Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on August 19, 2016
This is a very good book. It has made me think so much about myself and others. It was fun to read. I think I am melancholy phlegmatic. I am melancholy because, I want everything to be good and my way. I am phlegmatic because it is hard to work and it is hard to control my feelings. I know it has help me because, I can find my weaknesses and get better. I know it can help you like it did me.

~ Elizabeth (9 years old)
on May 3, 2017
EVERY parent should have this. It is like bedside parent manual. So helpful without being boxed in. Meaning, most personality driven books fit only certain people and everyone is boxed in. Not so with this book. I love it and I rejoiced and wept at seeing how to better, more equipped, parent to each individual child. I only wish I had it sooner, but I have a 20, 18, 16, and 14 year olds and can see the effects of implementing this already!
on August 31, 2013
This book is so incredibly helpful in understanding your child(ren).
Great information for smoothing out any hostilities between parents and their children. It has the personality plus 'test' for the parents, then great descriptions for the 4 types by age stage (baby, child, teen, adult).
I was easily able to figure out what combo of the 2 personality types my daughter is - sanguine and choleric. We now know why my daughter and I but heads constantly - I am a melancholy & she is the polar opposite of me. The book also gives very helpful ways to parent your children with each of their distinct personalities that might be opposite of you. Great book. I bought the kindle version.
on July 22, 2017
It's a vital part of every parent's library. It teaches parents why their child does the things he or she does.
on December 15, 2014
A companion book to "Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself", this edition for parents takes it a step further by helping us understand how early a child's personality begins to take shape. I wish I had this knowledge when rearing my own children; I read it with my grandkids in mind, observing that their unique personalities were already in evidence even at the time of birth. Although it is very similar in content to Littauer's previous work, I feel both books are well worth reading and highly recommended.
on October 26, 2009
I have felt so guilty about having certain feelings about one of my children. I felt all alone in this and was praying about it. The next morning I found this book on-line and ordered it. I know God led me to it. This is a terrific book and will help you in all your relationships and made me feel so much better about my bad feelings that I had. Not to justify them, but to help me understand that so many others have the same challenges and that with the new knowledge that I had, I can stop fighting the feelings and work to change them. She is a great author and has another book out that I already had but didn't realize she wrote and it is called, " Come, now is the time to worship", to help people realize there is no right way to worship God and that based on our personalities, we will have a natural desire to seek Him in many different ways. This will help to stop the guilt that others may put on you if you don't follow a certain protocal of spending time with God. LOVED both of her books!
I've been intrigued with understanding the four temperaments since I read Personality Plus At Work. I have applied my understanding in every relationship. This book, Personality Plus for Parents: Understanding What Makes Your Child Tick is one I wish i'd read years ago. It would have saved me a lot of headaches. I am a Melancholy/Choleric mother with a Phlegmatic/Sanguine daughter who I completely did not understand. Now I do and life in my house has been 200% better. Thank you Florence for your wisdom and sharing that wisdom with those who truly want to learn how to better their relationships.
on April 29, 2016
This is the second book I've read on personalities and by far the most helpful! Having a phlegmatic first born child did not prepare me for the choleric little brother to follow. This book makes it all make sense.
on October 10, 2014
I love the book! It was written in a way that is very easy to understand and very entertaining to read. The author used many actual stories to communicate her points and for me they are very very effective

I have four children with different personalities and after reading the book, I understand my children better. I am actually telling my friends to get a copy too because I find the book very helpful and informative. :)
on March 1, 2014
I began reading this book because a friend referred it to me. I found I could apply the concepts that moment with my kids. The examples used between parent and child are spot on.
EXCELLENT PARENTING BOOK

I guess the only things I wish for would be more examples on how to manage each personality type to bring out their best. There!! You can see the Melancholy pare t coming out. LOK