Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, Cov..." and save 32% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, Covers up to 1/2 Acre, for Dogs over 8 lb., Waterproof Receiver with Tone / Static Correction
|Price:||$259.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.04 (13%)|
- WIRELESS BOUNDARY - keep your pets safely contained in your yard with no fences to dig and no wires to bury
- COVER UP TO 1/2 ACRE - adjust your pet's boundary up to 90 feet in all directions from the indoor transmitter
- WATERPROOF RECEIVER COLLAR - with low battery indicator includes 5 levels of Static Correction plus tone-only mode for training.
- EASY SET-UP - in as little as 1-2 hours, portable containment system is perfect for RV camping and vacation homes. Operating range may be affected by a variety of factors including terrain, topography and metal objects. The Pet Area cannot be changed into a square or rectangular shape
- 5 LEVELS OF CORRECTION - plus tone-only mode for training. Train your pet in 2 weeks when used as directed
- ADJUSTABLE RECEIVER COLLAR - fits pets 8 pounds or more with neck sizes 6 to 28 inches. An unlimited number of pets can be added to the system as long as they wear a PetSafe Wireless Fence Receiver Collar
- Manufacturer’s warranty is only valid when purchased from an authorized retailer
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe Brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
The PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System is a simple, yet effective alternative to traditional outdoor fencing or buried wire fencing. Instead of using spools of boundary wire around your yard, the PIF-300 uses radio frequency to guard your pet against straying. The system is also portable, allowing you to provide a wireless pet area when traveling.
How it Works
With the Wireless Pet Containment System, you can keep pets over 8-pounds safely contained in the area of your choosing. Simply plug in the transmitter and it will emit a constant radio signal from an adjustable range of up to 90 feet in all directions. Typically, full set-up takes less than two hours and no installation, wire burying or stakes are required. To begin training with the PIF-300, temporarily define the safe pet area with boundary flags as a visual aid to the pet. Activate the receiver collar and adjust accordingly to fit them, ensuring the contact points are touching the neck. The system should be used with dogs six months or older or know basic commands such as 'sit' and 'stay'. An operating and training guide is included. When the pet strays into the warning zone, the receiver collar will give a warning tone. If they continue past the warning zone, a safe, static correction is delivered through the contact points until they return to the safe pet area.
The centrally located transmitter sends an adjustable radio signal to a lightweight receiver collar on your pet, giving them a 90-foot range (half an acre) to run and play. The pet area cannot be changed into a square or rectangular shape. A variety of factors including terrain, topography and metal objects may affect operating range.
- Height: 9 inches.
- Width: 9 inches.
- Depth: 8.5 inches.
- Frequency: 18 kHz.
- Fuse Type: 250 volt ½ amp (inside transmitter).
- Rounded front/barrel shaped.
- Boundary and high/low control dials on face.
- Light gray coloring.
- On- Off switch on left side.
Receiver Collar Specifications
- Height: 1 inch.
- Width: 2 inches.
- Depth: 1 inch.
- Weight: 2.5 ounces.
- Uses 6-volt (RFA-67) battery.
- Low battery indicator (light will flash every 4 to 5 seconds.
- Interchangeable contact points: long and short.
- Wide Circular Range - covers an adjustable circular area up to half acre (180 feet in diameter).
- Completely Wireless - no need to bury wire in your yard.
- Easy Installation - simply plug in transmitter and begin training.
- Portable – bring the transmitter, collar, and flags anywhere you want to set up a contained area for your pet.
- Adjustable – offers 5 adjustable levels of correction, plus a tone-only mode.
- Waterproof Receiver – safe to use in all climates.
- Low Battery Indicator – receiver collar will alert you when it’s time to change the battery.
- Warning Tone – receiver emits an audible warning tone as pet approaches the edge of the boundary zone.
- Automatic Shut-Off – if pet leaves the boundary zone, the stimulation is limited to 30 seconds and automatically shuts off for five minutes before repeating stimulation for another 30 seconds.
- Training Manual Included- appropriate training of your pet is a key element of the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System.
- Recommended for pets over 8 pounds.
