- Hardcover: 230 pages
- Publisher: Meta Publications; 1 edition (May 1, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0916990362
- ISBN-13: 978-0916990367
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 6.5 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (49 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #669,430 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Persuasion Engineering 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
- He has very few lists of actions to do (he does list them in the back, but they are not tied into the main part of the book very well). That being said, make your own notes as that will likely be more effective anyway
- True, not really any typos, but that is the ambiguity he is trying to convey to the reader (and ultimately to your own ability to use ambiguity).
- He is being a bit outrageous, but that also is funny. It is a bit of a warped sense of humor, but I like it a lot. Should you really dress up as a priest to sell cars? No, but he is pushing the boundaries to show there really are no boundaries.
- Formal NLP training not required, but maybe a crash course in it would help, mostly with the vocabulary
Do you want to sell more and more and feel good and control how much you sell and at what prices?
Selling is way more simple than most gurus would have you believe. You don't need to find and dig for pain or use a million closing techniques all of that stuff is for idiots to buy from people who want to take so something simple and make it realllly hard. It's gross people struggling with these.
If you want steps to go with this...
Develop questions that will discover someone's model for buying your product.
List objections to inoculate against.
Practice ambiguities and embedding to increase your flexibility and close more people.
Now, come by Persuasion Engineering
With that said, of course this doesn't appeal to everyone, but it is a wonderful resource. A non-fiction book as funny as this doesn't come along everyday. In typical post-90's Bandler style, this one portrays him as a slightly neurotic and over-the-top character who really challenges you and motivates you to really get out there and "just do it." You may find him unlikable and disagreeable, but you love him anyways, and that's really the proof that what he discusses works on some level.
I disagree with all of the reviewers who say that this book is light on tips. There are at least seven decidedly unique strategies that you can use on your clients based on what was said in this book. Small things, yes, and some are very specific, but they're still in there to use.
I found Persuasion Engineering to be a wealth of information, not because of the methods he teaches (most of which are more than a little outrageous and probably not practical), but because of the way in which they are taught. I think that the point of the way that they taught this course was to go overboard in hopes that you would meet them halfway. And if you go just halfway, you'll really change the way you do your job.
Excellent. Get it.
Having been in sales for a few years, I already had a foundation. This course gave me both the intermediate and advanced knowledge that took my business to a much higher level. This book will not only teach you to persuade, it will also persuade you to do so with more confidence and power without asking you to do anything unethical. I have a much deeper understanding of language and communication know than ever before. Get this book and if you have the chance attend one of their seminars. It will be money well spent.