Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PetSafe Gentle Leader Headcollar, Medium, Black" and save 65% off the $19.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe (Premier) Petite Gentle Leader Head Collar with Training DVD
|Price:||$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$5.04 (25%)|
- Enjoy stress-free walks with the PetSafe Gentle Leader No-Pull Headcollar
- Stops excessive leash pulling and prevents other unwanted behaviors like lunging, jumping and barking
- Provides immediate, gentle control
- Adjustable nylon straps with neoprene padded nose loop for added comfort
- Does not cause choking and is painless
- Includes fitting instructions, training guide and comprehensive DVD
- Call, chat or email with our expert US-based customer care specialists six days a week; They are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs
- PetSafe brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Size: MEDIUM 25-60 LBS. | Color: BLACK
From the Manufacturer
The Gentle Leader works with a nose loop that directs your dog's attention to you if he pulls
At PetSafe Brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About the PetSafe Gentle Leader Headcollar
Millions of dog owners today enjoy the benefits of stress-free walks thanks to the Gentle Leader Headcollar. Designed so that owners can communicate with their pet in a way they instinctively understand, the Gentle Leader painlessly and effectively removes the dog’s natural tendency to pull by placing gentle pressure on calming points and eliminating uncomfortable pressure on the throat. In addition to reducing a dog’s desire to pull away, the Gentle Leader is also a very effective tool in combating lunging, jumping, excessive barking and helping to calm an aggressive and/or anxious animal.
Why is a Gentle Leader the best choice?
- Stops leash pulling. ..an extremely common problem that spans all breeds, ages, and activity levels and leaves both owners and dogs frustrated.
- Controls unwanted behaviors. ..general aggression and dog-on-dog aggressive behavior, anxiety issues, and a wide range of compulsive disorders.
- Fully adjustable. ..both neck strap and nose loop can be adjusted independently to create a custom fit.
- Immediate results. ..most dogs acclimate within minutes and respond very quickly.
Straps are made of supple nylon
- Won’t choke…pressure is applied at the back of the neck vs. the front of the throat.
- Not a muzzle…when fitted properly a dog can open its mouth to eat, drink, pant, fetch, and bark.
- Can be used with dogs eight (8) weeks of age or older.
- Can be worn up to 18 hours/day.
|Petite||under 5 pounds|
|Small||up to 25 pounds|
|Medium||25- 60 pounds|
|Large||60- 130 pounds|
|Extra Large||over 130 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
If you buy this, definitely watch the DVD. Don't assume that you can just put it together & train your dog yourself. There are some really helpful & important tips on how you should handle your dog while on the leash. These tips *could* make or break your dog's response to the collar. Also, I do recommend going to a professional obedience school if your dog has obedience problems. Especially if you are dealing with a large dog. The Gentle Leader has been a phenomenal supplemental tool for us in the areas that could not be cured with regular obedience training: such as going on walks.Read more ›
The Gentle Leader should not be confused with other head collars like the Halti. It is FAR superior for any dog breed or temperament.
I've trained both my Golden Retrievers as well as the dogs of several relatives and many friends over the past six years using the Gentle Leader. With the possible exception of toy breeds, this is a God-send for any dog owner with a rambunctious, head-strong or hard to handle canine or if you just wants more control without the extra work and even trauma associated with neck collars in general.
I had my first Gentle Leader dog and then my second, walking and STAYING at heel, sitting automatically upon stopping, turning both left & right and no longer lunging, pulling, jumping or straying...and all within less than 15 minutes for EACH dog! Golden Retrievers are, of course, wonderfully easy and willing to train anyway, but this was SO incredibly fast, it was almost like watching some magic trick being performed.
It was my vet at Fort Lewis, WA who first taught me how to fit the collar and use it. Application is simple once you see it done for the first time. Just place the nose strap short of the flesh on the nose (allowing the dog to breathe, eat, drink and even carry items) and tightten the head strap about one finger tight behind the ears (base of the head, really). This gives you control (nose strap) and the dog a sense of well-being (head strap). Nothing at all is on the dogs neck or throat. I strongly encourage you to have someone experienced with the Gentle Leader's use show you hot to fit it properly the first time.
For all dogs I've since trained or assisted in their training there has been the short-lived "leader dance".Read more ›
- The first was a dog-reactive dog.
The collar did discourage pulling under low stress conditions and made pulling less painful. It allowed for greater control of the dog. However, if the dog was not kept soundly distracted he would return to fussing over the nose strap. He became so frustrated by the collar that he would rub his face on the concrete, claw at the nose strap, and come away bleeding. I returned to desensitizing him to the collar, assuming I had not given him enough time to adjust. I found myself spending more time training him to accept the collar than working on modifying his unwanted behaviors.
- The second dog was a fearful dog.
The dog would completely shut down whenever he wore the collar away from his safe zone. We spent more time trying to desensitize him to wearing the collar outside of his safe zone. Because he would shut down and stop responding we could not get any results.
- The third dog was a confident, social dog.
This particular dog had pulled his whole life. To my knowledge, no one had attempted to discourage the pulling behavior. I noticed improvement as soon as we left the yard. It didn't just lessen the pulling, it stopped it.
- The fourth was an untrained and social puppy.
Not accustomed to rules or boundaries, the puppy was constantly testing the limits of the collar. If he was not properly engaged in training he would return to pawing at the nose strap, hindering training.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked like a charm for my dog. She was not crazy about it at first but she is getting use to it.Published 1 hour ago by Lauren Coffin
Was suggested one of these by my vet. Took a few days (as expected) to get my aussie mix to wear for the first time and after about a week we were able to attend a Dog Event and... Read morePublished 2 hours ago by Skippy
Replaced an old one my new puppy chewed. So far it's working great - nice little padding around the nose piece.Published 6 hours ago by Cheryl
mom loves it - dog not so much - but it works so it's a keeper - but be patient because even gentle leaders need to be introduced with TLCPublished 12 hours ago by Pearl
I have an 80 pound lab that I've trained to do all sorts of things but couldn't, for whatever reasons, train him to stop tugging on the leash. Read morePublished 19 hours ago by James Brown
This is an amazing tool when used correctly! If you just put it on your dog and expect them to love it, you're sadly mistaken. Read morePublished 2 days ago by TraciH