Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 467 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 499 reviews
on January 30, 2014
So very dissapointed that the Pete in this book is so negative. I agree with other reviewers that the loss of Mr Litwin is noticible in this publication. Pete seems panicky, and negative through the book and not cool like in white shoes and groovy buttons. This book is certianly not worth the money. I will cherish the old pete books!
on March 9, 2015
This book was disappointing. I bought it since my son is a major Pete The Cat fan but he wasnt interested in this book at all and frankly neither was I. There is no song, no asking questions, no fun story line. It was basically "hey its valentines day, watch me make cards for people, the end." The best part of the whole book was the valentines day cards inside. The poster was incredibly dumb and went in the trash pretty quickly. Its a picture of the cover of the book, and then its a picture of the book showing the cover. Pointless. I wouldn't recommend buying this unless you are only looking to get the valentines day cards.
on January 31, 2014
Like others have said, it's not like previous Pete the Cat books. You can't sing it, it's not as catchy/memorable, so I was a little disappointed. But it is sweet, and my kids dug the inserts. Price for the hardback is MUCH better than ordering through my kid's Scholastic Book Club.
on August 26, 2017
Perfect for my 4-year old who has just started reading. The repetitive characters are great and she really likes them. The books are relatively short and the pages are one or two lines. Perfect for new readers with easy words and relatively few difficult words.
on February 18, 2016
We are huge fans of how Eric Litwin brings Pete to life with songs, questions, rhymes. This book, while still boasting excellent illustrations by Mr Dean, was such a horrible disappointment. Pete thinks V-Day is lame. Callie says it's not, so Pete changes his mind & sets to work drawing cool cards for his friends. The boys' cards, which he draws first, reflect their interests & hobbies & what makes them cool, like sports, cars, guitars, etc. The girls' cards reflect nothing unique or interesting about them. They all get the same-- a heart. I guess the girls in Pete's class have no interests outside of being someone's Valentine. Here's the kicker-- after Callie encourages him to embrace the holiday, helps him create cards for just about everyone he knows (from his classmates to the crossing guards, librarian, etc) & invites him to her party, Pete shows up with no Valentine for her. She immediately forgives him because she's just happy to spend time with him, regardless of his thoughtless, uncaring, disrespectful behavior. It's just a children's book, but the message here really struck me as something that I don't want my young daughter to think is ok. If a guy spends all his time (& yours) creating beautiful, thoughtful cards for everybody with a heartbeat, but shows up at your house empty handed, completely forgetting to show you the same respect & admiration he had for everyone else, by all means allow him in your party, but remember that he is not cool. Not cool at all.
No rhymes, no song, no catchy repetitive questions. Just a lame, boring, poorly written story with a terrible message for young girls.
on April 24, 2017
What kid doesn't love Pete the Cat!? I found that this version is different from the same story in another book, but it's ok. I don't like how flimsy these are, but you get what you pay for and these are priced quite affordably.
on February 19, 2015
This book was full of fun for our Granddaughter! It was good to introduce her to Valentine's Day. She feel in love with Pete the Cat.

She really liked making out her little Valentine cards for those she loves. Uncle, Cousin,Gramma,Grampa,Mommy and Daddy!
Valentine's Day is over but reading the book is not. The only thing I had a hard time with was explaining to her that the pages were made to tear out of this book. LOL
on May 6, 2017
My youngest son is in kindergarten and I purchased several of these books to help facilitate his learning. When they were delivered he's grabbed them and started reading them on his own. He loves Pete the Cat.
on July 12, 2017
Not one of my favorite pete the cat books but still cute. My 3 year old enjoyed the book. Not sure I would recommend this one though - too many other better pete the cat books out there.
on April 3, 2017
Grandaughter loves Pete, Iv'e bought several of the series for her. This book was more of a Valentine novelty with stickers and cards rather than a reading book. She still liked it.