PetSafe Automatic Tennis Ball Launcher – Interactive Dog Ball Thrower – Adjustable Range – Motion Sensor – Indoor & Outdoor Toy – A/C Power or Batteries – Fetch Machine for Small to Large Dogs
Enhance your purchase
|Item Weight||8 Pounds|
About this item
- SAFETY: Multiple sensors keep you and your dog safe; a FRONT MOTION SENSOR protects pets and people standing up to 7 feet in front of the launch area and reinforces safely loading balls into the side pocket
- DISTANCE: Launcher throws between 8-30 feet; has 9 distance settings and 6 angle settings; pull out and twist angle knob and distance knob to adjust the launcher’s range; TURN KNOBS LEFT FOR MAX DISTANCE
- PAUSE: The Automatic Ball Launcher features a 15 minute rest interval after 15 minutes of play; the rest period ensures dogs aren’t playing past the point of exhaustion
- OPTIONS: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher can be used both indoors and outside to entertain and exercise your dogs; begin use outdoors as an introduction; use the included power cord or 6 D cell batteries (not included); water-resistant
- FLEXIBILITY: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher works best with standard size tennis balls 2 5/8” in diameter but can be used with smaller tennis-type balls; up to 3 balls can be loaded at a time
- TRAINING: Audible tones alert you and your dog so you know when the ball is detected and will launch, when 2 second motion detection delay is activated and when 15 minute rest time begins and ends
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Keep Your Dog Active
Let the Automatic Ball Launcher do the work!
Interrupt boredom with the PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher. Give your dog the freedom to play fetch on his own so playtime can be anytime. The Automatic Ball Launcher keeps your dog entertained so you can live happy together.
A Company You Can Trust
- Global brand in pet products for nearly 30 years
- U.S.-based experts available
- We help pets and their people live happy together!
Benefits of the PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher
Promotes an active lifestyle so your dog gets the daily exercise he needs.
Fits standard or small balls so your dog can play with his favorite. Two standard-size tennis balls included.
Customize the distance and angle settings so your dog can play fetch exactly how he likes.
Two Power Options
Use the power cord while playing indoors or use 6 D-Cell batteries (not included) during outdoor play.
4 Easy Steps to Play
Let your dog become comfortable with the launcher while it's powered off. Then, allow him to get used to the sound before adding a ball.
Train your dog to drop the ball into the Automatic Ball Launcher so he can have playtime anytime.
No more tired arms. Once the ball is dropped, the Automatic Ball Launcher does all the work!
A 15-minute play timer adds a rest break so your dog doesn't play past the point of exhaustion.
|View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product|
|More Ways to Live Happy Together||The PetSafe Ricochet Electronic Dog Toy features 2 paired toys that will have your dog bouncing back and forth as he tries to catch a "moving" squeak sound.||Keep your dog busy with the PetSafe Busy Buddy Bristle Bone Toy. Attach a treat ring on the toy to keep your dog distracted, all while he’s having fun!||Your pup will fall in love with the PetSafe Jewel Pop Dog Toy, combining tasty treat rings and chewy textures for long-lasting fun.||With its reinforced aluminum corners, the PetSafe Freedom Aluminum Pet Door is designed to withstand wear and tear. It is perfect for apartments or homes with sliding glass doors.||Bring peace and quiet to your backyard using the PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control. This unit lets you be hands-off with bark activated correction.||The PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain with Bonus Reservoir provides 100 oz. of fresh, filtered water to your dog or cat. The free-falling stream of water encourages your pet to drink more.|
Perfect for backyard ball or sprints down your hallway, the PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher is an automatic, interactive fetch system. Designed for dogs over 10 pounds who love to fetch, this water-resistant toy keeps your pup happy while giving your arm a break. Adjust dial to launch 8 - 30 feet with 9 distance settings and 6 angle settings. The ball launcher works best with standard size tennis balls and holds up to three balls at a time. By creating safe, stimulating games, PetSafe brand is here to help you and your pet LIVE HAPPY TOGETHER.
TRAINING & USE TIPS
• Introduce your pet to the launcher slowly.
• Watch the Training Video at https://amzn.to/2OP0clJ
• Start by placing the machine near your dog turned off.
• As your dog becomes comfortable, allow him to get used to the sound of the launcher before adding a ball.
• If using batteries, we recommend trying the power adaptor as well.
• Only use regular, non-rechargeable D-Cell batteries.
• Use standard size tennis balls (2 5/8" diameter) to get the full distance available.
• Adjust the dials located on the ball launcher to adjust range and angle.
• If the system is not launching the ball, ensure the dog is not standing close to the machine. It may be setting off the safety motion sensor.