The PetSafe Wireless Fence pet containment system is a revolutionary concept that provides the safest, simplest form of pet containment ever. Plug in the transmitter somewhere inconspicuous in your home. The transmitter emits a 17.5 kHz radio signal around your home. Your pet wears a lightweight receiver collar that listens" for the signal. While the collar is receiving the signal your dog is free to run and play in your yard. When he approaches the boundary of the signal area he receives a warning beep. If your dog does not return he receives a static correction which is startling but not harmful. With a little simple training your dog will quickly learn his boundaries. The training of your pet is a key element with the PetSafe Wireless Fence. Follow the easy instruction and training manual that is included. For use in the US only. This unit is compatible with all US 110v outlets and are not to be used with 220v international voltage."
The Wireless Transmitter will be located in the center of the circular Pet Area. The Pet Area CANNOT be changed into a Square or Rectangle shape. A variety of factors, including terrain, topography, and metal objects may affect operating range.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsPetSafe Wireless Fence is the wireless, portable containment system that keeps your pet in your yard. Give your pets the freedom they want with the assurance of being safe. With the PetSafe Wireless Containment System your pet can roam within the established Boundary Zone. You can relax knowing he's as safe as he is happy. The PetSafe Premium Wireless Fence is more than just a barrier, the Wireless System actually helps train your pet. Using a magnetic field and safe corrections, the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System helps your pet learn which areas are for playing and which are off limits. Best of all, unlike traditional fences, cages, and chains, it's the one solution that can't be dug under, chewed through, or jumped over. System includes Transmitter with power adapter Receiever with adjustable collar, fits necks 6"-28" Short contact points for short haired pets long contact points for long haired pets 50 boundary zone flags Batteries (RFA-67) Operating and Training Guide NOT FOR PETS UNDER 8 LBS.
Compare to similar items
Top customer reviews
Installation of the product couldn't be easier. Simply plug it in, then walk around your property with one of the collars turned on in beep-only mode. This will help you find the boundaries. Adjustment of the boundaries is simple via the boundary adjustment wheel. Once you are satisfied with your boundaries, mark them with the included flags.
Training the dogs was simple, using the included training instructions. After 3 days, my dog was trained.
However, I did notice a "dead" spot in our boundary. The collar simply would not indicate it had left the boundary. Sometimes, after walking a dozen or so yards, it would immediately start to beep and initiate a shock, with no warning. I did not try this with the dog, but it would have been very confusing for the dog to try to find the boundary at this point. Since he would have had no warning, this simply would not do.
I also noticed the boundaries were very inconsistent. Sometimes by a matter of 5' or more. I could not reliably place the flags because the boundaries would differ so much from test to test.
I called PetSafe technical support, after 4 days of tweaking the system and training our dogs. PetSafe them began asking me a series of questions about placement and devices I had in my home. None of this was included in the pre-purchase information, the manual, or any of the technical information on the site.
Here's what it boils down to:
Do not place your transmitter near electronic equipment, including stereo speakers. PetSafe states 3', but when I notified the tech that it was approximately 5' away, the tech stated this may still be an issue. This should be printed in pre-purchase information.
The transmitter may be affected by certain types of WiFi routers. They did not tell me which ones, but this is critical information for a buyer to know. Practically everyone has WiFi in their home these days. Since they are aware of these issues, this should also be printed in pre-purchase information.
Finally, these transmitters are not compatible with wireless security systems, at all. The operate on the same frequency and I was told by the tech that this was likely the source of my problems. This can cause the transmitter to become unreliable, even shocking the animal while they are inside the zone.Essentially, these units are useless to you if you have a wireless security system. This is important information for the buyer to know, and a very common scenario.Since they are aware of these issues, this should also be printed in pre-purchase information.
The product seems decent. Easy to set up, easy to use, and clear training documentation for your animal. However, the lack of pre-purchase and post-purchase support information on product compatibility is very poor, and unacceptable for a product in this price range, especially given the time commitment required to get the system up and running and your pet trained. Because of this, I am only giving two stars.
Some people are removing the battery from the battery replacement unit and finding success with that. Since I sliced my hand attempting that method, I decided that should be a technique reserved for those with more advanced fine motor skills than I have.
Now, it is conceivable that this would be a supplier issue. However, after doing some research, I discovered that this is a common occurrence regardless of the supplier.
I'm not sure what to do next, but I figured I can at least inform future shoppers. You can decide if you want the ongoing frustration of finding replacement batteries before you are committed to the product.
Most recent customer reviews
My dog seemed to miraculously get off his lease all the time.Read more