Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on January 20, 2011
I have many of the same positive and negative comments left by my fellow reviewers. The concept of this product is wonderful. And, yes, my kitty was already falling in love with it while I was installing it.
But, i have to agree...I thought it was me. There is no lip at all to install this to your window. I happen to have old wooden windows, but that being said, there nothing to screw into. Luckily (this is the only reason this is lucky) my old windows are heavy and hard to open. If I can't do it, my kitty can't.

I will fix it the way i need to secure it. I am still very happy with the product, but it does have it's design flaws. I got mine at a deeply discounted price, but I would have been disattisfied if I had paid retail.

So, i feel like I got what I paid for. We will enjoy the fun it provides.
on November 15, 2016
not big enough for my window although the description says it is. Also, it does not work for metal window frames. it is hard to drill into metal and metal is not thick enough to hold screws. No warning there!
on October 14, 2007
Installation: My husband installed it very quickly and they include a weather strip. It's not too heavy and there are only a few pieces to put on it before it goes in the window.

We have 2 cats and one of our cats loves the veranda and sits in there all the time: yelling at the birds, watching the dogs play in the backyard and relaxing. Our other cat, for some reason, doesn't ever go in there. Maybe she doesn't want to go through the flap, although, she uses the cat door. It's a bit of a mystery.

I would recommend it to anyone who kept their cat indoors but wanted to give them some fresh air and place to call their own.
on May 21, 2010
I have 3 indoor cats. I've had this product for a couple years now, and the cats literally line up to go out into it. 2 cats will fit, but they don't like getting that close together anyway. Mine is installed under an eave, so it doesn't get wet in normal rain. The carpet is easy to remove and clean. One improvement I recommend to the manufacturer is that an additional weather seal should be designed and built-in to the cat flap. It currently has a small gap at the top which leaks air in and out of the house. Installation is pretty simple--just like installing a window A/C, but not heavy. Very solid construction but could use a little more thought into weather stripping around the outside, so that the customer doesn't have to improvise. No rust or other issues after all this time.
on May 11, 2009
so i installed this unit, and it looks good and is stable (but probably gonna need to use more insulation).
but my cat is a bit timid about using it. he's only 6 months. and maybe it's just him. too early to tell anything very meaningful after just 2 weeks
on October 17, 2008
This is a most excellent veranda. The cat loves it. We love it. Easy to install. Just the right size. More than what I expected.
on August 7, 2007
We received the cat veranda several weeks ago. We installed it in one of our kitchen windows and there has been a lineup ever since to use it. While some of the cats have not been able to figure out the flap, some have had no problem. Sometimes we tie it up to the window handle for the slow learners and everybody gets a chance.

My only complaint, I wish they made it to fit a bigger window. We only have four windows that are small enough to accomodate it and two of them are bathrooms. We have alot of cats, so even though we are a little restricted on the size, I just ordered another one and we are going to put it in the upstairs bathroom window.

Anybody that comes to our house and see's the cats in the veranda love it. I am very happy with this product and would recommend it to anyone that loves their cats.