About the Product
- Engrossing single-player action, brought to life in startling high-definition
- Unparalleled online play via Xbox Live - supporting more than 50 players online
- Choose between story-driven single-player campaigns and various multiplayer options, including 4-player split screen and cooperative action for infinite replayability
- Features many of the classic weapons and gadgets from the original game, as well as countless additions; New combat-enabled vehicles are also available
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway, if you guys are looking for an honest shooter then buy this game but just don't expect to get too much of a nostalgic feel when playing it.
1. Varying gameplay based on difficulty: When you change the difficulty setting, you are given additional side-missions which you can achieve. One example is a boat that needs to be blown up to protect one of your operatives. This is a refreshing change to the rather boring alternative of just having guys who can withstand more headshots or are using faster moving computer AI. This also makes for a more immersive game, since you feel like a real secret agent, who's being trusted with more responsibility as your skills increase.
2. Varying gameplay based in single vs. multiplayer: When I first started playing this with a friend, I was amazed to find that it is actually a different experience. Rather than just heading down the same road as the single player game, the characters actually split paths and have different objectives. For example, on one level, I was a sniper on a roof, providing cover fire for my partner while he was down below trying to complete objectives for the mission. The game actually takes longer to play co-op, and it brings a lot of extra enjoyment.
3. Co-op over Xbox Live: If you have a friend with a 360 who lives far from you, you can play the game together cooperatively. This is a very nice feature for those of us who get tired of being verbally assaulted by teenagers and completely wiped out by the pros. It also allows for a more strategic gameplay, as you can try out different manuvers and see how they work against the AI.
4.Read more ›
It aims too high with not much success in a clichéd action game direction, away from Perfect Dark (2000). There are some things i did like; the packaging was great, graphics were really impressive for 2005 but face models really lack. I really like the weapon selection overall. What i didnt like is the story, The multiplayer SUCKS, HARD. the bots even on the lowest skill can pwn you like its an online match, the whole experience isnt fun. I was embarrassed when I told my friends I got this, they made it sound like I just bought Duke Nukem Forever.
TL;DR So, just buy this game simply to collect it (its a true novelty), and for one day when you're really bored on a late night and you want to try it. -with low expectations
That game stored not only your custom-tailored character but also your lifetime stats down to the mileage you've run and every round fired. This made it the cartridge of choice whenever I invited people over and we wanted something to play. There was fierce competition in my apartment for several months as people vied for dominance in one stat group or another. If you weren't a marksman, maybe you would only use mines and thus lay claim to the title of most explosive kills and so on. I tell you all this so you'll understand that not a little bit of nostalgia factored into my overall rating. If I hadn't played the original this one would probably get three stars. As it was, I enjoyed it more than a newcomer might.
So I was very pleased to see that bots were being included in this installment as well. I don't know why other games don't mimic Perfect Dark's multiplayer system. All I know is that between the original and Dark Zero, I kept wishing for a game that played just as well with multiplayer just as customizable, and never got it until now.
There are a number of standard rulesets like killcount and capture the flag but there are also scenarios that can be fought through against other live players.
The best, though, is when you have a friend over and want to play. Then you can have a real versus match--none of that one-on-one crap that gets old very fast. Want to play 5v5? Just add eight bots. Instant opponents, or teammates.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Load of crap worst game I've ever played I wouldn't pay 1.00 just to have the game around I actually chucked this game down a dirt road get it for game cube or don't bother.Published 5 months ago by Dustin T Shields
This is a great game at a great price. The ability to add AI in a multiplayer match allows me and my suitemates to engage in battles much larger than possible without AI. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Justin
I had this game when it first came out, still amazing to play now!Published 8 months ago by Anthony
Puchased it new and case was damaged but other than that game is really good the only reason I don't give 5 stars Is because my game case came brokenPublished 9 months ago by Freddy Sanchez
Great game, not 100% like the N64 version but some similarities. Great graphics. The fact that you can play team killcount with as may bots as 16 is a huge plus. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Anthony Wicks