Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Dog and Cat Water Fount..." and save 46% off the $74.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
- 168 ounce water capacity is great for pets of all sizes. Free-falling water stream entices pets to drink more
- Includes replaceable carbon water filter that removes bad tastes and odors, keeping water fresh
- Built-in reservoir increases capacity and requires less refilling
- Helps prevent urinary and kidney diseases in pets through increased hydration
- BPA Free plastic design is top-shelf dishwasher safe
- If the motor is humming loudly, make sure the water level is above the minimum line. Refer user manual under product detail for trouble shooting steps
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Disassemble and clean the fountain pump every 2-4 weeks.
At PetSafe brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
Research shows one way to improve your pet’s health is to get him to drink more water. Water is essential for supporting your pet’s vital organ function. The Drinkwell Platinum Fountain provides convenience for you while giving your pet plenty of water to stay hydrated. The free-falling stream aerates his water, and an activated-carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors giving your pet the best way to stay hydrated and healthy.
Is your pet dehydrated?
Gently grab a loose fold of skin on the back of the neck and release. If the skin snaps back into place, your dog should be okay. If the skin slowly returns into place, your dog could be dehydrated and may need to be checked by a veterinarian.
Gently grab a loose fold of skin in between the shoulder blades and release. If the skin snaps back into place, your cat should be okay. If the skin slowly returns into place, your cat could be dehydrated and may need to be checked by a veterinarian.
How to Clean Your Pump
Take the Pump Apart
Remove the faceplate. You may need to use a fingernail inserted into the seam to pry it off.
Remove the Stator
Remove the teardrop-shaped stator by pulling up on the small lip.
Remove the Impeller
Use a fingernail to pull out the impeller, which is help in place magnetically. Clean the pump, impeller, stator and faceplate with warm water and soap, then reassemble.
|PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Fountain Replacement Pump||PetSafe Drinkwell Pet Fountain Cleaning Kit||PetSafe Drinkwell Premium Carbon Replacement Filter||PetSafe Drinkwell Standard Carbon Replacement Filter||PetSafe Liquid-Ate Enzyme Cleaner||PetSafe Lawn Protector|
|Can be used as a replacement or as a back-up pump during cleanings. It is compatible with the PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain.||Works with all PetSafe Drinkwell fountains. Comes with 3 different sizes of brushes to clean all parts of your fountain.||Compatible with the PetSafe Drinkwell Original, Platinum, Big Dog, Multi-Tier, Outdoor Dog, Mini, Everflow and Zen pet fountains. Helps remove bad tastes and odor from your pet's water.||Compatible with the PetSafe Drinkwell Original, Platinum, Big Dog, Multi-Tier, Outdoor Dog, Mini, Everflow and Zen pet fountains. Helps remove bad tastes and odor from your pet's water.||A chemical-free cleaner that is perfect for cleaning all pet accident areas.||These water pucks purify the water and neutralize the minerals that cause nitrogen production in the dogs urine, thereby making the urine non-damaging to the lawn.|
The PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain provides 168 oz. (1.3 gal) of fresh, filtered water to your pet. The free-falling water stream with adjustable flow control entices pets to drink more. This fountain features a built-in reservoir to increase capacity and make refilling easy. The replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors from the water, keeping it fresh.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsDue to its dimensions and/or weight, this item ships via GROUND service only. The Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain is the ultimate in style and design. The Platinum utilizes the same innovative watering system as our other Drinkwell Pet Fountains, featuring the patented free-falling stream of water. This entices pets to drink more, keeping them happy, healthy and hydrated. The Platinum features a new snap-on lid to prevent accidental removal, a pre-filter to catch any large particles before they reach the motor, and a submersible pump for nearly silent operation.
Legal Disclaimercan not ship international
Compare with similar items
PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Dog and Cat Water Fountain,100 oz.
PetSafe Drinkwell Premium Carbon Replacement Filters, Dog and Cat Water Fountain Filters, 3 Pack
PetSafe Drinkwell Seascape Ceramic Dog and Cat Water Fountain, Gray, 70 oz.
PetSafe Drinkwell Original Dog and Cat Water Fountain with Bonus 50 oz. Reservoir, 100 oz.
