Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on September 19, 2014
With great humor and insight, the authors put a modern, fictionalized spin on truth that enhances the quality of one's life and relationships. This book expands upon but does not replace Florence Littauer's original work, "Personality Plus." It is worth much more than it's cost in saved work relationships! If you can only afford one, though, I recommend purchasing "Personality Plus." by Florence Littauer.

While the authors lack the appropriate PhD degrees, this book is not lacking in truth drawn from time-tested wisdom of scientists and scholars such as Hippocrates (460–370 BC), Persian polymath Avicenna (980–1037 AD), Nicholas Culpeper (1616–1654), Immanuel Kant (1724–1804), Rudolf Steiner (1861–1925), Alfred Adler (1879–1937), Erich Adickes (1866–1925), Eduard Spranger (1914), Ernst Kretschmer (1920), and Erich Fromm (1947). Hans Eysenck (1916–1997) was one of the first psychologists to analyze personality differences using a psycho-statistical method (factor analysis), and his research led him to believe that temperament is biologically based. His research conclusions were remarkably similar to the four ancient temperaments. Other modern personality testing systems, such as the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, use different names, but have a striking resemblance to the four temperaments.

When actually studied and applied, the principles work, not only in understanding self and others, but, more importantly, in promoting healthy, productive relationships. To me, the failure the of the University system to address the temperaments in my MA in Counseling Psychology degree program was a gaping hole in my education. I'm thrilled to have uncovered this wisdom!
on December 26, 2014
An enjoyable read and another reminder on how every personalities plays a different role. It's not about putting people into generic labels of Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy or Phlegmatic. The key is identifying what emotional language people in the work place speak so we can either learn to speak it fluently or get a translator ☺. For some reason I was quite drawn this time to the Phlegmatic strengths of being faithful, following instructions, seeking the easiest route to solve problems, patience, ability to listen to others before making big decisions. All personalities have strengths and weaknesses and the more we understand them, and ourselves, the more we can focus on our strengths and be aware of our weaknesses
on July 28, 2014
I work at a camper trailer factory, my job is final inspection and quality control ( and nobody likes an inspector) things got bad,me being a melancholy / phlegmatic (mostly melancholy ) nobody could do it good enough for me. After reading this book I got a better understanding on why some people do things the way they do. It has been a great help and things are going a lot smoother at work thanks to this book. I think everybody should read it!!.
on May 31, 2014
I have n't finished this book. I was impressed with her one of her other books. Believing sometimes personalities can be barriers to communicating with others. Knowing your own personality as well as others helps keeps harmony in relationships. Good book !
on June 23, 2016
Not a bad reworking of the personality differences and how to apply them in the workplace. Definitely worth knowing if you have staff or children
on September 30, 2013
Love this book-it's very insightful and helpful in many arenas, not just in the work place. I ordered several for a speech class last fall and gave a speech recommending it to anyone. It's a fast, easy and fun read.
on May 7, 2014
This should be required reading for anyone working with others. There are so many nuggets of wisdom that can be gleaned from this book!
on April 13, 2016
Enjoying this book and learning so much more about myself and the four personalities. The original Personality Plus book is also a must read!
on August 23, 2011
I heard Florence speak at a conference and previously read her book, Personality Plus, so I knew immediately that I wanted this one. I am almost finished with it and have enjoyed it tremendously, marking various parts with a highlighter that I want to share with my co-workers.

The order process was easy and the book was shipped and received promptly. I am totally satisfied with the book and the process. Thanks!
on December 16, 2014
Great book I've used in the past. Purchased to pass around the office. It's great to see my subordinates acknowledging each other's personality types and figuring out how to work with each other! Success! Thank you!