Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,007 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,096 reviews
on May 8, 2017
Personally, I think it's fantastic tape. I don't claim to be some sort of tape connoisseur, but I definitely have a foolproof way to tell when tape is really good. I have fairly long hair and the tape I've been using, I don't really have to put my hair up because it gets on the tape, it comes right off. I purchased 10 rolls of the stuff so I've had it forever and was very use to it. When I got this tape and started using it, it literally attacked my hair. I had to cut the tape off the roll and pull my hair off. Some strands didn't come off so easily and if the tape folded in the process of me trying to get it off, the strand didn't come off at all. This is really sticky, thick, high quality tape!

Some of the packages in the review pictures don't seem to be taped very well. Any tape has to be affixed firmly to stay in place. And using a bunch of it haphazardly all over the box is not going to make it any better.

I highly recommend this tape and 6 packs of the 43 for ten bucks is a fantastic deal!!
on February 25, 2013
I have been buying this tape based on the reviews and my own personal experience and success with this tape.

For those who don''t know the difference, Good Packing tape needs to be thick, real sticky, and won't tear. Being quiet to un-roll is nice too.

Last week I realized I forgot to buy more of this HP260, and made a trip to Office Depot to try some "High-Quality" shipping tape they have, just to get me through the week.

Worst mistake I could have made. I guess I'm spoiled with this awesome Duck Brand tape, but I might as well throw the Scotch stuff away. With this Scotch tape from the store I have to double tape everything, it tears from the roll instead of cutting, it's so thin it feels like it will break, and it makes an awful screeching sound if you pull it too hard; even though it was advertized as 'low-noise'. I paid quite a bit more for this tape since it was at a "brick and mortar" store.

I guess you don't know how great something is until you have to live without it. I was just placing my order for 8 more rolls, only stopping to make this review!

Conclusion: Don't trust any other tape with your shipping needs!
on January 26, 2016
A five star rating is because you pay a tad more for a "name" brand, and you get a quality product. That is what I can say about this tape. It has met all my expectations. It is tough, durable and has great tensile strength. It is crystal clear with no clouding. I was hesitate to order a more expensive brand but after quite a few attempts at the lower cost tapes, and them being sent from various vendors and various manufacturers from the same page here on Amazon, I had to go with something better. The quality of tape I was getting varied, was never the same brand, and simply would not hold up.

I ship commercially and this is the tape I now use and highly recommend this tape for those with shipping needs.
on March 28, 2017
On September 8th, 2011 I ordered a Duck Brand HP260 High Performance 3.1 Mil Packaging Tape, 1.88-Inch x 60-Yard, Crystal Clear, 8-Pack (1067839).  As I've mentioned before I used to have my own business reselling products on Amazon.  Up until this point I fulfilled all my orders, once I tried FBA I never went back (well I'd continue to ship a few items from time to time).  Utilizing FBA allowed me to be more flexible with the time I needed to invest in my business.  Weekly I would send out about a dozen packages via UPS to Amazon.  I've tried many different tapes and I would never trust my valuable products to any packing tape, it had to be the highest quality to ensure it held up.  This tape did just that.  It was always easy to use on a tape gun, always easy to peel, never splitting down the middle as cheaper / thinner tapes will do.  Although this product is a little more expensive overall it was dependable and saved time & frustration.  I will never use another brand.
Seller: Amazon LLC
Condition: New
Purchase price: $22.89 (Shipped)
on December 12, 2016
This is definitely stronger than the Duck HD clear tape. The tape itself seems to have a stronger adhesive and seems much stronger when you put pressure on it. By the way I bought this for 18.98 but if you order through Alexa it's 30% off (which is insane) so checkout Alexa deals before you buy.

Compare this to the 6 pack HD clear tape (currently 11.29) we can do some math. The HD clear is 6 packs of 54.6 yard tape (total length 327.6 yards) while high performance is 8 packs of 60 yard tape (total length 480 yards). Dividing price by total length gives price per yard. Multiplying the price per yard of the high performance tape with the total length of the HD Clear (so this is as if you're buying 6 packs x54.6 yards of high performance tape), the cost would be $12.95 vs $11.29. So really you're paying $1.66 more for much better tape per every 6 pack.

It's well worth it.

I like to create custom boxes too. Like sometimes I have really long items to ship that aren't very wide. I don't have any boxes that fit so I cut up one box and tape it several times to make sure it doesn't come apart. The high performance tape makes a stable sturdy custom box with much less tape. If it can hold together a makeshift box like that, it has no problem securing regular boxes for shipping or moving.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 12, 2017
Usually I purchase the Heavy Duty Scotch tape. Never really ventured off from using Scotch. But, then I came across this tape and read the reviews and thought I would give it a try. I not only use this tape for shipping but also for taping placecards onto storage totes that are exposed to many elements. I needed heavy duty tape to withstand anything. I will say this tape is better than the Heavy Duty Scotch tape and a fraction of the price. However, it is difficult to cut and tear, but that could be because of my handheld tape dispenser, not sure. Nonetheless, this is quality tape and I will be buying more as I have nearly run out of my first 8 rolls. This fits all types of dispensers as I had numerous sizes that I have collected from purchasing the Heavy Duty Scotch tape and this tape fits them all. So far the tape has held up beyond my expectations. If that changes I will update my review.
on October 24, 2015
Not all packaging tape is made the same!!
I recently moved and purchased 3M's packaging tape instead of Duck and regret my decision of going for the cheaper tape.
Since it was my first time using any type of packaging tape, I thought the loud sounds of the tape rolling off the roll was normal but it was so annoying so I decided to buy this tape instead.

Now I can tape my boxes with peace of mind since this tape only has a slight sound at the beginning but it's not even noticeable unless you try.
The tape is fairly strong and doesn't fray off into small strips and has great tack even when the package is chilled in the refrigerator.

However, I found that Duck's standard packaging tape is the quietest tape there is but is a lot thinner than this one.
on August 15, 2017
I will probably never again buy a different kind of tape. I'm packing for a big cross-country move and bought this 8-pack to hold me over through all my packing. Not only is it the most heavy duty packing tape I've worked with, but it's easy to work with and tears easily enough on a thrice-reused single use packing tape cutter. I have triple-taped most of my box bottoms but have absolutely no concern whatsoever about this tape giving out. Between this tape and my heavy duty Home Depot moving boxes, it'll be an indestructible move.
on March 16, 2016
Purchased directly from Amazon versus another merchant on Amazon. Received 8 rolls of 43.7 yards versus 8 rolls of 60 yards per the description in the listing and the picture. This is a difference of approximately 130.4 yards, which is over two 60 yard rolls.
on April 28, 2016
Great tape at a good price. This is my first time using the HP version of this tape, and I highly recommend this item for it's durability and value. The tape is nice and thick and comes off the roll clean without accidental tears. The tape also stick very very well to boxes even if they are a little bit dusty. Here in Florida it's hard to find good tape that stays stuck in our humid climate, but this stuff does the job perfectly! Plus, it comes in it's own dispenser, so you don't need to own a tape gun. If you do a lot of shipping, or are planning to move soon, this tape will exceed your expectations and ensure the job gets done without the frustration of dealing with cheapo tapes. 5 STARS!