Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PetSafe Drinkwell Big Dog Water Fountain, 288 oz, ..." and save 14% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe Drinkwell Big Dog Water Fountain, 288 oz, Great for Large Breeds and Multiple Pets
- WATER CAPACITY: 288 oz. water capacity is great for pets of all sizes or multiple pets
- ENCOURAGES HYDRATION: Free-falling stream entices pets to drink more water
- FRESH WATER: Includes replaceable carbon water filter that removes bad tastes and odors, keeping water fresh
- EASY-TO-REFILL: Removable 128 oz. reservoir increases capacity, helps maintain the water level and makes refills easy
- ANTI-BITE CORD COVER: Cord is protected by an anti-bite cover; great for chewers
- EASY-TO-CLEAN: Fountain is BPA-free and top-shelf dishwasher safe (excluding reservoir)
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe Brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About the Drinkwell Big Dog Pet Fountain
The Drinkwell Big-Dog Pet Fountain is perfect for large dogs or multiple pets. With a 5-inch deep bowl to help prevent spills and a 1-gallon reservoir to increase capacity, your pet will stay hydrated, and you’ll refill his water less often. The free-falling stream aerates the water and an activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors, encouraging your pet to drink more. Drinking more water helps improve your dog’s health, especially for larger, more active dogs. On average, your pet should drink one ounce of water per pound of weight daily. With the Big-Dog Pet Fountain, you can easily help your pet stay hydrated and healthy.
- Free-falling stream of water adds oxygen for freshness, encouraging pets to drink more water
- Constant circulation inhibits bacteria growth in between cleanings
- Replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors
- Removable 1-gallon reservoir increases capacity to total of 2.25 gallons (288 oz.), helps maintain the water level, and makes refills easy
- Snap-on lid to prevent accidental removal by pets
- Adjustable flow control lever to increase or decrease flow of water
- Anti-bite cord cover
Is Your Pet Dehydrated?
To check if your pet is dehydrated, gently grab a loose fold of skin, either on the back of the neck or in between the shoulder blades and release. If the skin snaps back into place, your pet should be okay. If the skin slowly returns into place, your pet could be dehydrated and may need to be checked by a veterinarian. On average, your pet should drink one ounce of water per pound of weight daily.
What is Activated Carbon?
The replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors from the water, keeping it tasting fresh. The filters in our fountains contain organic activated carbon made from coconut shells. The carbon filter works by removing impurities from the water, which keeps the water clean, clear, and fresh. Each piece of granulated carbon has hundreds or thousands of microscopic holes, which collect and bind with impurities in the water to keep them from re-circulating. The filter also catches large particles and debris and keeps it from re-circulating.
- 5-inch deep bowl creates a deep pool of water and helps prevent splashing
- Water intake grate catches hair and debris before it reaches pump to prolong pump life
- Rubber Feet on bowl bottom to help prevent sliding
- Anti-bite cord-cover for safe operation (for indoor household only)
- Dishwasher safe (excluding pump and reservoir) for easy cleaning
Big Dog Fountain Pump Removal Instructions
1. Remove the housing by pressing in the tabs at the sides and lifting up.
2. Turn the bowl over and unlock the pump from its cavity by slipping your finger into the indentation behind the pump and pulling that end of the pump out toward you, so that it has turned a quarter of a turn. Do not attempt to remove pump without turning it 90 degrees; this may damage the pet fountain and cause a leak.
3. Now that the pump is unlocked, remove it from the pet fountain. If you find this difficult, you can push the pump out from the bowl side.
