Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 349 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 388 reviews
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2014
4.5 stars.
Six months ago we gave up coffee and now we hardly miss it. We tried "Roma" and we're really impressed, and then ordered Cafix and Pero. In the final analysis, I think I have to go with what another reviewer wrote - they're all so similar that you might just want to go with whichever is cheapest at the time.

The main difference is that Pero comes in a very lightweight container and is in a powder form. Roma and Cafix come in a heavier traditional coffee jar and are in crystal form. Is there any difference between powder and crystal? In taste, no. I think you can get by with a little less of the powder than the crystals... in fact, the crystals report 100 servings per jar, and perl powder reports 133 servings so that's kind of a big deal. The powder doesn't mix as well in warm water, but you probably don't drink it that way anyway. In hot water it mixes just as well.

So try 'em all, but if I had to order again, of the three, Pero would likely be what went into my shopping cart. Just as good, with more yield. Unless you think the jar is worth the extra cost, try this.

UPDATE:
We did an actual side-by-side comparison of three coffee substitutes that we found on Amazon.
Although I'm happy with all of them, if pressed to pick an order, it would be:
1. Cafix crystals - very neutral in flavor
2. Pero powder - perhaps a little richer - hint of grain flavor
3. Roma crystals - a little more 'grain' flavor
on August 28, 2017
I have a hard time drinking coffee without this unless it's a latte. I am so spoiled. I put a tablespoon in each cup of coffee before I pour the coffee in the mug and it makes it so yummy and frothy. So boring without it. I figure it also adds nutrition to my coffee. Probably helps to not spike blood sugar, I'm just guessing.
on June 6, 2017
My doctor took me off coffee so I tried this product. No, it does not taste like coffee, but it is a complex roasted flavor that is pleasant to drink. It is also made of grains that are good for you along with no caffeine.
on January 22, 2015
I grew up in a religion that didnt condone caffeine and I have since strayed from the church drinking caffeine especially coffee. Although this drink has a similarity in taste of coffee it just doesn't taste satisfy. You have to put more the recommended to remotely taste of faint coffee.
on April 13, 2015
I was drinking about ten cups of coffee a day when I decided to give it up. Based on reviews, I decided to try Pero. I must say, it is a coffee substitute and I did not enjoy it at all. I used about half of the container trying to develop a taste for for it before giving up. I switched to having a cup of hot tea.
on June 15, 2016
I recently had to eliminate all caffeine from my life. I remembered Pero from my days working in a health food store in another lifetime. It had been one of our best sellers more than 30 years ago. I couldn't find it locally so turned to Amazon...and yep, here it is. I'm so happy with it. I usually drink one hot and one iced with a splash of vanilla soy milk each day. If you're looking for the taste of coffee, you won't enjoy what it is. It's something else...a different flavor. But I no longer feel deprived and look forward to my daily treats...plus I can drink it any time -- even after dinner -- without worrying I'll be wide awake in the wee hours. Great purchase. Love the big container. Highly recommend -- unless you're really hungering for a coffee-flavored substance (Is there really ANYTHING that successfully mimics coffee for a true aficionado? I'd say no.) But if you're looking for something without caffeine that's something else, give this a try.
on March 4, 2015
Tastes delicious but highly acidic. After a week of drinking this 2 to 3 times a day (that's how good it is) my pH tanked! Then I looked up the acidity of this beverage and found out it's a 4. If stuff like this matters to you, then you'll have to alkalize the drink itself (with drops) or eat more alkalizing foods.
on February 29, 2016
It's the first time I've tried any of these products. Some have said the brands are pretty much the same so pick the least expensive. That's where I started. I like Pero. I may try another several to see the differences. I would recommend this one as good. Not rated 5-stars because nothing to compare it with yet.
on January 29, 2017
Yummy hands down the best coffee alternative I have tried and I am a heavy coffee drinker!!! My little ones have this in the mornings so they can drink coffee with mama:) fix it with just milk added and they drink it right up!
on January 8, 2017
Have been trying coffee substitutes, this is pretty good. I sweeten with pure stevia, add coconut oil, then whip with a coffee whipping little battery operated machine I bought from Amazon. The coconut oil really improves the taste 100%

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.