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Whites & Tans||—||White||Gray||Light Blue|
|Item Dimensions||15.88 x 10.63 x 10.5 in||8.5 x 11.94 x 5.94 in||8.5 x 1.63 x 7.58 in||8 x 9.25 x 5 in||7.13 x 9.38 x 14 in|
|Item Weight||4 lbs||—||1.6 ounces||5.2 lbs||3.25 lbs|
|Size||10.5 lb||100oz Capacity||Pack of 3||70 oz||50 oz|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Note in the photos section I have shown the fountain taken apart. You will see that one piece came OFF of the front of the pump. This allows us to clean the gunk that gets built up inside the fountain. This is very easy. Of course, the pump should be unplugged prior to cleaning. Then remove the front, and place pump in a cup of warm water with a tsp of powder dish detergent. While submerged, we plug the pump in. This circulates the water and detergent to clean the spinning mechanism inside. See in another photo the debris floating in the water. That is the gunk that builds up. So if you are experiencing pump failure, this may be the reason.
If your pump is so bad the spinning mechanism does not spin, simply soak the pump in the water and detergent for a couple of hours, then flush well with clean water and try again.
IMPORTANT: When you put the front cover back onto the pump, if it does not close all the way, do NOT force it. The flow control valve MUST line up. So turn your flow control slightly and try again. Continue to make slight turns and try again until it snaps EASILY back together.
When done regularly, this weekly cleaning does not take us much time at all and is completely worth the effort. Other than this cleaning, our fountain has required no maintenance. We change the filter one or twice per month, as needed. After cleaning, we fill the base with water AND fill the reservoir. It is enough water to last well over that week. This fountain gets daily use by two cats, so you may through more water with dogs or more cats.
I hope this review will help you love your Pet Fountain!
First the pros:
1. Mine is reliable. It has been running 24/7 for over two years, without fail. I have three small/medium sized dogs and a cat, living together, and drinking from the same fountain without complaint. Frankly, they do seem to prefer it greatly to a standard bowl, and I can understand why. Flowing, filtered water beats something festering in a bowl, hands down.
2. The replacement filters are easy to find, and are usually cheapest here on Amazon with an order eligible for free shipping. They are easy to change out, simply pull out the old one from the top, drop in the new (make sure to rinse it under the faucet first to wash away loose carbon soot).
3. It is aesthetically pleasing. It has smooth, rounded, clean lines, with a sturdy wide base. When properly filled, it is very quiet. When running very low, it can emit a buzzing vibration sound from the pump, which acts as a decent reminder to refill. The normally gentle tinkling of water, which has an easily adjustable flow-rate, appeals to all my pets.
4. It has a large, clear reservoir tank to easily see how much water is left. The reservoir tank is also easy to remove and refill, with minimal spillage while doing so. With my four pets, I typically refill it once every day and a half.
And the cons:
1. The reservoir tank cannot stand on it own, inverted. Due to its rounded design, it will simply roll over on it's side. Therefore, you must physically stand there, holding it in both hands while filling it from the sink. For myself this is a minor inconvenience, at best. For some senior folks, or those with limited arm strength, this could be a real problem. The need to go back to the drawing board and incorporate some aspects of their original fountain here. A compromise between the two could be easily worked out in the next model.
2. Cleaning. I cannot stress how MAJOR the design flaw this is here. Sounds simple to do, but the inside of this fountain is the exact opposite of the outer design. There are so many little nooks and crannies for debris and bacteria to collect in, and sharp internal corners abound. It is easy enough to break it down into smaller components, But these parts themselves contain sharp internal corners too small for my average-sized hands to reach. Think about how hard it is to get that last bit of dirt from the inside corner of a square box. Now multiply that problem by several factors. Even if you purchase the cleaning brushes they have designed specifically for this fountain, you simply cannot get this thing completely clean inside. Cleaning the tank is a major chore, too. The small, round, 2 1/2 inch wide fill-hole at the bottom is the only internal access. And again, this part also has right angles and sharp corners inside. Good luck, even with a decent bottle brush. The only thing of redeeming value here is the pump, which can easily be pulled apart to remove/clean the rotor and insides. This is typical though, for any aquarium pump of similar design.
Every 2 months I have to thoroughly scrub everything as best I can, then wash the parts again with Listerine to disinfect. Otherwise, little pondscum-like gobs will quickly start to appear and block the prescreen and pump intake. This can cause overflows, restricted flow, and early pump fatigue. I honestly think this problem, alone, contributes to the majority of pump failures. It would be so much easier if Drinkwell took as much time making the lines inside this machine as smooth as the lines outside. What is now a laborious 30 minutes to get the job properly done could be reduced to 10 minutes or less with an overdue update on their part. Quality engineering sometimes seems a lost art in this country, so sad.
Update: 11/14/2013. after almost four years of continuous 24 hour use, with the exception of regular cleaning and maintenance, my pump has finally died. I found a perfect replacement from Petsafe, for under $20-including shipping. Seems to run better than the original, actually!