Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pet Shop Boys: Cubism in Concert
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

on July 25, 2007
All I can say is that Neil and Chris still have it going on even after twenty plus years. I saw them three times on the Fundamental tour and nothing gets me going more than the electricity and excitement of seeing the boys live. That is until I watched the Cubism DVD. Neil's vocals are just as vibrant as ever. This isn't just a concert DVD. It's a musical event with the backing vocals of Andy Love, Nic Clows and Ms. Sylvia Mason James. The choreography of Hakeem Onibudo and the fantastic dancers, Nathan Holliday and Ivan "Swan" Blackstock are cool. Those guys rock! And of course the show wouldn't have been complete without the man behind the curtain, Pete Gleadall.

The sound quality on this DVD is fantastic in the DTS 5.1 Surround Sound or Dolby 5.1 which puts you right in the middle of the audience. The letterbox video is crisp and sharp. This is by far the best Pet Shop Boys video or maybe the best live concert I have seen. The extras on the disc are interviews and commentary about the boys from the fans and also Neil and Chris.

The songs they chose were quite balanced among the years. There are songs featured from their Fundamental album as well as what I would call Pet Shop Boys standards. There isn't a bad tune or a bad performance of any song. They are still quite the entertainers.

This is one concert DVD you will want to watch over and over.

PS. Hi Neil! ;o)
on August 21, 2007
This DVD is amazing, I've seen and heard all PSB live DVDs and CDs and I think this is one of their best in terms of performance, track listing, arrangements. Here they are back to their classic synth pop trademark sound, very different from their "Concrete" live concert. Almost everything is great in this disc, however I feel the DTS track could had been better than it is, too much coming from L, R and center channels and lacking from the surrounds. But hey! still being an amazing show no matter what, one of the best live DVDs I've ever watched. 5 stars, highly recommended.
on April 4, 2013
Pet shop boys, never fail to entertain... so much so that my three year old son favourite song from this collection is " I'm with stupid" i feel good that he keeps singing this song over and over even when the dvd is not on, and being a P.S.B fan I have all their albums and he keeps asking me to play that song in particular over and over......the only problem is whenever he is singing this song...I'M ALWAYS WITH HIM!
an extraordinarily satisfying piece of pop musical theater that gives the viewer a total feast for the senses. Turn out the artificial lights, light some candles and crank the volume!
on February 27, 2010
This was bought on a whim while also buying The Pop Art DVD and this (The Cubism DVD) is by far a much more exciting video. The sound quality is so amazing, never would have thought it could be better than the original CDs. I watch/listen to this about once a week during my off time while driving a truck. Ok thats all.
on June 19, 2007
This is the Pet Shop Boys on their Fundamental Tour in 2006 in Mexico. I saw them a couple months earlier in Minneapolis and it was the best concert I've ever been too. And I've seen Madonna in 2006 and 2004. Great songs, great performers, and I'm telling you - you should buy this if you are a fan of PSB..
on September 20, 2012
What a wonderful concert. Some new songs I hadn't heard and will now need to make more purchases to have them in my collection. I really wish concert had been longer as I could listen to Pet Shop Boys all day long.
kevin
on August 22, 2007
I saw this concert in nyc at radio city music hall and was greatly suprised. I had not intensely followed the boys since the 90s and I fell in love with them all over again. the lighting, music, choreography and backup singers were incredible. The concept with the moving light cubes looked simple at first but really enhanced and benefited the performance. a must buy for any fan of 80s and 90s and now dance/pop/elelectronic music.
on May 6, 2008
The 1980s' most enduring pop act have always refused to slump into irrelevance, weathering the sneers of rock snobs who dismiss them as camp ironists. Despite recently embracing their old nemesis, the guitar, Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe remain unapologetic champions of the joys of pop, allying thrumming club beats with timeless songwriting craft to make something moving and lasting out of the allegedly disposable.
on June 20, 2007
If you are a PSB fan, as I have been since 1986, then this is a must have. I was at their concert in DC a month before this was filmed. A lot of their songs from Minimal are performed as well as such classics as "Heart", "It's a Sin", "West End Girls" and many more. Backed by Sylvia Mason James, Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe give their fans what they ask for, good music and a good time.