Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 11, 2015
I love cartooning. But I hate the technical side of drawing. A car? Outside of a house? A street lined with buildings? Yuck! But it's a must for good backgrounds even for cartoons. I always tensed up on that stuff and my brain immediately withdrew. Vanishing points and rulers and straight lines? Blah! But once I checked this book out and sat down and eased into it I instantly caught on and it's no big deal. Once you know the rules you just apply them as needed. It's still a little technical but man those backgrounds I'm finally comfortable with really add something and I'm proud of picking up new skills. You have to push yourself and your art. If you only draw what you're good at you won't grow as an artist.
6 people found this helpful
on February 22, 2015
In general a very straight forward book to have in order to learn perspective drawing. It gives step by step on how to execute different types of perspective (one point, two point, so on) as well as goes over on things such as how to create repeating windows in perspective or fences, so on. Not much to say other than it is a useful book for beginners first learning these types of concepts.

One issue I have is to beware of is that this listing unfortunately contains different versions of this book. I had purchased this used and got a much older version than the one showcased. The newer version has been changed and doesn't completely match the older versions (as they omitted, added, moved around certain pages), so beware when you are thinking about buying this.
6 people found this helpful
on December 29, 2016
This book on perspective offers a step by step method to learn about this important aspect of drawing. One if my classically trained instructors uses this book as a reference. She recommended having a copy in my art library. I'm going through the book lesson by lesson. So far so good.
One person found this helpful
on August 27, 2016
So far so good, I am only a student taking a class, you will have to look for real artistic types to judge the content. But it is written in plain language and useful illustration.
One person found this helpful
on August 7, 2015
A classic that was recommended by one of my art instructors. Gives all the detail and information needed to master this, but in a very user friendly way. The lessons go from very basic to complex, but the book is not so lengthy as to be overwhelming.
on August 20, 2017
Excellent !!!
on September 20, 2015
Short and to the point, makes perspective easy to understand and lots of images to help you understand and whatnot.
on April 2, 2016
Easy to follow instructions for beginners. I love this book.
on May 2, 2016
Probably one of the best books on Perspective we received it on time
on March 3, 2018
Quick shipping and very good quality book