Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box" and save 28% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box, Covered, Automatic with Disposable Tray, 2 Color Options
- Self-cleans for weeks with no scooping, cleaning, or refilling
- Crystal litter absorbs urine with 5x better odor control than other litter
- Rakes waste into closed waste compartment for superior odor control
- Disposable litter trays with leak-proof lining for easy cleanup
- Health counter tracks how many times your cat uses the box
- Adjustable timer for automatic rake with 3 different timing options. Safety sensors automatically reset rake timer if cat re-enters box
- Privacy hood gives your cat a secluded bathroom and reduces litter tracking
- Pairs great with with the ScoopFree Anti-Tracking Litter Mat
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About the ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box
The ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box is an innovative, automatic litter box that stays fresh and clean without the hassle. Instead of scooping every day, the litter box does all the work for you! Clean-up is as easy as placing the lid on the disposable tray and throwing it away. ScoopFree gives you and your cat a consistently clean litter box you both will love.
- Self-cleans for weeks with no scooping, cleaning, or refilling
- 5x more effective at reducing odors than clay or clumping litter
- Privacy hood keeps litter in the box
- Built-in health counter helps identify possible health probelms with your cat
How It Works
The ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box is easy to use and can be left alone for weeks at a time. Simply load it with the disposable litter tray pre-filled with crystal litter, plug it in, and watch it work.
Sensors detect when your cat uses the litter box and start the rake timer.
During this time, the crystals work to absorb moisture and odors and start dehydrating solid waste. Twenty minutes later, the automatic rake sweeps through the litter, pushing waste into the covered waste trap and locking away odors.
Every few weeks as needed, remove the disposable tray, cover it with the lid, and throw it away for a quick, hygienic cleanup.
Acclimating Your Cat to the ScoopFree Ultra Litter Box
Most cats will easily adapt to the ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box, but some cats may need an adjustment period to get acclimated. Here are some tips that may help your cat with the transition:
1. Place the new ScoopFree litter box next to your cat’s current litter box, allowing them to have access to both boxes for at least a week.
2. Add a few handfuls of your cat’s old, unused litter to the new crystal litter tray. You can also add some of the crystal litter to their current box.
3. Stop cleaning your cat’s old litter box, allowing it to remain dirty. Since cats prefer a clean litter box, so this will help make the new ScoopFree litter box more appealing.
4. Once your cat has transitioned to the ScoopFree box, remove their old box.
For kittens less than 6 months old, leave the litter box unplugged and scoop waste until they are over 6 months. This way, they can get used to using the ScoopFree litter box without any risks.
Tips for Maximizing the Life of Your Crystal Litter Trays
1. Place the ScoopFree litter box away from areas of high humidity, such as bathrooms, showers, and basements. Since the crystal litter controls odor by absorbing moisture, having extra moisture in the air will shorten the life of the tray. Try placing it in a room with moving air to pull away moisture, like a room with a fan.
2. If your cat consistently urinates in the same spot, try stirring the crystals occasionally to help distribute saturated crystals.
3. Cats with diets that are high in crude fiber and ash content will produce more solid waste, which can prematurely fill the waste trap. Consider changing your cat’s diet to a food with no byproducts or fillers.
|Replacement Litter Trays - Original Scent||Replacement Litter Trays - Lavender||Replacement Litter Trays - Dye-Free||Anti-Tracking Litter Mat||Privacy Hood||PetSafe ScoopFree Dash Button|
|Description||Disposable, leak-proof litter tray refills that are prefilled with crystal litter in a light, fresh scent.||Disposable, leak-proof litter tray refills that are prefilled with soothing, lavender-scented crystal litter.||Disposable, leak-proof litter tray refills made from recycled paper and filled with dye-free and perfume-free litter.||A spongy, durable mat designed to stop litter tracking around the house. Available in purple and taupe.||The removable hood gives your cat privacy while keeping litter and odors inside. Available in purple and taupe.||Reorder your ScoopFree Litter Trays with the press of a button.|
ScoopFree Ultra Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box. "Litter trays are 22” x 14-1/2” x 2-1/2”. The ScoopFree litter bed measures 14” W x 15-1/2” L, and the exterior litter box dimensions are 19-1/8” W x 27-5/8” L x 6-3/8” H. The height is 16” with the optional. hood installed (the Ultra comes with the privacy hood)."
