit (are for our; office for officer). Again, the story itself is great. If you can get past omitted and/or misused words, you'll enjoy Sam, Eric and their friends and family.
on June 22, 2013
First and foremost, this was a soap opera type of story which was awesome! What was annoying throughout the book was the MANY grammatical errors! Hench the 4 star rating. Please fix that and I'll be a happy "camper"!
on June 26, 2013
I loved this I could not put it down. Being the mom of a bit racial and former wife of a white guy I understood the struggles that were perceived. I teach my daughter that race should not been only the person should be seen. Being a strong person and being blessed with strong people in he life is a good thing and Sam and Eric and their family and friends proved that. Also don't let the past hold u from a promising future. This was a good .... no a great read
on June 20, 2013
**WARNING SPOILER ALERT**

I love stories about strong African American women, but this isn't one of them. Samantha, the heroine of the book is an absolute idiot! I tried to find one redeeming quality about her and couldn't come up with one.

Samantha was in a relationship with a much older man and he cheated on her repeatedly; however, she always took him back. Well this time he dumped her and now she has to move out of their apartment, which she can no longer afford.

Samantha goes on a blind date with her friend and meets Eric, hot Caucasian guy. Eric is straightforward with Samantha, he doesn't mind being in a relationship; however, he lets her know that he never wants to get married or have children. Samantha breaks up with Eric because she's in love with him (yeah, made no sense to me either).

Now this is where the story really gets stupid. Eric starts casually hanging out with Emily, a co-worker of Samantha's (he cares for Samantha so much that he starts a relationship that can misconstrued by everyone including Emily and Samantha). He even goes so far as to introduce Emily to his family, why would he do that if he wasn't' serious about her. When Samantha was his girlfriend, he didn't introduce her to his family, which leads Samantha to believe that he ashamed of her. To top it off Samantha finds out she's pregnant.

To make an incredibly long story short, Eric and Samantha get married and the rest of the story becomes inundated with Samantha's insecurities about loving a Caucasian man, and trusting men in general. The story has not one, not two, but three villains hatching plans to keep them apart.
on June 28, 2013
This story was different and intense. The HEA came late and after adversity, which was more realistic and less superficial than many of the stories in this genre. The story lost one star because of grammatical and spelling errors.
on July 22, 2013
I couldn't put this book down! Sex and some mystery; a great read. The storyline kept you on your toes to find out who was trying to ruin this relationship! I was totally enamored.
on June 22, 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. The Author took her time with the plot and resulted in believable characters as well as situations
on November 24, 2016
I am pretty sure a 13 years old would have better imagination than this mess. The drama was way over the top, exes popping out of everywhere. Flip flopping, terrible dialogue, some of which just made me cringe as I read it. No realism at all!!! I wish I had read an honest review about the terrible writing, editing, & storyline before I wasted my money. I kept going through chapters hoping it would get better smh
on December 4, 2014
This combination needed to be turned several times before it would become perfect. Eric and Samantha are two flawed people that needed to work on themselves before getting together. But, of course, the got together first then tried to make a relationship out of the mess that they were. They had to realize that their exes had more power over them than the should have had. Suddenly things were coming to a head. But something beautiful came out of all of it. 4 stars because of the story line. Work on word and sentence corrections and this could be 5 stars.