Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 61 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on July 23, 2011
This book is amazing. The recipes rock, the photos are gorgeous, just an all around comprehensive popsicle recipe book. I went and checked it out at the bookstore before purchasing it through Amazon. So I knew I wanted it and I knew the recipes in it looked terrific! I've made the Watermelon Pops, the Chocolate Pops, the Pistachio Saffron Pops...the list goes on & on :) They were ALL terrific.

The recipes are all simple & have easy to follow directions. They are creative without being so ridiculous that you're having to order ingredients from all around the world. The ingredients called for are all-natural and most involve fresh fruit. The author includes many tips and even sometimes alternatives to ingredients, which I love because I'm forever substituting a recipe with what I "have on hand" rather than what the recipe "calls for"! There are 3 main sections in the book: 1st has recipes that are mainly fruit based, 2nd section has creamy dairy-based pops and finally the last section has creative multi-layered pops, swirled pudding pops & even more 'adult' flavored pops, some calling for a little liquor in the recipes Mmmmm.....

This book is also great too because it gives you an idea of what works in the frozen pop world. What ratio of sweetener to use to ensure the pops stay slightly creamy and do not freeze into ice cube consistancy. What amound liquid to use versus amount of fruit etc. So you can take some of these recipes and use them as a base to tweak it and create your own new flavors, or flavor combinations!
11 comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2012
The book gives us about 50 recipe for pops. Most of the ingredients are available widely. Instruction easy to follow and the pops are easy to make. If you have some kids at home, make them some pops during the Summer time, they will definitely like it. Don't forget to get them involved. It's fun.

I contacted the author via the email and got a reply from her. That's nice since she's willing to give additional support after the book was published. In fact, I was able to send a picture attachment to have her take a look just to make sure that I got everything correctly from the beginning.
on July 30, 2017
This is the perfect book to accompany the popsicle molds I bought. The recipes have only a few ingredients and simple to follow instructions.
on February 18, 2015
I purchased this specifically as a gift for a friend who eats mostly raw foods. After finding the first 10-20 books on the subject, it becomes challenging to find "one more thing" that she will find helpful and unique. Well, this just fit the bill perfectly. I looked at the recipes and I will probably get another copy for some friends as well. The ideas are all very healthy and sound delicious. The instructions are clear, and there are sources for popsicle molds as well. For those who are eating "clean", or are vegetarian, vegan, or simply tired of over-sugared "treats", I think this would be an excellent resource. Just a wonderful way to indulge in healthy eating.
on June 22, 2012
I started reading this, and couldn't stop. I love it. :) Flavors both child-pleasing and sophisticated; adult and playful; both and subtle; bright and sweet and savory. Amazing. Simple, clear, easy to follow instructions. Creative tasty inspiring flavors. Not only did the book inspire me to try some innovative recipes, but also to create my own new recipes. Strawberry Maple Mascarpone, anyone?
on April 18, 2015
This book has more ideas for popsicles than I knew existed! I wanted to have the creamy fruity ones and chai tea flavored ones. I don't recall if it has the chai tea (it's been a few weeks since I went through it and my memory is that bad) but it does have a few pretty strange ones that have tomatoes and corn in them; southwest I guess. I live in Arizona but I'm not into the tomato or corn pops and that's why I gave it only 4 stars. There are good tips on freezing them as well. It does have a lot of the classic recipes that you'd expect.
on August 18, 2015
I didn't find any recipes that I really wanted to try. I will but so far haven't used this book. It has beautiful pictures which I need in a cook book.
on September 5, 2013
My grandsons really enjoyed the variety of pops I made. They wrre so easy and very tasty. Love this little book
on December 22, 2014
I bought some pop forms and decided to look for recipes to use with them. This is a great little book with several really nice recipes. So much healthier and interesting than premade ones bought at the stores. If children are in the house, this would be a nice book to have around.
on March 4, 2014
These are the best recipes I have seen for "gourmet" pops. I usually just make them from purchased juice blends, but
next summer I will be experimenting with these amazing recipes. Highly recommend this book! I will be buying more to give as gifts.