|PetSafe Drinkwell Replacement Carbon Filter 3 Pack||PetSafe Drinkwell Premium Replacement Carbon Filter 3 Pack||PetSafe Drinkwell Pet Fountain Cleaning Kit||PetSafe Liquid Ate Enzyme Cleaner|
|Description||Each filter features a duo-density polyester pad that catches hair and debris. The activated carbon made from coconut shells removes bad tastes and odors, keeping your pet’s water clean and fresh. Replace the filter every 2 to 4 weeks. Compatible with the PetSafe Drinkwell Original, Platinum, Big Dog, Multi-Tier, Outdoor Dog, Mini, Everflow and Zen Pet Fountains.||The premium filter segments the carbon into 6 compartments, reducing the settling of the carbon and enhancing overall filtration. Each filter features a duo-density polyester pad that catches hair and debris, while the carbon made from coconut shells removes bad tastes and odors from the water to make it more appealing to drink. Compatible with the PetSafe Drinkwell Original, Platinum, Big Dog, Multi-Tier, Outdoor Dog, Mini, Everflow and Zen Pet Fountains.||Includes a large brush with flared-sponge tip for bowl and general fountain cleaning. A medium brush for tight corners and tubing and a motor brush for cleaning inside the pump’s cavity. Works with all PetSafe Drinkwell Fountains.||A non-toxic and chemical-free cleaner that is strong enough to clean accident areas, but gentle enough to clean pet products such as toys and PetSafe Drinkwell fountains. 100% biodegradable and harmless to your pet, family, and environment.|
The Drinkwell Big Dog Fountain is big enough to keep large dogs or multiple pets properly hydrated. This fountain holds 2.25 gallons (288 oz.) of fresh, filtered water for your pet. This innovative watering system features a free-falling water stream with adjustable flow control. The 5-inch deep bowl helps prevent spills and a 1-gallon reservoir increases capacity and makes refilling easy.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsBigger for Bigger Dogs, the drinkwell big-dog pet fountain, is the only fountain with a free-falling stream. It creates an enticing waterfall that also breaks the surface tension of the water bring oxygen into it keeping it fresher. The attached reservoir expands the water holding capacity to a total of two gallons. Great for big dogs. The carbon filtration system keeps water tasting good, and returns fresh clean water over and over again.
Legal DisclaimerWe are only shipping in the U.S. and Canada National
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have read some reviews that this unit is difficult to clean and I believe that is likely because the item is shipped completely assembled. While it may appear that parts of this unit don't come apart, they do. Drinkwell sells a Drinkwell Pet Fountain Cleaning Kit, I highly recommend it.
My cleaning process:
1. Remove the reservoir, filter cover and filter dumping out all waste water.
2. Remove the entire filter housing, if you look on either side of the "tower" you will see where you can place your fingers to pull it out. With the reservoir bottle out you can remove it completely.
3. Once the housing is off it's easier to turn the dish over and remove the pump motor. Simply do a quarter turn and the pump will slide out.
4. Once the pump is out remove the impeller (white plastic with 4 fins), remove all hair from the impeller and clean it and the magnet with a brush. Clean the INSIDE of the pump with a brush. The cleaning set has a brush for this purpose.
5. Remove the flow adjustment knob - this will just slide out of the bottom of the filter housing. Once you slide it out gently pull it apart. You can then remove all hair and grime that builds up inside. After it's cleaned just push the pieces back together.
6. Clean the filter housing with a brush, there's a special brush that will go down the entire square intake tube. Clean into the "food trap" it is the round shaped well between the intake and the filter well. It's designed to catch any big stuff that gets up the intake before it goes through the filter.
7. Clean out the main dish, it's a lot easier to do with the filter housing removed. There are some nooks under the filter housing where grime builds up, use brushes to get in and clean there.
8. Reassemble putting the flow knob back in the bottom, snapping the filter housing back on, putting in a fresh filter and reinstalling the pump.
9. Clean out the reservoir bottle with brushes or paper towels, rinse out throughly.
10. Fill up the reservoir bottle, fill the filter housing first and then fill the dish. Reinstall the filter cover.
11. Refill the bottle and mount and plug in the pump.
If you follow these steps you should only spend about 10 minutes doing it and have a nice clean quiet fountain when you are done. Enjoy plenty of water for your big guy or gal.
I recommend this ! Awesome!
UPDATE: 9/18/15 - Just wanted to pop in to document my thoughts and tips. I have had really good luck with this fountain. I must say that it was noisy for a bit, but I think it was because the water level was down to low and the pump was working hard to try and pump the water. After a few days, it quieted down again. I have well water... and it is HARD. I recommend that every few days, you take it apart (its not hard or doesnt take a long time to do) and clean it out completely. I have a Weimaraner, Beagle Pit mix, Mini Dachshund and 3 cats who visit the water bowl a million times a day and when the dogs come in from being naughty outside digging holes, there is usually dirt at the bottom. You have to remember that this dirt gets pulled through the system and should be cleaned out. It had been more then a week since I had cleaned everything out so I took it apart today (and it was completely covered with scale and hard water) cleaned it out and used White Vinegar and Hot water and plugged in the pump and let it pump though for a few hours. OMG! It cleaned it so good! It looks brand new! (anyone with hard water knows what Im talking about) I should have taken before and after pics.. I will next time.
I think many of the issues people are having are due to just cleaning and maintaining the fountain properly and completely.
btw.. I STILL LOVE THIS THING!!
P.S. Just in case some of you readers are curious as to what type of dog I have, my dog is a pit bull / mastiff mix and, he weighs almost 100 pounds. The's definitely a big boy with a big mouth! LOL