• If the system is not launching and the dog is not near the unit, the motion detector, or sensors may need to be cleaned.
• If the unit stops launching balls it may be in the rest period. The launcher has a 15 minute rest period after 15 minutes of play.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12 x 12 x 12 inches; 8 Pounds
- Item model number : ZTY00-15968
- Batteries : D batteries required.
- Date First Available : May 18, 2017
- Manufacturer : Toys & Behavior
- ASIN : B072J4KCVP
- Country of Origin : China
Best Sellers Rank:
#14,423 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
- #13 in Dog Toy Ball Launchers
- Customer Reviews:
Read all instructions before use
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Thor on July 30, 2019
The first negative is that there is a strong jolt when the ball launches. There have been three of the four screws holding the motor come loose. I had to disassemble the whole thing to get at them and because they are threaded in plastic, one was stripped. Otherwise, it has stood up to lots of use.
The second negative is the 15-minute timer. Had I to do it over again, I would not have bought this just because of the timer. As I said, I have a Border Collie. 15 minutes isn't even warm up time. I use this thing to keep her occupied while I try to get some yard work done. After a time, she will either be barking at it to work or patiently be waiting for it to resume launching. The control board needs to have a timer bypass or an adjustable timer. Really, a Border Collie is good for over an hour of fetch.
The third is a minor negative, but excusable. The proximity sensor prevents a ball from launching into the dog's face or anyone too close to the device. that's nice. However, Casey knows enough now to back away when she drops the ball into it and knows the sounds it makes as it's about to let one fly. Putting some duct tape over the sensor disables it and allows for more frequent launches. However, Casey also likes to chew the tape off.
So, while it works rather well, for the price, I think screws should not come loose and the timer should be adjustable.
Now we're just working on getting Willow to drop it in herself. We've been putting a small treat on the rim of the launcher when she's running off to catch a ball. Then when she comes back with the ball, she notices the treat and drops it in!
The safety sensor has worked every time and I'm glad I don't have to worry about her getting socked in the eye.
For future models, we would like to see an adjustable timer. For example, instread of the 15 minutes on/15 minutes off, we would like to be able to adjust it in 10 minute increments or have the option to override it completely.
Lux is highly intelligent, but also (like many other her breed) has moderate anxiety. Considering how quickly she learns, I knew she would understand how to use it almost immediately, but may be anxious about it, so I wanted to introduce it slowly and carefully. I watched videos, read all the instructions and introduced it to both my dogs in phases, as recommended. Bay (my older spaniel) doesn't care for fetch, so she was disinterested (as expected). Lux loves that it launches balls for her, but absolutely HATES the noises it makes. She knows she needs to drop the balls in the top, but she wants me to do it, because she doesn't like the sounds. She actually runs off momentarily, then comes back to watch it launch. She retrieves the ball and brings it to me, wanting me to drop it in. I read other reviews, so I knew it made noise, but I honestly never considered it would be as noisy as it is. It's not just the loud POP when it's launching -- the thing does a series of other beeps, boops and whistles when you drop the balls into it. It's over-the-top if you ask me. I think (HOPE) she can get past it with regular use, but we'll just have to see.
The 15-minute timer with no override is so frustrating when you're trying to train your dog to use it. I read the reviews, so I knew there was no override and that it frustrated some, but I did not think it would be too much of an issue. That is, until I spent a good chunk of the day training my dog to use the machine, only to witness that the *ONE* time she worked up the courage to drop the ball in by herself, the thing was on a damn break, so it didn't even work! I had to go over and unplug it, then turn it back on -- thus, solidifying in her mind that I needed to load it for it to work ... needless to say, I was very frustrated with it.
Lastly, the launcher that supposedly throws between "8-30 feet; has 9 distance settings and 6 angle settings" does NOT work AT ALL! It's completely random; I experimented with all settings outside and found virtually no difference in performance. It's inconsistent with angle (but not by a huge margin, luckily) and I have yet to see it launch more than 15 feet (sometimes launching as little as only 5 feet).
I am going to keep at it this next week with more training and familiarity exercises, and if my dog can get past the noise and decide she likes it, I may decide to keep it. But, I really just want to return it. I am just so disappointed and don't feel it's worth even close to what I paid. After seeing it in action, I'd consider a more reasonable cost being around $50.
Top reviews from other countries
Par contre je recommanderais ce produit sans hésitation pour quelqu’un ayant une grande cour. Des moments de plaisir assuré. Oui, c’est vrai que le délai avant le lancer de la balle est un peu long…ma chienne allait se mettre la face devant le trou pour voir ce qui se passait… loll.