Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
|Price:||$44.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- No fabric type
- 168 ounce water capacity is great for pets of all sizes. Free-falling water stream entices pets to drink more
- Includes replaceable carbon water filter that removes bad tastes and odors, keeping water fresh
- Built-in reservoir increases capacity and requires less refilling
- Helps prevent urinary and kidney diseases in pets through increased hydration
- BPA Free plastic design is top-shelf dishwasher safe
- If the motor is humming loudly, make sure the water level is above the minimum line. Refer user manual under product detail for trouble shooting steps
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe Brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
Research shows one way to improve your pet’s health is to get him to drink more water. Water is essential for supporting your pet’s vital organ function. On average, your pet should drink one ounce of water per pound of weight daily. The Drinkwell Platinum Fountain provides convenience for you while giving your pet plenty of water to stay hydrated. The free-falling stream aerates his water, and an activated-carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors giving your pet the best way to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Free-falling stream adds oxygen for freshness and entices pets to drink more water
- Premium, replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors for fresher, better-tasting water
- Constant circulation inhibits bacteria growth in between cleanings
- Pre-filter catches hair and other large particles before they reach the pump to prolong pump life
- Submersible pump for safe and quiet operation
- Snap-on lid for easy filter replacement and to prevent accidental removal by pets
Is your pet dehydrated?
To check if your pet is dehydrated, gently grab a loose fold of skin, either on the back of the neck or in between the shoulder blades and release. If the skin snaps back into place, your pet should be okay. If the skin slowly returns into place, your pet could be dehydrated and may need to be checked by a veterinarian. On average, your pet should drink one ounce of water per pound of weight daily.
What is activated carbon?
The activated carbon replacement filters are made of coconut shells. The coconut shells are put through a process called carbonization, which removes all other elements other than carbon. The carbon is then ‘activated’ by adding back oxygen, creating a material suitable for adsorption. Activated carbon absorbs basic water contaminants, as well as chlorine from tap water. This helps improve the taste and remove odors from basic drinking water.
- Receiving ramp reduces splash and sound of falling water
- Adjustable flow control to change flow and circulation of water to be slower or faster
- Built-in reservoir increases capacity and makes refills easy
- Rubber feet on bottom to help prevent fountain from moving or sliding
- Low-voltage, 12V system with inline-plug connection for safe operation and easy pump removal
- Easily disassembles and top-shelf dishwasher safe (excluding pump) for easy cleaning.
|Replacement Premium Carbon Filter 3 Pack||Replacement Standard Carbon Filter 3 Pack||PetSafe Drinkwell Fountain Cleaning Kit|
|Description||The activated carbon removes bad tastes and odors, keeping your pet’s water fresh. Each filter contains 6 compartments for even carbon distribution. Replace the filter every 2 to 4 weeks. Compatible with Drinkwell Original, Platinum, Big Dog, Multi-Tier, Outdoor Dog, Mini, Everflow, and Zen fountains.||The activated carbon made from coconut shells removes bad tastes and odors, keeping your pet’s water clean and fresh. Replace the filter every 2 to 4 weeks. Compatible with the PetSafe Drinkwell Original, Drinkwell Platinum, Big Dog, Multi-Tier, Outdoor Dog, Mini, Everflow, and Zen fountains.||Includes a large brush with flared-sponge tip for bowl and general fountain cleaning. A medium brush for tight corners and tubing and a motor brush for cleaning inside the pump’s cavity. Works with all PetSafe Drinkwell Fountains|
Compare to similar items
This item PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
Catit Flower Fountain
Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Fountain Raindrop Design , 60oz
PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Pet Fountain
PetSafe Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain
Pet Water Fountain, Uniclife Dog Cat Automatic Electric Drinking Bowl with LED Light
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10.63 x 15.88 x 10.5 in||8.27 x 8.27 x 7.28 in||9 x 11.5 x 4.5 in||11.94 x 8.5 x 5.94 in||12.44 x 12.44 x 8.19 in||7.61 x 9.75 x 4.29 in|
|Size||10.5 lb||Standard||3.75 lb||100oz Capacity||8 lb||Cube LED|
Size: 10.5 lb
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsDue to its dimensions and/or weight, this item ships via GROUND service only. The Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain is the ultimate in style and design. The Platinum utilizes the same innovative watering system as our other Drinkwell Pet Fountains, featuring the patented free-falling stream of water. This entices pets to drink more, keeping them happy, healthy and hydrated. The Platinum features a new snap-on lid to prevent accidental removal, a pre-filter to catch any large particles before they reach the motor, and a submersible pump for nearly silent operation.
