Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Indoor/Outdoor Dog Potty, Alternative to Puppy Pads, 3 Size Options for Small to Large Breeds
- Ideal for housebreaking and perfect for apartments, homes with no yards, traveling with your pet, and more
- No Wet Paws: Innovative drainage system and synthetic grass quickly drain urine away from surface
- Immediate Odor Control: Wee Sponge powder absorbs urine on contact and turns it into gel to trap odors
- Reinforced base easily supports pet's weight
- Easy Cleanup with No Spillage: Pee-Pod tray lines collection bin and holds Wee Sponge for mess-free disposal
- Replaces disposable pee pads for a more environmentally friendly solution
- For Large Dogs: Labrador, Golden Retriever, Australian Shepard, Husky, Boxer, etc.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About the PetSafe Pet Loo
The Pet Loo is a portable indoor/outdoor potty for dogs and other pets that resembles a patch of grass. Ideal for apartments or homes with no yards, traveling with your pet, or occasions when you just can’t get home to let the dog out, the Pet Loo is a convenient alternative to pee pads and midnight bathroom breaks. With the Pet Loo, your pet gets the backyard they need without the space or inconvenience.
- Removable collection bin for easy clean-up.
- Pee-Pod liner with Wee Sponge powder absorbs liquid and traps odor (sample inside).
How it Works
With its patented drainage and waste collection system, the Pet Loo solves common spillage and odor problems caused by other pet toilet products. Urine seeps through the synthetic grass mat and runs down the slanted tray into the collection bin, preventing it from gathering below the surface causing bad smells and wet paws. The collection bin catches the urine and is removable for easy clean-up. Clean-up is made even simpler with Pet Loo accessories. The unique Pee-Pod lines the collection bin and together with the revolutionary technology of Wee Sponge powder, immediately absorbs and solidifies your pet’s urine for a hassle-free and odor-free disposal. Simply scoop solid waste like in a normal back yard.
Training your pet to use the Pet Loo
Dogs, cats, and small pets are easily trained to the Pet Loo because it feels like real grass. Follow our training steps for a great start:
- Put your pet on the Pet Loo at a time they normally have to use the bathroom (after sleep, after eating, or after a play session).
- Keep your pet on the Pet Loo until they use it.
- After your pet uses the Pet Loo, reward them with a treat and plenty of praise.
Most pets quickly learn to use the Pet Loo, but we also offer Skip To My Loo, a unique attractant, for easy potty training.
Pet Loo Cleaning Tips
Daily (if needed) - Remove the synthetic grass mat and pour warm water over it to flush out extra urine.
2-3 times per week - Spray the Pet Loo and grass with Wee Care enzyme cleaner, specially formulated for cleaning the Pet Loo, and allow to dry.
Weekly - Thoroughly spray the Pet Loo with Wee Care and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Remove the grass and wash down the entire unit with a hose or sprayer. Allow to dry completely.
Replacement Grass makes the cleaning process even easier. Think of it as you would bed sheets—use one while the second is being cleaned.
- Pet Loo with Slanted Tray and Reinforced Base.
- Synthetic Grass Mat
- Collection Bin
- Pee-Pod Liner (1)
- Wee Sponge Urine and Odor AbsorberWee Sponge Urine and Odor Absorber.
- Grass Mat Clips (4)
|Pet Loo, Small||Pet Loo, Medium||Pet Loo, Large|
|Dimensions (approximate)||21” L x 17” W x 5” H (479 x 381 x 124 mm)||24 1/2” L x 24 1/2” W x 5” H (578 x 578 x 130 mm)||33” L x 33” W x 5” H (775 x 775 x 130 mm)|
|Examples||Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Shih Tzu, Pug, Pomeranian, Cats and other Small Animals||Beagle, Australian Shepherd, Cocker Spaniel, Bulldog, Corgi||Golden Retriever, Labrador, German Shepherd, Husky, Boxer|
|Replacement Grass||Pee-Pod 7-Pack with Wee Sponge||Skip to My Loo||Wee Care Enzyme Cleaner||Liquid Ate Enzyme Cleaner||Poop Bags|
|Description||Replacement grass for your Pet Loo. Available in small, medium, and large.||A 7-pack of our Pee-Pod liners, complete with a 5-oz bottle of Wee Sponge to absorb urine and odor.||A unique attractant that will help you train your pet to use the Pet Loo.||A non-toxic cleaner for your Pet Loo that removes odors and stains.||A chemical-free cleaner that is perfect for cleaning all pet accident areas.||Lightly scented, anti-leaking bags to remove solid waste from your Pet Loo.|
The Pet Loo is your backyard in a box. This portable indoor/outdoor toilet works for dogs, cats, and small pets. Ideal for apartments, potty training, and occasions when you can’t let your pet out, the Pet Loo is a convenient alternative to pee pads and midnight bathroom breaks. The top layer of synthetic grass allows urine to drain through into the base. The reinforced base is slightly angled so urine trickles down into the waste container. The waste container catches the urine and is removable for easy cleanup.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsPet Loo Indoor Dog Yard (33" x 33") is your backyard in a box - A very clever solution for all your animal's toilet problems. Forget those early morning toilet runs. Say goodbye to those toilet walks in the rain. Farewell to those stains on the carpet. Keep your feet up and enjoy having a pet as part of your lifestyle while The Pet Loo takes care of the toilet problems for you. This new and innovative lawn toilet will contain your pet's waste in one designated area and will ensure your peace of mind on those extended stays out of the home. Should you live in an apartment or a house, take your dog to the office or simply want to leave those toilet training headaches behind, The Pet Loo is a hygienic, convenient, simple and an environmentally friendly way to allow your pet the freedom to do its business without relying on you for an opportunity. The Pet Loo has a urine draining system and is effective for animals, young and old. It is easy to use and easy to clean and the synthetic grass will ensure a long lasting product which will solve your animal problems time and time again.
