BEFORE YOU COLOR: 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE
- Take the ALLERGY TEST.
- Do the STRAND TEST to determine your optimal coloring time.
- Read this entire instruction leaflet before you begin.
IMPORTANT: SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
HAIR COLORANTS CAN CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTIONS WHICH IN RARE INSTANCES CAN BE SEVERE. TATTOOS MAY INCREASE YOUR RISK OF ALLERGY, TO REDUCE YOUR RISK FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AT ALL IF:
- You have already experienced any reaction to coloring products.
- You have sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp.
- In these cases do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any haircolor product.
2. PERFORM A SKIN ALLERGY TEST 48 HOURS BEFORE EACH PRODUCT USE even if you have already used coloring products before
SKIN ALLERGY TEST INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE PERFORMED 48 HOURS BEFORE YOU COLOR YOUR HAIR.
You will need a cotton ball or swab, a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon.
NOTE: IF A RASH, REDNESS, BURNING OR ITCHING OCCURS YOU MAY BE ALLERGIC. STOP. YOU MUST NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.
- To open, unscrew the entire Color-blend Activator applicator bottle cap (2). (Don't tear off the tab.) Then unscrew the Color-blend Formula cap (1).
- Mix small, equal parts of Color-blend Formula (1) and Color-blend Activator ( 2 ) in a plastic bowl. (For Ultra Light Blonde #87, add 1 part of Color-blend Formula and 2 parts of Color-blend Activator.)
- Tightly recap both bottles.
- Apply mixture to a test area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow. Allow to dry. Use remaining mixture for the Strand Test. Do not wash this area for 48 hours. During washing, protect with an adhesive bandage and remove it immediately after washing.
- Examine the test area during the next 48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you are ready to color. The absence of reaction to this test is no guarantee that an allergic reaction may not occur as a result of a future haircoloring process. However, this test represents an important precaution. Please consult a doctor if you have any doubts.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A REACTION DURING OR WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS OF COLORING YOUR HAIR IF DURING COLORING YOU EXPERIENCE:
- Any stinging or burning and/or rash, rinse immediately and discontinue use as this may be an indication of a more serious reaction. DO NOT color your hair again before consulting a doctor or seeking medical advice.
- Rapidly spreading skin rash, dizziness or faintness, shortness of breath and/or swelling eyes/face, rinse immediately and SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION. IF AFTER COLORING OR ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS YOU EXPERIENCE problems, such as skin itching, skin rash, swelling to eyes/face, blistering and/or skin or scalp weeping SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION.
Keep all haircoloring products out of reach of children.
- This product contains ingredients including hydrogen peroxide, which may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. If any product gets into your eye, flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- We recommend removing contact lenses before applying haircolor. If you must wear contact lenses during application and if any product gets into your eye, remove the lens first, then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Never use haircolor on eyebrows or eyelashes or if your scalp is irritated or injured.
- Do not inhale or ingest product.
- Do not use if your hair has been colored with henna or metal dyes.
- Prepare and use the product in a well-ventilated area. If you experience inhalation difficulties, move to fresh air.
- Remove all metal objects from hair before and during coloring.
- Wear gloves and rinse hair well after application.
- Keep product in a cool place away from heat and light. Do not mix this colorant with any other product. Do not keep any unused mixed product. Do not leave the mixture in a closed bottle (bottle may expand or burst).
- Product not intended to be used on children.
Do the Strand Test each time you color to determine optimal timing and color results. Perms, relaxers, previous color, and the sun can affect your results and timing.
You will need: scissors, tape and a clock.
- Cut a ¼ inch wide strand from the darkest or grayest part of your dry hair close to the scalp and tape at the cut end. Dampen with water.
- Completely cover the hair strand with the mixture remaining from the Allergy Test. Start timing.
- After 15 minutes, check the strand. If the strand is not the color you want, return it to the mixture for up to 25 minutes. For extra light blonding, more intense color results, or to cover resistant grays, it may be necessary to leave the haircolor on for up to 45 minutes.
Fill in your personal color time below: My timing for desired color: _______ minutes.