Top customer reviews
Note in the photos section I have shown the fountain taken apart. You will see that one piece came OFF of the front of the pump. This allows us to clean the gunk that gets built up inside the fountain. This is very easy. Of course, the pump should be unplugged prior to cleaning. Then remove the front, and place pump in a cup of warm water with a tsp of powder dish detergent. While submerged, we plug the pump in. This circulates the water and detergent to clean the spinning mechanism inside. See in another photo the debris floating in the water. That is the gunk that builds up. So if you are experiencing pump failure, this may be the reason.
If your pump is so bad the spinning mechanism does not spin, simply soak the pump in the water and detergent for a couple of hours, then flush well with clean water and try again.
IMPORTANT: When you put the front cover back onto the pump, if it does not close all the way, do NOT force it. The flow control valve MUST line up. So turn your flow control slightly and try again. Continue to make slight turns and try again until it snaps EASILY back together.
When done regularly, this weekly cleaning does not take us much time at all and is completely worth the effort. Other than this cleaning, our fountain has required no maintenance. We change the filter one or twice per month, as needed. After cleaning, we fill the base with water AND fill the reservoir. It is enough water to last well over that week. This fountain gets daily use by two cats, so you may through more water with dogs or more cats.
I hope this review will help you love your Pet Fountain!
First the pros:
1. Mine is reliable. It has been running 24/7 for over two years, without fail. I have three small/medium sized dogs and a cat, living together, and drinking from the same fountain without complaint. Frankly, they do seem to prefer it greatly to a standard bowl, and I can understand why. Flowing, filtered water beats something festering in a bowl, hands down.
2. The replacement filters are easy to find, and are usually cheapest here on Amazon with an order eligible for free shipping. They are easy to change out, simply pull out the old one from the top, drop in the new (make sure to rinse it under the faucet first to wash away loose carbon soot).
3. It is aesthetically pleasing. It has smooth, rounded, clean lines, with a sturdy wide base. When properly filled, it is very quiet. When running very low, it can emit a buzzing vibration sound from the pump, which acts as a decent reminder to refill. The normally gentle tinkling of water, which has an easily adjustable flow-rate, appeals to all my pets.
4. It has a large, clear reservoir tank to easily see how much water is left. The reservoir tank is also easy to remove and refill, with minimal spillage while doing so. With my four pets, I typically refill it once every day and a half.
And the cons:
1. The reservoir tank cannot stand on it own, inverted. Due to its rounded design, it will simply roll over on it's side. Therefore, you must physically stand there, holding it in both hands while filling it from the sink. For myself this is a minor inconvenience, at best. For some senior folks, or those with limited arm strength, this could be a real problem. The need to go back to the drawing board and incorporate some aspects of their original fountain here. A compromise between the two could be easily worked out in the next model.
2. Cleaning. I cannot stress how MAJOR the design flaw this is here. Sounds simple to do, but the inside of this fountain is the exact opposite of the outer design. There are so many little nooks and crannies for debris and bacteria to collect in, and sharp internal corners abound. It is easy enough to break it down into smaller components, But these parts themselves contain sharp internal corners too small for my average-sized hands to reach. Think about how hard it is to get that last bit of dirt from the inside corner of a square box. Now multiply that problem by several factors. Even if you purchase the cleaning brushes they have designed specifically for this fountain, you simply cannot get this thing completely clean inside. Cleaning the tank is a major chore, too. The small, round, 2 1/2 inch wide fill-hole at the bottom is the only internal access. And again, this part also has right angles and sharp corners inside. Good luck, even with a decent bottle brush. The only thing of redeeming value here is the pump, which can easily be pulled apart to remove/clean the rotor and insides. This is typical though, for any aquarium pump of similar design.
Every 2 months I have to thoroughly scrub everything as best I can, then wash the parts again with Listerine to disinfect. Otherwise, little pondscum-like gobs will quickly start to appear and block the prescreen and pump intake. This can cause overflows, restricted flow, and early pump fatigue. I honestly think this problem, alone, contributes to the majority of pump failures. It would be so much easier if Drinkwell took as much time making the lines inside this machine as smooth as the lines outside. What is now a laborious 30 minutes to get the job properly done could be reduced to 10 minutes or less with an overdue update on their part. Quality engineering sometimes seems a lost art in this country, so sad.
Update: 11/14/2013. after almost four years of continuous 24 hour use, with the exception of regular cleaning and maintenance, my pump has finally died. I found a perfect replacement from Petsafe, for under $20-including shipping. Seems to run better than the original, actually!
Most recent customer reviews
The good: My picky cat loves this fountain.Read more