|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.2 x 3.8 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||80050|
|Manufacturer Part Number||80050|
|OEM Part Number||PMT80050|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Permatex 80050 Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant, 3 oz.
|Price:||$5.72 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clear rtv silicone adhesive sealant
- Ready to use
- This product is manufactured in china
- Seals, bonds, repairs, and secures glass, metal, plastic, fabric, vinyl, weather stripping and vinyl tops
- Protects and repairs electrical wiring
- May be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Resists oil, water, vibration, grease and weather, with a temperature range of -75F to 400F
- Suggested Applications: windshields, door frames, electrical connections, seams and roofs, vinyl tops
Save 15% when you subscribe to regular deliveries of this item. Save 15% on your entire delivery when you subscribe to 5 or more items that arrive in the same month. No commitments, no obligations, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Permatex. Always right on the job.
The Permatex promise is a simple one. We help you do it right, the first time.
It's a commitment our customers can always expect from our brand. In order to deliver on our promise, we help you do it when it needs to be done. Whether you're tackling a project at work, solving a problem at home, or trying to win on the track, Permatex is always by your side. Working with you and for you, wherever and whenever you need it.
Permatex is a leading manufacturer of premium chemical products for automotive, home, and hardware.
We offer a wide range of adhesives, sealants, gasket makers, threadlockers, hand cleaners, lubricants, cleaners, repair kits, and specialty repair products. Permatex now has over 350 products making over 1,000 SKUs, providing market-specific formulations and application methods for a variety of industries, including automotive, marine, motorcycle, heavy duty, and off highway.
Behind these products is the understanding that your needs are our primary concern. Our resources and people are organized to satisfy those needs. We are also constantly working with automakers, parts suppliers, service parts groups, and other aftermarket companies to develop the next generation of service technology.
Our market-driven mentality makes us a leading edge supplier of innovative products and services.
That's why Permatex is the one-stop automotive maintenance and repair solution center for the Professional and Do-It-Yourselfer.
- Innovation through research and development
- Leader in innovative products since 1909
- Operates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the UK
- Exports products to more than 85 countries around the world
- Brands: Permatex, the Right Stuff, Fast Orange, Spray Nine, Versachem, and Devcon
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The silicone itself starts out as a smelly, sticky material but once exposed to the air it forms into a clear rubbery plasticine that's super easy to peel off and rarely damages the surface it was placed on (I've used it on bike 'tins' and the clear coat has not been damaged once on removal).
Don't think of this like you would traditional glue. It's a water-proof rubbery sealant that does start out glue-like but when set the adhesiveness only remains when it was attached to the surfaces. At anytime in the future you can quite easily separate the two objects and remove the silicone by merely peeling it off them, so while it can be used to hold two things together it's not intended to be a permanent adhesion. Being water proof it's perfect for plumbing and exterior seals too.
I've used the Permatex clear RTV for many years and as long as you know what to expect it works perfectly every time.
I first bought it to use on my valve cover for my old Ford escort, worked great. I then used it on the water pump (no gasket used, i just smeared this stuff around the thermostat housing) never had a leak. I noticed when it dries, it dries hard but a tad flexible. I kept having my rear view mirror fall off my windshield, after trying that exposy for it, I thought, let me try this Permaatex "Gasket maker" so I put a dab on the mirror and had it tapped to the windshield via duck tape. Day later, I removed the duck tape and that mirror has never came down since!
I have this key chain that has a small deer in a glass cube, it came apart from the chain, I glued that....amazing bond!
I had a small leak from my transmission hose that goes to radiator in my 99 Volvo, not a huge leak, but a constant mslal leak, smeared permatex all around the hose....all dry since then!
Glass to metal, metal to metal, metal to plastic, this stuff is amazing!
It's way better than super glue or any glue. It bonds great and holds strong!
I use this on anything that I need to have something glued to.
By the way: After use, I remove the nozzle, and close the tube TIGHTLY. I let the RTV sealant dry in the nozzle, and then I can pop it right out.
I will use it in the future for working on the car to make gaskets, GREAT stuff.
1) not good for several uses, since once you remove the applicator tip and put the cap back on, there is some silicone left in the applicator tip that is impossible to get out, so even if you use it again you'll have to do without the long applicator tip
2) the tube itself is very thin obviously, it ripped apart and formed a smallish hole even though i wasn't applying more pressure than is needed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pro: you don't have to buy a full size silicone to do a minor repair.
Con: if the surface you want to cover exceeds few feet, think twice. Read more
Has a higher thermal range that many and was my reason for purchase. Seems to work well. Used to reapply some foam seals in appliances and HVAC stuff.Published 26 days ago by Chase