- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: FaithWords (May 3, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0446694487
- ISBN-13: 978-0446694483
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.8 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 13 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,469,306 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Perfecting Your Purpose: 40 Days to a More Meaningful Life Paperback – May 3, 2006
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
AUTHORBIO: David D. Ireland lives in Montclair, New Jersey.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Dr. Ireland's "Perfecting Your Purpose" has three goals, which are:
1) To help confirm your life's purpose through self-discovery exercises
2) To help perfect your purpose
3) To present the benefits of practicing 40 day habits
Goals fulfilled after reading "Perfecting Your Purpose":
1) The self-discovery exercises truly help the reader solidify his/her purpose.
2) With a clear understanding of your purpose, the book guides you by providing exercises such as "Sampling the Fruit," which challenges you to seek and engage with people and/or programs to enhance your purpose.
3) In practicing 40 day habits and fasts, the reader will gain new insight of God's power in his/her life's purpose. Dr. Ireland writes a remarkable explanation describing how God influences and transforms biblical heroes during a 40-day interval.
"Perfecting Your Purpose" is a helpful resource that brings the reader closer to God. Dr. Ireland's book will help stimulate ideas and prayers that reveal specific tasks to fulfill your life's purpose and serve God's Kingdom.
Some people are trying to be an eye when they are really called to be a hand and they don't realize that these misconceptions are hindering them and sending them in the wrong direction. He teaches us how we can apply these simple steps that he offers to our personal life as well as our spiritual life. Many of us have made wrong decisions in our lives but after reading this book you will realize that no matter how old you are, you can still get back on the right path.
David Ireland is a man of integrity and I believe the best teacher that I have ever heard. Everyone who read "The Purpose driven life" will definitely want to read this sequel to that book. It will help you comprehend the full measure of success God has prepared for you that will dramatically change your life as you discover your purpose in life. None of us are here by accident. If you are unhappy with the way your life is going, you can make a decision today to change your direction. This book is very easy to read because it is meant to be read over a period of forty days. I highly recommend this book to EVERYONE.
My perspective is changing. For example, I now look at my job as part of my overall purpose, so I view the time that I'm toiling away as an opportunity for being salt and light in the workplace, and my work product, attitude and relationships have been significantly enhanced. I now see my wife and two children as my primary mission field for ministry and not just a financial burden, and my home has become more of a sanctuary and less of a source of stresss.
For maximum effect, this book should be read (i) with a journal for taking copious notes and addressing the life issues that are discussed in each chapter and (ii) with AT LEAST one other person.
I'm a big believer in the principle that you get what you expect out of life, so I strongly encourage all readers of this book to expect to be changed dramatically, and for the better.
Most recent customer reviews
I love this book. I tried to read it straight through, but Dr.Read more