Petcube [2017 Item Play Smart Pet Camera with Interactive Laser Toy. Remote Dog/Cat Monitoring with HD 1080p Video, Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, Sound/Motion Alerts. App-Enabled Pet and Home Safety
- MONITOR 24/7 FROM YOUR PHONE: With Petcube Play Wi-Fi pet cam, check on your pet day or night with clear 1080p HD video, 138° wide angle view, and night vision. See up close with 3x zoom. Get sound and motion alerts.
- CHAT WITH YOUR PET: With two-way audio you can speak to your pets and hear them bark or meow back. Tell them you love them from anywhere.
- PLAY FROM YOUR PHONE: Play with your fur baby with the built-in pet safe laser. You can control the laser movement within the app or set to automode and exercise your pet.
- ENJOY FREE CLOUD VIDEO STORAGE: Rewind and replay the last 4 hours of video history recorded with no subscription required. Go back and see what you missed while you were gone. For multi-day 24/7 video history with pet care savings, Petcube Care subscriptions are available.
- CONNECTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: 2.4GHz WiFi, iOS 9.3 and higher or Android 5.1 and higher. Compatible with Alexa.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the brand owner
How we got our start?Alex was looking for a solution for his dog’s severe anxiety. From there, the first prototype Petcube was born. Petcube was one of the most successful crowdfunding pet projects in Kickstarter in 2013.
What makes our product unique?Petcube’s products are specifically created with pet parents in mind, with functions like real-time interaction, video history and more. Our cameras have an award winning design and come in a different colors to seamlessly fit into any home.
Why we love what we do?We are first and foremost pet people. We love our pets and we love that we can help others improve their relationships with their own pets through technology. We want to create a world where people and their pets can have meaningful connections 24/7.
From the manufacturer
1080p HD Video & 2-way Audio
Start a video chat with your pet from anywhere to see what they are up to, soothe them or prevent destructive behavior.
In low light and no-light conditions, see things clearly with the night vision feature and be sure your pet is safe.
Human and pet safe laser toy
Play live games with the laser pointer or schedule autoplay mode to ensure your pet gets play and exercise.
Free Cloud Storage & Alerts
Get notified of major disturbances at home, replay up to 4 hours of the activity on a video timeline, download or share videos instantly.
Easy setup with iPhone and Android smartphones via the free Petcube app. iOS 9.3 and higher or Android 5.1 and higher (2.4GHz WiFi). Connect and view up 6 cameras to your account and keep tabs on all of the important areas of your home.
Petcube Play is a smart Wi-Fi pet camera with built-in laser toy. It lets you see, talk, play and exercise your pet remotely. From the app on your phone, monitor your cat or dog in clear 1080p HD video and night vision, play laser tag to entertain them, say hello using 2-way audio, and get motion and sound alerts to make sure your pet and home are safe. Petcube Play pet camera is compatible with Alexa, so you can go hands free and ask Alexa to play with your pet or set to autoplay mode.
From the Manufacturer
With over 100,000 satisfied pet parents, Petcube interactive pet cameras are designed to help care for your cat or dog when you are away. Petcube isn’t just a dog camera or a cat camera, it’s a savior for lonely pets. Petcube pet monitoring system helps remedy pet separation anxiety and give you peace of mind that your pet is safe. Petcube pet cameras provide a great home security solution too. Besides amusing your pets with a remote-controlled laser pointer or treat dispenser, you can keep tabs on home security as well.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1 Year Limited Warranty
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was very easy to set up, and the companion application is fantastic, too.
(My photo shows two of them in the dark. I will be getting a mountable tripod to put it somewhere where they won't mess with it. 😋 They were quick to find out where the laser and my voice were coming from. This photo cracks me up.)
Now that I have a tripod, this camera truly is amazing. The wide angle sees the entire room my boys and I are currently staying in, and the night vision works in total darkness. It gives me wonderful piece of mind. <3
The problem with PetCube resides with its Petcube Care. Without Petcube the Care Awake/Activity Capture is limited to 10 second records and from my testing only two days of recordings are accessible (regardless of the statement that 4 hours of recording are provided with the Petcube without a Petcube Care subscription). The PetCube subscriptions start at $10 USD a month which is very expensive for the service they are providing. A subscription is required for each Petcube. Additional devices cost an additional $5 USD. In my opinion this is outrageous.
I had back this product during its original Kickstarter campaign and I have slowly witness a great product be marred with its features that were once free and placed behind a subscription wall. I can understand the subscription fee to maintain the servers, but the pricing of the subscription is not aligned with the features provided. The subscription shouldn't be more than $3-4 USD per device.
Then, the App received an automatic update...and it hasn't worked in MONTHS! I contacted the PetCube Facebook page and they asked if I'd downloaded the latest App version (my answer was YES) and then asked what phone I was using (Andriod, latest version)....and then they offered no more assistance.
After repeatedly trying to get it to turn on for MONTHS, I then tried re-booting it, re-installing it, and re-installing the App. Nothing has helped. What a wasted $200!
- Easy setup
- Pretty good picture quality with zoom
- The laser feature is okay, it's not very price but it's a bright enough laser
Cons (their app)
- I don't want to join a social media network, especially one that is for a camera sitting in my apartment. This is a major flaw to me
- Without a subscription, you cannot access anything older than 4 hours
- Video clips for motion are saved in arbitrary 6-12 second clips with variable gaps in between
- Sound to/from live video is either send OR receive at one time. Also, sending audio sounds like a demon is coming through the cat cube. Pretty funny imo
What should they have done differently?
- Ask for/include an onboard micro SD or USB
- Save video clips there, or use that as a springboard to upload them to a user's homegroup storage location or to cloud storage
- No social network for privacy invasion
Short: It's functional but PetCube is trying hard to sell you on their subscription service, so as long as you're okay with only "now" videos and a few random video clips of the last 4 hours, you'll be fine. Also very, very quickly learn the security model for their app unless you want randos watching your cube.
Top international reviews
Je ne me sers pas du laser (les lapins n'y sont pas réactifs) mais il fonctionne.
La qualité de la caméra est bonne même dans une pièce relativement sombre (cf photo). L'application permet de récupérer les vidéos facilement, on peut prendre une photo pendant la surveillance et l'envoyer instantanément via divers modes (sms, mails, réseaux sociaux).
En plus d'être une caméra pour animaux, elle permet de surveiller la maison dans son ensemble.