Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 81-90 of 230 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 290 reviews
on December 10, 2013
Easiest piece of hardward I've ever installed & configured. I've worked with network storage drives at work for years, and now I have one at home. I can access it from any internet enabled computer, my Android phone, and my iPad. The WD app (both platforms) also connects me to the most popular cloud services along with my NAS drive.

I researched my options quite thoroughly, and am very pleased with my choice.
on July 30, 2014
While not a dedicated NAS, this little thing does the job in a home setting very nicely. The DNLA is NOT 'Twonky' anymore and works with everything EXCEPT for some Microsoft stuff, like the XBox, which doesnt recognize it due to MS's stupid 'security'. There is a way around this, however, buy adding a line or two of code. Works great through a PC though.

Do yourself a favor though and hook it up via Gigabit and turn off 'sleep' for faster speeds...
on June 18, 2014
This product does what exactly it says it will do. Thus why I only gave it 3 stars. However, the network card that's built-in on this must be of the lower quality, because my transfer speed into the NAS was sooooo slow. I normally average about 30-40mb/s transfer rates, but with this one, I averaged around 9-10 mb/s. It doesn't affect the DLNA playability of the device, but it does mean I am spending 6 days copying over a few TB of data as opposed to two or three.
on April 18, 2013
slow, copy files to it, speed about 7MB/s, use WD TV play to get picture display on TV, every picture takes 40 secs to load! I tried Buffallo's NAS, speed also slow, like about 8~9MB/s, but use WD TV play it very well, but Buffalo has its own issue, so I returned both to get a better NAS, Synology's DS713+, cost a lot more, but let's see what happen then
Afterall, WD My Book Live Duo is a must not have item
on June 21, 2012
I bougth this product because I have the WD MyBook World Edition 2Tb White with Blue Ring (firts of this product line).
I have to say that the older model was very nice. I had it in my room because it didn't make noise (no fan). I never had problem with it.

The new models is noisy. The fan is often working.
Also it reboots every 5 or 6 hours without a reason. (I'm waiting for a answer from WDC).
The case was better finished in the old model (better quality materials).

If you liked old model, don't think this is the same.
on December 23, 2012
I purchased the WD My Book Live Duo to replace a 10 year old Linux server that was primarily used as a SMB based media hub for centralizing the families music collection on our home Apple computer based WiFi network. The Duo has served that purpose perfectly.

The Duo was trivial to setup as a mirrored (reducing storage to 2TB) and network available drive which is mounted by each person's computer. Combined with a separate drive for incremental backups I am confident that our digital content is secure and safe from hard drive failure.

+1 for recommending this device.
on November 1, 2015
The drive failed an now I am having all kinds of trouble trying g to get my data off. I had it set up as mirrored drives, thinking that would give me some protection against failure but if I cannot get the device to boot up and can't read the contained drives with my Windows machine, what good is the mirrored drive?
on January 25, 2013
Pros:
3 or 6TB depending on how important you think your files are for backup
Easy install as long as you can follow basic directions, however there was one instruction in the manual that was missing a step. I had to search for the answer online. The instructions failed to mention that you had to click on the drive first which enables the option I wanted to become selectable.

Cons:
Enabling/configuring the WD2Go software to connect to the drive from outside of your home network needs to be easier for the masses.
Price could be lower
on March 23, 2013
I should have done this a long time ago. Great network storage that also allows me to back up my workstations and laptop with ease. I also really appreciate the ability to access the personal cloud anywhere my laptop or smartphone has Internet connectivity. Very easy to set up. I look forward to learning all the features and capabilities of this great consumer product. I would recommend it highly to anyone looking to set up or use on a home network.
on February 1, 2014
Reading the revews here i got scared! But finally the price convinced me to give it a try!
Guess what! It is a PERFECT NAS for the money that it costs! !
Maybe iam lucky BUT i did not Use any software to install it! ! I just pluged it in, hit the web admin page and all was easy as drinking a glass of water! ! !
Its PERFECT. Iam happy having it because it does exactly what it promises.
And , NO ! Iam NOT working for W.D. ! ! ! ! :-D