Color: Purple | Style: ScoopFree Box
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsScoopFree is the self-cleaning litter box you can leave alone for weeks at a time. It is the only self-cleaning litter box that uses disposable litter trays to provide hands-off convenience and unbeatable odor control. ScoopFree Ultra offers 3 additional features for the ultimate in cat care: A privacy hood, an adjustable rake delay, and a health counter. Privacy hood gives your cats the privacy they deserve while keeping the litter properly contained. Adjustable rake delay allows you to choose if the automatic rake sweeps waste 5, 10, or 20 minutes after your cats use the litter box. Health counter tracks the frequency of your cats’ litter box usage to help monitor their health. Uses disposable litter trays to provide hands-off convenience and unbeatable odor control. You don’t have to see, touch, or smell messy waste. Includes disposable litter tray pre-filled with ScoopFree Crystal Litter. Disposable litter trays have plastic lining that creates a barrier to help protect against leakage. Sensors automatically reset the 20-minute rake timer if your cat re-enters the litter box. Rigorously tested in our lab for more than 100,000 cycles without failure or jamming. Anti-tracking carpet sold separately. Recommended litter tray replacements: At least once every 20-30 days for one cat, every 10-15 days for 2 cats, every 7-10 days for 3 cats.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||20.5 x 28.5 x 11.5 in||19 x 27.37 x 7 in||16.5 x 21.5 x 10 in||19.25 x 24.5 x 21 in||9.8 x 17.7 x 28 in||17.75 x 10 x 24.63 in|
|Item Weight||19.55 lbs||18 lbs||1.6 lbs||26 lbs||13.23 lbs||13.1 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have 2 cats plus a third part-time cat that belongs to my boyfriend that comes to visit every few days. Three cats make a lot of bathroom stops and I scooped my cats' box every day using clumping cat litter. This is fine, except I often am away for the weekend and two days is the absolute max the box can go without being cleaned. I wanted something that would auto-clean and allow me to be worry-free on weekends away.
I splurged and got the ScoopFree with the hood and kitty counter since I have cats that like to dig for hours in their box and fling cat litter everywhere. Turns out it was a good choice. It's kind of fun in a weird way to see how many times your cats use the litter box per day. So far, the average is about 8-9x per day for 3 cats.
Setting up the ScoopFree was pretty easy. It comes in one piece, so no set up is really necessary other than setting up the disposable litter tray with the magnetic hood under the frame, putting the frame over it, and "snapping" the magnets together that hold the tray flap down. The litter comes pre-portioned so all you do is dump the bag in and smooth the litter level. Plug it in and pick your delay timer for scooping (I went with 10 mins) and away it goes.
My cats were a little wary of the new type of litter. Crystal litter is very granular compared to the more sand-like litter they had used before. After a few mins of getting used to it they were fine and used it as normal. However, they were startled the first time the litter box went off to clean. The motor is very quiet, like a dull hum, but the cats had never seen it before so they steered clear of their box for a good hour after its first clean to see what the sentient litter box would do. I was afraid they'd be too freaked out to use it again and have accidents, but after a few days of use the cats seem to have gotten used to the hum of the box cleaner, but they still run up to watch the rake sweep across the litter. :) The rake very evenly distributes the litter so you do not get a pile up of litter at the back or front of the box.
So far the cats seem to love it. It provides entertainment plus a tidy box for them to do their business in. I would recommend getting the Forever Tray ($50 on Amazon) instead of the disposable trays that come with the ScoopFree. It's expensive up front, but will save you money overall since the disposable trays don't last too long and are $15 each. With the Forever Tray you only need to pay for crystal litter which you can get anywhere.
Odor has been a worse than with TidyCats clumping cat litter, but I do empty the poo trap every 2-3 days or so so it's not too noticably bad unless you're right up with your face near it.
Edit: Been using the ScoopFree system for almost 2 months now and I have some updates.
1. This thing is smelly. I have 3 cats so I'm sure that contributes, but the crystal litter that comes with the system in refillable trays and the brand Fresh Step has for scoopable litter doesn't hold up smell-wise for more than few days. After some experimentation I've noticed there are about half inch gaps on either side of the container that holds the waste. I've stuffed those so the smell is less, but it's still kind of a weird design flaw.
2. Crystal litter isn't great with smell control. I've discovered that you do not have to use crystal litter with this thing. Just do NOT use clumping litter. I switched to Fresh Step non-clumping clay litter and it works much better at smell control. It also works with the machine and it's $5 for 25lbs of the stuff vs $13 for 8lbs of crystal. The only downside I've noticed with "sand" litter is the sweeper in the ScoopFree does not as evenly redistribute the litter as it goes about its cleaning cycle. No big deal. The cats shift it around themselves.
3. For 3 cats sharing one box I do a full dump of the litter every 7 days or about 70 bathroom uses. I think around 70 uses the litter is just done. I also clean the trap out every 2-3 days which is much less than my 1-2x a day it used to be before ScoopFree.
Edit 7/9/12: Been using ScoopFree for a number of months and this is my second update. I've experimented with clumping litter (in particular using FreshStep clumping litter) and guess what? It works and it has completely got rid of the odor problems. The only issue with using clumping litter is sometimes a little bit of the clumping litter sticks to the bottom of the pan, so every 2-3 days I scrape the bottom of the pan (this is with 3 cats using it). I empty the collection bin every 3-4 days with 3 cats using it. So yes, you can use clumping litter with this baby. With this being the case, I give this product 5 stars!