Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Persona 4 Golden - PlayStation Vita
Format: Video Game|Change

on September 27, 2016
I'm really new with the Persona universe. I've heard good things about this and I was recommended to try it because I love JRPG games. When I first tried the game, I was hooked. I couldn't stop playing this game. The game is awesome. The graphics, the music, the battle system, the gameplay and the story. Everything about this game is perfect. If you are a JRPG fan like me, I would definitely check this game out. I have a blast playing this game. I've probably spend over 50+ hours of playing the game. It's just that good. I can't stress enough to recommend this game and definitely a must have title for the PSVita. Two Thumbs Up
on May 7, 2016
Persona 4 is a cross between a high school sim and a dungeon crawler RPG. Arriving as a new student, our hero must make his way through high school, meeting new people, joining clubs, and solving a murder mystery that involves a hidden world full of dungeons to navigate and monsters to fight. Fortunately you've got your loyal band of friends to help you out.

Fun, likeable characters, a positive tone, good music and sharp art make this a very enjoyable experience all around.
on August 15, 2016
Excellent game, one of my favorite of the series. Long enjoyable story with twist and turns, decent gameplay in a familar style, great characters to interact with in the nice countryside town of Inaba. Music is so good you'll be singing the tunes in your head when you're done playing wanting to go back as soon as you can. Very enjoyable game that can easily yield you two playthroughs and high replayability. Get it now!
on January 29, 2015
This is my first Persona game and also my first Shin Megami Tensei game. I'm like 15 hours in to this game now, and even though that's not super far, I can already tell that this is gonna be one of my favorite games of all time. The characters are all really great, with really interesting back stories (although I'm a little disappointed in Kanji's and Naoto's....they're not bad, but it felt like it should've gone in a much different direction, but the writers took a cop-outs for both of them. Understandable, since there's still such a stigma around being gay in Japan, but a little disappointing nonetheless). There is also SO MUCH TO DO in this game. Not gonna lie, I was really overwhelmed for about the first 5 hours with how many options I had. You can join clubs, go on dates, hang out with friends, get jobs, read books, study, etcetera etcetera. The battle system is also really interesting, and the dungeons are really cool. As a long time JRPG fan, I have the little things that I'm nit-picky about, but personal preference aside, I can't find anything wrong with this game.
It has a compelling story that gets you in pretty quick. It's not very linear at all. There's plenty to do all the time. The replay value is absurd.
Yeah, it's pretty freaking amazing. Just buy it, you won't regret it.
on November 11, 2017
Possibly one of my favorite games ever!! 10/10. A must have for any rpg fan. Gameplay is fun, graphics top notch for games at the time. Soundtrack is snazzy and exciting, characters are lovable and the story is amazing. Many different activities and possibilities in the game for you to explore. Excellent replay value, new things to be discovered/accomplished in new game+. Don't sleep on this game!!
on January 28, 2015
So I only heard about how good and famous this game was I thought it was crap honestly never looked anything up for it ether. So on my android I went to go get persona 1 loved it actually so far as what I did in it. Then I wanted to get the rest of the games so I did. I got this game I was amazed how the story and characters were. Got into combat on hard got messed up by the first boss. Was like a little to hard on hard mode. Then when you get to social linking that's when I was like this is coo . Unlike most games that don't allow you to hang out with your ais ya I'm talking about you final fantasy. Every thing is great about this game honestly it needs a sequel no not another different persona game like persona 5 a persona 4.5 when the main character moves to inaba. And you should be able to get married and have a kid around a three year plot which honestly people I'm sure want but have the persona 3 and 4 know each other. Yes ik persona q has that but it was a kiddy version to me and the relationship route doesn't seem that good. My fv characters were naoto Teddie nanako and kanji. The fighting style is pretty simple and fun. PS naoto best girl not chie
This Game is a masterpiece classic, from the amazing story that contains (psychology, philosophy, etc.) and grateful gameplay with sometime tedious mechanics for learn on how to use it, this game is flawless. I easily recommend this game to anyone that like RPG'S, this comes from a skeptic who wasn’t sold on the franchise but is now a fanatic. This is the best game on Vita with an amazing score. The only problem that I have with the game is the silent Protagonist he is voiced in Arena and the Animation but is an annoying mute throughout the entire game, expect when he yells PERSONA in combat. But that is a minor complaint and does not detract from the experience a must buy for all vita owners and all RPG lovers.
on June 5, 2015
This title offers a lot for the price tag, and the portability of it is all the more convenient. First off, the world and characters are all beautifully designed and written; the amount of player choice in the game (albeit later on after you fight Chie's shadow) is staggering; and the story is incredibly engrossing from the beginning to the end. The combat is simple enough for anyone to understand and it's very satisfying to knock down your enemies then go in for a closing attack.

