Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on November 1, 2014
So far I love this book!! I really wanted to find an authentic Persian cookbook and this one passed the "Persian mother in-law test"! I am not Persian but happen to be with a Persian man who loves his Persian food, so I decided to look for a quality cookbook and I found it! A lot of the recipes are easy to follow and I love that they display the English name for the dish as well as the name of the dish written in Farsi (especially since I am attemtping to learn Farsi!).
on August 1, 2010
I am an Iranian girl who moved to California when I was 13yrs. old. I learned how to cook Persian cooking through my lovely mother who's cooking was quiet famous among our friends. The only problem was that my mother was such a perfectionist that she always kick me out of the kitchen fearing I will ruin her cooking. I was smart enough to watch her and observed the process. When I got married and started my own family I was interested to cooked Persian dishes trying to mimic from what I have remembered from my mom; But there was always something missing and it did not taste perfect like my mom's. Unfortunately I lived far away from my mother and I would call her and ask for recipes on the phone and my old fashioned mother never was about measuring things. She always told me a little of this and handful of that and when I ask how much exactly it was very confusing. Until I spotted this book and I was so anxious to try out the recipes and I was really happy with the results. the recipes are very authentic and great tasting so now I producing much better tasting Persian dishes than before and family is impressed. My food actually taste as good as my mom's if not better. I like the pictures on the cover those are all my favorite foods. The recipes are very accurate and easy to follow. this is perfect and a must have cook book for any Iranian girl who enjoys cooking Persian food for their family and friends.
on January 7, 2010
I purchased 3 copies of this wonderful book ... one for each of my sons and one for me! Whether you are of Persian decent, have lived in Persia, or simply have a love of cultural diversity and delicious food - this is a "must have" book. I had the previous version of this book and was delighted to find that the author had a new, updated version. The recipes are the healthist you'll find and so delicious! The information about Persian holidays are a delight ... very concise. I enjoyed the addition of the wine chapter. I have recommended this book to friends and will continue to do so! Thank you very much for taking the time to create such a fabulous book!
on February 20, 2017
If you want a comprehensive, complete, leaves nothing out book of Persian recipes, this is it. Every recipe is accurate and produces an authentic result. Highly recommend this book.
on February 2, 2013
Absolutely fabulous! I am an Iranian-American, who for the longest time wanted to learn how to make the dishes my parents made me when I was child. I searched Amazon up and down for a Persian cookbook and this book caught my eye. I was a little hesitant when I ordered it, but now I am so glad I did. I have made multiple dishes from it and they have all turned out delicious! The cookbook has all the classic Persian dishes and several I had never heard of. It is a treat for the eyes too. It has gorgeous full color photos throughout the book. I am so glad I got it! You won't be disappointed!
on December 1, 2011
As someone who has eaten Persian food, but never cooked it, I'd say this is a great book. I'd rank it suitable for the beginning to intermediate level cook, with tons of recipes and clear instructions.

The photographs are generally good and though I like photographs on every page, with every recipe, I can see that this would be impossible, given that sheer number of recipes in this book.

A pleasant surprise which this book reveals is that Persian cooking usually requires only a few ingredients for each recipe. If you've ever tried your hand at Indian cooking, only to be overwhelmed by a long list of ingredients, you'll be pleased by these Persian recipes. I'd say 98% of the recipes make use of commonly available ingredients at any supermarket, and I imagine the rest would be available if you happen to live close to a Middle Eastern grocer.

I thought of buying Food of Life as well, given that books high ratings, but I got the feeling that book was for the more advanced cook, a tour de force of Persian cooking, while this book is more suitable for the home cook. In any case, I'm not intimidated by this book and these recipes and I'm confident I'll find it useful.
on March 16, 2017
Love this book...ordered it for my daughter in laws to cook for my sons!
on July 5, 2014
We had both books which comprised the original edition, but had misplaced them over the years. We are delighted to replace them with this new version. I do miss the novelty of the recipes being presented in English and Farsi.
on May 7, 2014
I have so far only cooked the recipes I loved most growing up. They stack up well to what my mother and grandmother cooked. I'm very pleased with this book, especially with the diversity of Persian cuisine that it offers. Virtually every recipe is included. I especially like the many varieties they offer on the popular dishes like fesenjan. I highly recommend this book. My growing waiste line may serve as a caveat that this book is perhaps too good.
on July 8, 2014
Wonderful source of Persian recipes well presented with great straightforward instructions on how to achieve authentic results with ingredients readily available. Definitely a 5 Star cookbook and relatively rare in terms of most cookbooks featuring ethnic cuisine. Not a coffee table cookbook but one you can actually cook from I highly recommend it.