Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PetSafe Drinkwell Original Dog and Cat Water Fount..." and save 61% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain
- 50 ounce water capacity is great for small dogs and cats
- Free-Falling Stream entices pets to drink more water
- Includes replaceable carbon water filter that removes bad tastes and odors, keeping water fresh
- Helps prevent urinary and kidney diseases in pets through increased hydration
- Adjustable flow control knob allows you to customize the water flow
- BPA Free and top-shelf dishwasher safe
- Call, chat or email with our expert US-based customer care specialists six days a week; They are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs
- PetSafe® brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe Brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About the PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain
The PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain gives your pet 50 ounces of fresh, filtered water. The free-falling stream of water entices your pet to drink more. The activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors, keeping your pet hydrated and healthy.
- Helps prevent urinary and kidney diseases in pets through increased hydration
- Great for small dogs and cats
- Flowing water encourages pets to drink more
1. Free-falling stream adds more oxygen for freshness, encouraging pets to drink more water.
2. Replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors for fresher, better-tasting water.
3. Constant circulation inhibits bacteria growth in between cleanings.
4. Receiving ramp reduces splash and sound of falling water.
5. Adjustable flow control to increase or decrease flow of water.
6. BPA-Free plastic is top-shelf dishwasher safe (excluding pump) for easy cleaning.
7. Power cord is 6-feet long with inline connection for easy disassembly.
|Replacement Carbon Filter 3 Pack||Premium Replacement Carbon Filter 3 Pack||PetSafe Drinkwell Fountain Cleaning Kit||PetSafe Liquid-Ate Enzyme Cleaner|
|Description||Each filter features a duo-density polyester pad that catches hair and debris. The activated carbon made from coconut shells removes bad tastes and odors, keeping your pet’s water clean and fresh. Replace the filter every 2 to 4 weeks.||The premium filter segments the carbon into 6 compartments, reducing the settling of the carbon and enhancing overall filtration. Each filter features a duo-density polyester pad that catches hair and debris, while the carbon made from coconut shells removes bad tastes and odors from the water to make it more appealing to drink.||Includes a large brush with flared-sponge tip for bowl and general fountain cleaning. A medium brush for tight corners and tubing and a motor brush for cleaning inside the pump’s cavity. Works with all PetSafe Drinkwell Fountains.||A non-toxic and chemical-free cleaner that is strong enough to clean accident areas, but gentle enough to clean pet products such as toys and PetSafe Drinkwell fountains. 100% biodegradable and harmless to your pet, family, and environment.|
|PetSafe ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box||PetSafe Come With Me Kitty Harness||PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed||PetSafe SSSCAT Spray Pet Deterrent||PetSafe SlimCat Food Dispensing Toy||PetSafe 2-Way Locking Door|
|Additional Must-Have Products for Cats||An automatic litter box that stays fresh and clean without the hassle||Allows your cat to explore the outdoors safely and securely||An automatic feeder that makes it easy to feed your pet right on time||Motion-activated unscented spray that keeps pets away from off-limit areas||Food-dispensing toy that combines playtime and mealtime to help control your cat’s weight||Interior door that gives your pet the freedom to come and go even when the door is closed|
The PetSafe Drinkwell Original Fountain provides 50 oz. of fresh, filtered water to your pet. The free-falling stream of water entices your pet to drink more and aerates your the water with oxygen. Included with the Drinkwell Original fountain is an activated carbon filter that removes any bad tastes and odors, giving your pet the best way to stay hydrated.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsDue to its dimensions and/or weight, this item ships via GROUND service only. Drinkwell The Original Pet Fountain is perfect for single-pet households! It features the Drinkwell-patented free-falling stream of water and a large charcoal filter to remove bad tastes and odors, giving your pet the best possible and most appealing way to stay hydrated. The Original Pet Fountain not only satisfies a pet’s preference for running water and need for proper hydration, but is also convenient for owners. The easily-maintained fountain has a 50 oz. capacity and can hold up to 120 oz. of water (with the use of an optional reservoir). Best of all- the Drinkwell Pet Fountain keeps pets off of counters and out of sinks and toilets!
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||9.13 x 11.38 x 7 in||10.63 x 15.88 x 10.5 in||11.94 x 8.5 x 5.94 in||9 x 11.5 x 4.5 in||12.44 x 12.44 x 8.19 in||10.5 x 6.75 x 8.75 in|
|Size||3.12 lb||10.5 lb||100oz Capacity||3.75 lb||8 lb||4.37 lb|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Con: The noise! I should have taken the many noise-based reviews more seriously and I should have seen the noise-reducing tips from the manufacturer as a red flag.
I have followed all their instructions and I've kept it full to the brim so the pump is fully submerged. But, the primary problem seems to be the design; the housing is comprised of 3 separate plastic pieces (bowl, pump-housing, lid) but they lack any sort of rubber gasket between them. This means when the pump is turned on the plastic parts vibrate against each other. Placing the base on cloth to separate it from our tile floor didn't help, nor did taping the pieces tightly together. I ended up setting a dumbbell over it to weight it down and that finally quieted the dang thing.
Well, this has helped tremendously! She no longer hounds me about the bathroom sink and drinks straight from the fountain stream. The one thing I don't like about it is that the vibrations from the pump make the plastic vibrate and it's quite annoying. It took me a while, but I was finally able to stop the hum by wedging a couple pieces of paper between the plastic (see pic).
Other than that, seems like a great water fountain for the cats!
1. Has falling water instead of sliding/bubbling water like some fountains. Fills the need for cat breeds that like to drink from the faucet.
2. No louder than any other fountain, bubbling water sound attracts cats to drink
3. At 50 oz, holds a decent amount of water
1. Pain the butt to clean. Has a lot of corners and hard to reach areas inside where slime and mold can grow
2. Plastic so gets slimey pretty quickly and needs cleaning often
Overall good fountain that replicates drinking from the sink for cat breeds that enjoy that. Encourages cat to drink more and you can't beat the price.
So the stainless zen fountain that I was using started to get rust spots. With this and the fact that my cat seems to like the original drinkwell better, I am now using two of the original drinkwell fountains. I found the filters tend to get dirty and nasty pretty quick. I have found that if I don't use the filters in the fountain and clean/change water once a week, it stays pretty clean and slime free. Changing rating to 4 stars.
So since my cat seems to like fountain more and it seems to be staying pretty clean, the Petsafe Drinkwell Original fountain is now my go to fountain of choice.
Most recent customer reviews
They both approach it, smell it and walk away...(it was thoroughly cleaned before assembled).Read more