However, the game is riddled with random trivia questions that you can only get a benefit from by picking the correct answer. Also, despite the fact that the overall combat system is well polished and fun, it gets boring as randomly generated dungeons vastly overstay their welcomes. In addition, the dungeon themes also get boring because each floor uses the exact same palette, making every floor look identical. Each dungeon has about 10 floors, and each floor takes about 10 minutes, give or take, so it takes about an hour and a half to complete one dungeon. It becomes even more tedious when you're grinding for quest items and experience.

Also, because the game is so vast, it's hard to be efficient on your first play through without a guide. That, I feel, takes away some of the fun of the game. Because the game is so long, some people may not want to start a new game plus to get the good ending if they didn't get it the first time around, and the conditions to get the good ending are not readily apparent. Because there are so many stats and social links to develop, it's near impossible to blindly see everything the first time around.

The social link system is amazing, but it doesn't affect dialogue during the main story at all, which is disappointing. Regardless, the social interactions you can have with people are extensive and add a lot to the game by developing the many characters that you befriend. Your character, on the other hand, is a silent protagonist, which I think takes away some immersion.

All in all, the game is like a flawed diamond. It's incredibly fun, extensive, and full of life, but it has its problems that keep it from being perfect.
on June 2, 2016
Let's face it ... the PS2 is pretty oldschool right about now.

And while the Vita may be on its last legs, it's still an amazing and ridiculously underrated handheld.

P4 Golden takes the original game and adds an additional scenario, as well as some new music and other assets. Beyond that, it's Persona 4, which is one of the best RPGs of yester-decade.

Absolutely worth it.
on August 17, 2013
If you are hyper-sensitive to a game's immersion, like I am, then you're probably a little concerned that the high-school plot may be a deal breaker. I thought so too. I play mature story-driven games, with adult protagonists. There was a time when I would really appreciate a high-school aged hero to role play with, but I'm picky now as my taste for games has out-grown most of what is available these days. With that said, I'm also very sensitive to plot-holes, lazy writing and poor emphasis on character development. Pretty much everything you would expect in a Japanese RPG, thanks mostly to sub-par translations into English. Sound like you? Read on.

When I took the chance with this game, I didn't do-so lightly. I scoured all four corners of the internet looking for advice on whether or not this game would be for me. I found that the majority of the die-hard Persona fans were about my age (28). Plugging the game into my Vita I kept my expectations low. At this point I was anticipating a game that I would put away as soon as I found the aforementioned flaws in an otherwise typical Japanese to English RPG starring some kid from high-school. As you can imagine, I was uncontrollably looking for any excuse to hate it. I was delightfully surprised!

The game is Japanese, no doubt about it, but the English and the voice acting are the first traits that caught my impressed attention. They are absolutely, unquestionably some of the best I have ever experienced in any game of any developer. The talent that went into the characters is a milestone in game development, the bar has really been raised not only for portable systems but in games in general. Being immersed in their lives would be easy, I thought. I still wasn't convinced, however, that the high-school atmosphere was going to pull me in.

The high-school thing, thankfully, made more sense as I played on. I guess the developers could have used college as a setting, but it wouldn't really fit. I came to understand that the high-school environment serves to help direct the game through a teacher's regular disciplining of students, to the diligence necessary in attending classes, extra curricular activities and otherwise on a very set schedule. That schedule, the piloting of the narrative and plot requires this type of control over the player, so I not only understand the high-school setting, but I have come to appreciate it. Everything in this game is connected entirely. From the people you meet and interact with, the side jobs you take on to the all-out action of combat in the masterfully built dungeons. It all fits in some way, and it all matters. Needless to say, I can't think of any other way to include all of these things while maintaining a natural progression.

I also want to note that this game is created with a mature audience in mind. There is profanity, subtle sexual innuendos and typical JRPG violence. There are events that take place which require a mature understanding of things. The game is challenging and appropriately designed with adults in mind, trust me. If you were concerned before about this game not being for adults, you were mistaken; buy the game and see for yourself why some claim this to be one of the best games ever made.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.