Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar and Portable Gym System
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Portable gym that can be used as a doorway pull up bar or turned over to perform situps, pushups, and dips; 300 pound weight capacity
- Wide grip curved ergonomic handles offer three grip options for wide, close, and hammer grip pullups; padded handles ensure comfort for situps, pushups, and dips
- Turn over and place on the floor for situps, pushups and dips; padded handles ensure correct form, and provide comfort
- Patented door frame guard and adjustable design securely fits door frames up to 33 inches wide and up to 6 inches deep
- Assembled dimensions: 15 x 38 x 14 inches, weight: 8 pounds; manufacturer's one year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym is a portable gym system that can be used as a doorway pull up bar or on the floor for situps, pushups and dips. All Perfect Fitness Multi-Gyms target arms, chest, core and back muscles with workouts that ensure maximum muscle engagement. Featuring padded handles that provide three grip positions to perform normal grip, wide grip, and hammer grip pullups (compact Sport model has two grip positions for normal or hammer grip pullups), the bar has a 300-pound capacity making it safe to use with a weight vest. When turned over, the Multi-Gym can be used on the floor to perform situps, pushups and dips; padded handles offer comfort and help to ensure correct form. Multi-Gym Sport, Pro, and Elite feature patented door frame guards that use a unique flat design with thick foam pads to help protect doorframes. All Multi-Gyms are easy to install and do not require any drilling. Width is adjustable (Pro model also adjusts for height): Multi-Gym Elite and Pro securely fit door frames up to 33 inches wide and up to 6 inches deep; Multi-Gym Sport securely fits door frames 27 – 35 inches wide. Assembled dimensions: Sport measures 11 x 36.5 x 12 inches, weighs 4.8 pounds; Pro measures 15 x 38 x 14 inches, weighs 6.2 pounds; Elite measures 15 x 38 x 14 inches, weighs 8 pounds. Manufacturer's one-year warranty.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I purchased and assembled the "Pro" model of this product. I had to adjust the connections a couple times to get the right fit, with the horizontal bars horizontal to fit my wall thickness and molding thickness, which was fine. A combination of bolt hole options did end up working for my frame/wall situation.
So I put some weight on it but saw that the right side would slide down the frame but the left side was relatively firm. I looked closer and the part that rests above the molding was not making contact on one side. So when I put weight on it the part would flex in to touch the wall above the molding, while the handle would lower. Take the weight off, and the part above the molding flexes away on one side while the handle raises back up.
I double checked all the connections which were good but I noticed that the 4 "members" were not "square" with each other. I pulled it apart to check the J-bars and it turns out one was bent more than the other one, keeping the whole thing from fitting together square/plumb.
Certainly this would not distribute the weight evenly across the door frame and likely either the frame or the pull up bar would end up breaking. The side with the smaller-angle J bar would be taking disproportionate load, over and over and the side with the larger-angle J bar would be flopping around, even with the tinfoil (minor exaggeration) "safety clip". The flexing back and forth demonstrably loosens the bolted connections after only a few loading cycles.
I am returning this item because my 5-year-old Iron Gym is of better manufactured quality and is more safe and secure.
Perfect Fitness: Please implement some kind of QA/QC program. It looks like several users of your product have already injured themselves. I am not taking the risk.
Amazon: Please be careful about the products you recommend or send to the top of the list. The product is rated for 300 lbs but many people are reporting failures of the hardware (which is cheap) or the door frames (which is surely caused by the uneven distribution of forces when the thing is not symmetrical due to inconsistent manufacturing as I have described above).
Hopefully this review is useful to Amazon, the vendor and prospective customers alike.
• No holds to drill and damage door frame
• Skeptical to hang body weight off ground for first time, but it held up just fine
• Feels solid and sturdy
• Assembly was fairly easy, requiring only 4 allen screws and 2 allen tools, albeit the instruction guide process was lacking
• Support foam grip pads are sweat absorbent, providing a text soft texture to grip and prevent callous build-up
• Different positioning of support foam grip pads allow different pull-up variety, i.e. wide-grip and close-grip, targeting different muscle groups
• Can target triceps by placing bar on ground to do dips
• Provided safety clip prevents bar from accidentally slipping off top of door frame, causing serious body damage
• Fairly easy to assemble and disassemble (after initial assemble)
• Mine came with foam pad on left curved bar slightly dented in
• Instruction manual contains unhelpfully small pictures, making assembly process a bit cumbersome
• Parts are not labeled, therefore adding to the difficulty of following the instruction guide
• Support foam grip pads feel flimsy and thin, and will likely wear out with heavy usage
• Rubber side door frame support leaves marking and peeled off some paint from door frame due to pressure of holding weight
• Did experience some play/movement at where the u-bar meets the straight-bar as other reviewers have mentioned, even after tightening the 2 allen screws securely, which indicates a poor design, and will likely need to be re-tighten frequently with heavy usage
Added bonus: if you have a border collie mix, he'll find the instructions delicious.
Top reviews from other countries
Update: the company's website was not functioning right but I sent an e-mail to the help e-mail from the parent company and right away they offered to send me a replacement for the part and I received it a couple of days later. Professional and friendly customer service. I would not hesitate to buy again.
The only problem was that the safety clip was missing and some of the hand grips were deformed. Looked like it was used or it had some manufacturing problems. I tried to contact the seller directly, but I couldn't find the links on Amazon.