Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs, Wat..." and save 23% off the $229.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs, Waterproof, with Tone, Vibration and Static Correction
|Price:||$199.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- FOR STUBBORN OR HARD TO TRAIN DOGS - 4 adjustable levels of static correction; highest intensity available
- TONE AND VIBRATION WARNING - ideal for training hearing-impaired dogs
- SAFE AND CUSTOMIZABLE - gives your pets room to play with up to 1/3 of an acre coverage, expandable up to 25 acres with the purchase of additional wires and flags (sold separately)
- WATERPROOF RECEIVER COLLAR - for all of your dog's outdoor activities
- ADJUSTABLE COLLAR - fits pets 8 lb. or more with neck sizes 6 to 28 inches
- ADD UNLIMTED PETS - with the purchase of compatible PetSafe In-Ground receiver collars (Excludes YardMax and UltraSmart)
- Call, chat or email with our expert PetSafe® US-based customer care specialists six days a week; They are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs at 1-800-732-2677 or by email at email@example.com
- Manufacturer’s warranty is only valid when purchased from an authorized retailer
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
PetSafe's Stubborn Dog In-Ground radio fence pet containment system provides your pets that are stubborn or hard to train with freedom and safety while costing thousands less than conventional fencing. Recommended for dogs 30 pounds and up. It's quick and easy to install, reliable and safe, and with proper training, a very effective solution. A lightweight super receiver is worn on your pet's collar, which picks up the radio signal and alerts your pet as he nears the underground boundary. Once your pet is properly trained, he will learn to stay in the boundaries designated by the radio fence. Includes 500 feet of boundary wire and 50 boundary flaps, enough to cover about one-third acre. For use in the US only. This unit is compatible with all US 110v outlets and are not to be used with 220v international voltage.
DirectionsFollow owners manual instructions and DVD.
Top customer reviews
Backstory, I have a very crafty German Shepherd. He can jump a 6' wood fence with no problem. So I bought him an inexpensive 6'x10' chain link kennel from the home store. He tore up the fencing and got out of that too, and subsequently the 6' wood fence. OK, so I added an electric fence charger to that, solar powered kind. That worked for a while until he figured out it only hurt for a second every couple seconds. So again he tore up the chain link fencing and got out of the kennel and yard.
Flash forward a couple months, I move into a house that only has a 4' high chain link fence. Uh Oh, dog can clear that without touching it. So bring on the electronic fence. I didn't use the included wire, it seemed super cheap. I'm thinking one good whack with the string trimmer and it's going to break. So I bought some 10 or 12ga solid core wire from the home store and used that, it's working great. I installed the box in my workshop and ran the wires (twisted) to the fence and headed around the yard. (I have an average size suburban lot) The included collar seems a little on the cheap side but I must admit it has worked well for the 6 or so months that it has been in use. I don't think I have changed the batteries in the collar in that time either.
Correction levels: Being that my dog had overcome the electric fence with ease I figured he would need the stubborn dog collar. I have only put it above the first electric correction level once. When he got bit at the higher level he looked very much distressed so I turned it back down (there was still one level higher too). I have the fence set to keep him 6-8' from the fenceline and that keeps him from jumping the fence. He has ran through the fence a couple times with seemingly no correction when someone he is excited to see arrives and the gate is open. So if you have no fence around your property you may want a wider "fence" to keep the dog from being able to run through it.
Overall it seems to be a great product, it's kept my dog at home where he belongs and not roaming the streets.
Highly recommended, however I gave it 4 starts because of the inadequacy of the included wire. I had to spend an extra $140 on good quality, thick wire.