Legal DisclaimerMust be at least 18 yrs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Originally we used potty pads in a litter box. They were very expensive. Our male dog would miss half the time and the pee would get underneath the pad (gross). Overall a disaster.
So we bought a PupHead indoor potty. Well the grass that came with it stunk to high heaven! Not only that, it was a nightmare to clean. After that waste of money, we searched for something that would seem to make up for the PupHead's downfalls. We came across the Pet Loo.
* The design is actually better than a lot of the potties out there that don't have any kind of container to drain the pee into. The drain - container is by far the nicest part of this potty and the only saving grace.
* I'm going to be honest. We don't follow the directions. We do not clean or empty this thing every day. However, we have two dogs and they fill the pee container within 4 days which is nice because that means 4 days of not having to deal with their pee.
* When the pee container is at least 1/3 full and the dogs jump off of the potty, the pea will splash into the inside of the potty causing a headache to clean! Bad design.
* The grass is a very horrible design/quality. It has a rubber bottom with a hole here and there so the pee soaks into it and you cannot ever get the smell out after that.
* The grass bottom disintegrates after a month or so of use and wash.
* The pee container gets very gross no matter what you do.
* The plastic diversion grid under the grass becomes stained and gross.
The hard learned tips:
* Buy yourself some Glad Press and Seal plastic wrap and coat the entire pee container. Every time you empty the container, replace the plastic wrap. It keeps the container like new and it's dirt cheap compared to the plastic ones you can buy!
* If you want, you can even coat the pee grid under the grass with plastic wrap (do it like roofing a house).
* Throw away that garbage grass. Go to pupgear corp (the makers of PupHead potty) and purchase the synthetic dog grass. You'll have to cut the grass to fit the potty. IMPORTANT: Make sure it does NOT have the "Natural Attractant" because it smells WORSE than the PEE!!!
* When you do a full wash of your potty grass (from PupHead), first rinse all of the pee out of it (because it has amonia which is bad to mix with bleach) and once the water runs clear, soak it in water with bleach. The bleach will remove all smell!
* I put the potty up against the wall. I have a male dog that likes to pee against the wall as a target. I bought a sheet of plexy glass from Home Depot. They cut it to my specs. I put one edge in the potty and the other is resting against the wall. Now when he pees against the wall the pee instead hits the plexy glass and this diverts the pee into the potty instead of behind it.
This tip is not a must but might help those with dogs that have aiming problems.
* I bought a water diversion base for a clothes washer and put it under the potty. My male dog misses (they just can't aim to save their lives), sometimes he also thinks he's on the potty just because his front paws are on there and his entire back half is on the floor. If he does miss, instead of going on the floor, it goes into the water basin which is a lot easier to clean than tile (The grout acts like a channel and carries the pee all over the room). This can be found at hardware stores like Lowes or Home Depot.
I hope this helps those of you who have put forth a bit of money on this very imperfect potty system. If it does help or you have more tips, please leave comments.
My story: I have a 10 year old minature schnauzer who has trouble holding her urine for more than a few hours. Working as a nurse, I was sometimes gone for 13-15 hours which meant I came home to messes every night! I live in Alaska so a doggy door just isn't practical. I purchased the medium size Pet Loo and it is the perfect size for my 12 lbs dog; I wouldn't recommend anything smaller unless your dog is really tiny. To train her, I placed the Pet Loo outside and put on her leash as if we were going for a walk. Just as she squatted to potty, I picked her up and placed her on the faux grass. It took a few minutes of confused "dancing" around the Pet Loo, but eventually she went potty on grass and was rewarded with many praises and treats. I then brought the Pet Loo inside so she'd get used to it. The next day before leaving for work I segregated a section of the living room with a baby gate, put down her dog bed with the Pet Loo near by. I checked immediately upon getting home and amazingly she'd used the Pet Loo several times! She has consistently used it every day since and can now free roam the house when I'm gone. I could not be more pleased!
Most recent customer reviews
If you are seriously thinking of buying this, don't. Go to the store, get some 2x4s and put something together yourself.Read more